chapter 3

the luckiest fangirl?

“Aniya, aniya. Are they dating?! That girl and my Sehun?? Aniya!! That can’t be true!!”

 

“Calm down, Jin-ah!!”

 

“How can I calm down??? They were hugging and laughing and UGHHH it hurts my heart!!”

 

“That’s just the life of a fangirl”

 

I immediately became sad.

 

“True. If he’ll be happy with her, I should just accept it, right? But why her??? Of all people!”

 

Sohee suddenly entered the lab. I’m supposed to call her Ma’am, but in my mind, let’s just call her btch—I mean Sohee.

I didn’t realize that I’ve been looking at her with an annoyed face.

 

“Yes, Park Hyojin? You have anything to say?”

 

“No, ma’am”

 

She raised an eyebrow and continued walking.

 

“UGHHH I hate her”

 

**

 

After my duty, I decided to stop by Mcdonald’s to eat uhm…snacks? Dinner? Idk.

 

Hmmm what should I eat??? I was looking at the menu, busy thinking about what food do I crave right now when suddenly, someone from behind, spoke, “Your shoelaces are untied.”

 

I was about to turn but then he said, “Don’t look at me, people might recognize me and take pics. You don’t want to be on the news tomorrow”

 

Hmph but I want!! I’d rather see myself on the news than you and Sohee btch!!!

 

“Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you’re a stalker.”

 

“EXC—"

 

“Shh. Don’t make a scene”

 

He was the one behind me!!!! Why am I the stalker????

 

“Next!” My thoughts were disturbed when I heard the cashier

 

I haven’t even decided what to eat UGHH whatever

 

“Just a cheeseburger and a coke. Regular”

 

Sehun whispered under his breath, “Sit over there, the table with four seats”

 

UHM WHAT

 

Does he want to sit with me??

OH MY SAKDHKFSLKDJSA

 

Is this like….a DATE?!!?!

 

No, stop, don’t be delusional. He’s already taken.

But uhhh why does he want to share a table??

 

“Excuse me miss, can I sit here?” he pointed the seat that was diagonally across from me.

 

“Uhh ok.”

 

Is this his way of not being caught??

 

“First of all, no, this is not a date”

 

“Wait what?? I didn’t even think—“

 

“Ah, don’t deny it. I know my fans. And don’t look at me, pretend like you’re talking to yourself or something”

 

I DIDN’T EXPECT THAT HE WAS ACTUALLY LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE?? I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST HIS IMAGE!! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A FAÇADE!!

 

“Ok, if you say so”

 

“Now I know why you look so familiar.”

 

I’M?? FAMILIAR??

 

“You’re that girl from Youtube who dances to EXO and other boy groups”

 

I’m sure right now, I look pale. Paler than ever. He…WATCHED MY VIDEOS?!

 

“How—“

 

“I watched it a long time ago and then, yesterday it popped out again on the suggested videos”

 

“What—“

 

“I don’t know, I was watching videos of myself, fancams, and then I found that video of yours dancing to Growl”

 

I CANNOT PROCESS THIS

 

“Wait wait, so you’re talking to me right now because of that?”

 

“Neh. What else? I wanna thank you for being such a good fan. Kamsahamnida”

 

Gahd, he just wanted to feed his ego. This guy is really something else.

 

AHA! I have an idea

 

“The next time you come, can you bring Kai with you? He’s actually my bias, not you”

 

He cleared his throat. “I see, you have poor taste in men”

 

WHAT THE ACTUAL—

 

“I do agree, I think I really have POOR taste in men”

 

Yeah, because my bias is you

 

“Did you just roll your eyes?”

 

WAIT DID I??

 

I think I unconsciously did. But wait how did he catch that? We’re not even looking at each other

 

“I think you’re being too comfortable with me, Ms. Fangirl. Don’t you think asking me to bring Kai with me is a little bit over the line?”

 

WHAT LINE?!

 

“I’m just saying that he’s my bias, you can politely decline, you know?”

 

GAHD my ass attitude is showing.

 

“Ohhh, did you just snap at me?”

 

“No, why would I?”

 

Just calm down. CALM DOWN. Even if he’s such an , he’s still your bias, Sehun. You should be good to him.

 

“Anyway, I want to ask you something. Uhm, did Miyoung give you our numbers?”

 

“Uhh, I don’t remember that. Why? Is it because you were worried that I didn’t text you?” He smirked.

 

“Aniyo!!!”

 

“Oh god, don’t shout,” he said, his teeth gritted.

 

“Sorry”

 

“You’re so thoughtless. I won’t text you even if I actually saw your number”

 

Oh wow. He can’t even offer me a fake fanservice. Wow

 

“You know you can lose a fan by saying that, right?”

 

“But you said you’re a fan of Kai”

 

“Yeah but also all of you in EXO. Do you want me to unstan you?”

 

“Ooh you won’t do that, Hyojin-ah”

 

HYOJIN-AH?! DID HE JUST???

 

HA! I can keep up with that.

 

“What makes you think that, Sehun-ah?”

 

“Yah! I’m older than you”

 

“Ah, neh, I forgot, Sehun oppa”

 

DID HE JUST BLUSH??

 

He scoffed. “That sounds awkward”

 

“Waeyo, Sehun oppa? It sounds fine to me, Sehun oppa?”

 

 “Suit yourself.”

 

I’m gonna regret this later, I’m sure.

 

“Anyway, are you dating Ms. Jung Sohee?”

 

He spat out his drink. “Jeseonghamnida,” he said to everyone around him while pulling his cap closer to his face

 

“Why are you suddenly asking me that?!”

 

“What? I thought we’re close? You called me Hyojin-ah”

 

“I’m not dating Sohee, ok? What the hell, are you also a journalist or something? Do you plan spreading rumors in the lab?”

 

I shrugged. “I saw you hugging her and patting her head”

 

“I can’t believe I’m eating with a stalker.”

 

“And I can’t believe I’m eating with a narcissistic man who used to be my bias”

 

“Wait, did I hear that right? I’m your bias?”

 

“You should clean your ears, Sehun OPPA, I said, USED TO BE.”

 

“And when exactly was that?”

 

“You don’t need to know”

 

“But I thought we were…close”

 

“Nah, you shouldn’t copy me like that. I’m leaving if you have nothing more to say”

 

“Ask Sohee for my number…if you’re that desperate”