chapter 4

the luckiest fangirl?

“And you know what he just said??? He said I should ask Sohee for his number if I’m that desperate!! The nerve of that guy!!!”

 

“Calm down. You’re scaring the patient. Jeseonghamnida”

 

Miyoung took the syringe from my hand. “I’ll do it. Go inside and calm yourself first”

 

“Kamsa”

 

I was fanning myself as I was walking out of the out-patient department. “I thought I’d be fangirling but why am I so annoyed??”

 

Ugh. And as if I wasn’t already super annoyed, Sohee, the , suddenly popped out of nowhere.

We had a brief eye contact but she immediately broke it. She passed by me like she have seen nothing. Well, it’s not like I’m expecting her to greet me or anything.

I head straight to the pantry to drink water.

I should really not let that guy get to my nerves.

 

**

 

The next day.

 

Today, I’m in our school. It’s seminar day. Per week we have a day allotted for school, four days in the hospital, and two days off. Pretty much the cycle every week.

So yeah, today is one of my school days. I just have to sit, listen to a very boring professor and then take a quiz after.

 

Pretty simple?

 

UH no. There’s practically no time to study. You have to be really focused in class or else you’ll fail the quiz.

So even if I’m dead tired, annoyed, and all the other feelings out there, I need to get my here and listen ‘til I drop.

 

“Excuse me, miss. Can I sit here?”

 

“Don’t attempt to copy that . It’s annoying”

 

“Oh sorry, I thought you’ll think it’s Sehun again.” Miyoung laughed.

 

I SWEAR I COULD PUNCH THIS GIRL—

 

“Sehun who???,” Minah said while approaching us.

 

Minah’s one of our girlfriends. We’re like a trio but then, Minah is an intern at a different hospital so we don’t see her often.

 

“Minah!!” Miyoung hugged her. “You won’t believe what happened—“

 

“Sehun, my new neighbor. He’s nascissistic and super annoying.”

 

“Oh really? But is he a potential boyfriend???”

 

“NO—“

 

“Potential husband!!!” Miyoung squealed.

 

I slapped the back of his head. “Are you nuts?”

 

“YAH! That hurts!!”

 

“Then you shouldn’t have said that”

 

“Minah-ya!!!” Jinah, one of our classmates, called out for her

 

“Bye for now, girls!”

 

“Yah! You shouldn’t say we met HIM here in school, you don’t want that info to leak”

 

“But admit it, you were blushing when I said he was your potential husband”

 

I looked at her with a poker face. “You want me to hit you again?”

 

“AISH!”

 

**


Today’s my day-off. AAAHH. A day to breathe

 

I looked around my room. Ugh. Oh Sehun everywhere. It feels weird now that he knows me. Like not in a personal level but ugh you know, you know what I mean.

 

“You could’ve pretended to be good”

 

My phone vibrated. It was a message from Minah.

 

See you later, girls!! xo

 

Minah’s throwing a party later. It’s usually like that, but today’s kinda different since it’s her birthday. Nothing new for a chaebol heiress. How did I become friends with her? Well, I’m a chaebol—KIDDING!! Far from that. I’m just a normal girl with a scholarship in our expensive af school. It’s not super high class. It’s within the top ten most expensive schools but not the top one. So yeah, we were classmates since first year college and we really didn’t interact much until third year came. She was about to be married off some chaebol guy and of course she declined, but well, her father only sees her as a product soooo—anyway, she ran away and I took her in. Because I live alone. Family’s in Busan and I’m renting a studio. Luckily, my studio was a bit huge so we managed. A month later, her father decided to put the wedding on hold and decide based on Minah’s ability to take over the company. If she proves to be capable of doing things on her own, her father might totally call the wedding off.

 

A pretty long story.

 

Since it’s already 5 pm and the party’s at 8, I think I still have time to prep myself to the fullest.

 

**

 

OK SO THAT WAS WRONG. I DIDN’T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PREP MYSELF

Because

  1. I was too lazy to move
  2. I didn’t prepare what to wear (it’s super hard to choose on the spot)
  3. I FORGOT TO BUY MINAH A PRESENT SO I RUSHED TO THE NEAREST DEPARTMENT STORE AND JUST BOUGHT WHATEVER

 

Miyoung’s already calling me. Geez I’m only an hour late. And I’m already at the gate of Minah’s house.

 

“I’m already—“

 

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??”

 

“Uhm calm down, I’m already at the entrance”

 

“PPALI!!”

 

She hung up on me. Uhm ok? Isn’t she panicking too much??

I got off the cab and then I showed the invitation to the guard, but I’m sure they know me already, I’ve been here like a hundred times.

 

I saw a terrified Miyoung running towards me. “PARK HYOJIN!!!!!!!”

 

I retreat, walking back slowly while motioning her to stop. I suddenly felt my back bump into something…

 

“Ouch?”

 

…or someone

 

Miyoung’s jaw dropped. I looked behind to know the reason of her jaw being dropped. And now it’s my turn to have a jawdropping moment.

 

“S-Sehun-ssi?”

 

“Wow, now I’m convinced that you’re stalking me”

 

“A-Aniyo. It’s my friend’s birthday.”

 

He leaned down, close to my face, to examine me

 

HELP

 

“You’re friends with the birthday girl, huh?”

 

“N-Neh”

 

He seemed unsatisfied but he pulled away. “Okay, if you say so”

 

I was left standing there, pale.

 

“Wow, fate really has its ways,” Miyoung said bluntly

 

“Why is he even here???”

 

 “HYOJIN-AH!!!!!” Minah threw herself to me

 

“Minah, are you drunk already?!”

 

“Ani~ Why’d you think that?”

 

Uh sis your face is red as a tomato and you reek of alcohol, but should I say that?

I carried her on one side and Miyoung carried her on the other side. “It’s too early to be drunk. Why’d you even drink when you can’t handle your alcohol,” I say, slightly pissed.

 

**

 

When Minah calmed down a little, we started to ask her some questions.

 

“Why did you drink like there’s no tomorrow?,” I started.

 

“You know that already. Being here is suffocating”

 

“Yeah, but isn’t is always like that?”

 

“Birthdays are different. I get introduced to some guys that are supposedly gonna help us to be the top company in the whole world”

 

She sighed. “I can’t even date whoever I want because I haven’t proven anything yet.”

 

“Uh sis you can, he doesn’t have to know,” Miyoung said. She’s kinda a bad influence to us.

 

“I don’t know, I feel like I’m always watched. And it’s not just me that’s gonna be in trouble, the guy I’ll be dating will be in trouble too.”

 

We all sighed.

 

“Let’s come out now, you shouldn’t be moping. It’s your birthday!!! Anyway, I think I should just leave your present here. I’m not sure if you’re gonna like it”

 

“YOU KNOW I’M GONNA LIKE IT!!”

 

“Even the gift wrap’s not pretty”

 

“NOOOO! It’s super cute. I’m gonna display it out!”

“Uhhh ok…if you like it that much”

 

“YAAAAY!” Minah hugged me. “Thank you for always ALWAYS being there”

 

“Oh don’t make me cry”

 

**

 

We went downstairs to see what’s happening.

 

“There she is, the queen of the night, Choi Minah!”

 

The audience looked at us and clapped. Also, a spotlight was shone on us. I mean we’re not really supposed to be included, but we’re beside Minah sooo

 

“Come down, princess. We’re about to introduce our guest performers”

 

Minah glanced at me and smiled. “I’ll do it!!”

 

She ran down the stairs, to the stage.

 

“Yeorobun!! Annyeonhasaeyo! Choi Minah imnida! Thank you for coming here!! And for the presents also! So now, let me introduce our guest performers!” She looked at me again. “OH MY I’M EXCITED!!”

 

“I want to dedicate this performance to my friend, Park Hyojin!” she motioned her arms to me.

 

Obviously, I’m shocked. Who could—

 

OH don’t tell me…

 

“Please welcome EXO!!!”