chapter 13

the luckiest fangirl?

A week has passed and I’m still bothered by what Sohee, that evil , said. For everyone’s sake??? Or is she just being selfish?

 

“Don’t think about it too much,” Miyoung said while munching down a burger.

 

It’s seminar day today and we’re in the back row, eating, because why not?

 

“I guess I won’t think about it. How about you guys tell me about your dates?”

 

“Well uhh, I decided to entertain Suho alone. No other guys at the moment”

 

My eyes widened. “Does it mean you’re getting married?!?!”

 

She slapped my shoulders hard.

 

“AW!!!”

 

“Don’t be silly. It’s not like I can just marry him. He’s an idol.”

 

Miyoung’s expression suddenly changed to a sad one. “Miyoung, why?,” I asked.

 

“Well, it’s just that…I think if we continue we’ll be caught in a mess. Remember what happened with you when you were linked to Sehun?”

 

It’s my turn to feel sad. Sadly, idols don’t have much privacy. “Yeah, I wonder how hard they work to keep us”

 

All three of us sighed.

 

How did we get here?

 

**

 

“Should we go shopping today?,” Minah asked

 

“Uhh well, Jongin oppa and I are meeting today”

 

“OOOHHH,” Minah and I exchanged looks.

 

“Ok, love birds,” I said

 

“How about you?,” Minah asked

 

“Well, I don’t have plans. So I guess we can?”

 

Miyoung pouted. “Yah! That’s unfair!!”

 

“See you next time! Enjoy with Kai,” I said while walking away from Miyoung

 

**

 

I wish I’m like Minah level rich because it to be average. I wanna be able to buy things without thinking much too. Imagine spotting a bag you like and then not even looking at the price tag because hey, I’m damn rich. Yeah, that’s Minah level rich

 

“Aren’t you tired? We’ve been shopping for two hours already”

 

“Mian! I was supposed to buy something for Suho but I got too distracted”

 

“Oh wow, now you’re buying gifts for him too, that’s new”

 

Minah gasped.

 

I looked at where she was looking

 

It was Sehun.

 

 

With my father.

 

“Should we follow them?,” Minah asked

 

I snapped back to reality upon hearing her. It felt like I saw a ghost.

 

Why the hell are they together??

 

“I don’t know, should we?,” I answered, still having doubts

 

Despite answering that, my feet already moved on its own. We’re now tailing Sehun and my dad. Why is he with my dad? Is he already asking my hand in marriage???

 

Kidding.

 

**

 

We’re now inside a fancy looking restaurant. Thanks to Minah and her membership card, we were able to get in.

 

We can’t get too close to them because they’ll notice. Uhh what’s the point of being here?

 

Minah brought out a pen from her bag. “I knew this will come in handy”

 

I frowned. “What’s that?”

 

“Something you see on spy movies. It’s a thing that can record sounds.”

 

“Oh my god, are you a spy?”

 

She glared at me. “I’m gonna go close to them and drop this. Pray to God that no one will notice and pick it up”

 

“Yah! That’s too risky!

 

“Ok fine, do you have a better plan?”

 

I thought for a while. “Yeah, maybe that’s our only option”

 

“Oh, actually I just thought of something”

 

Minah raised her hand to call a waitress. A waitress immediately went to our table.

 

“Are you a fan of Sehun?”

 

“Yes, ma’am! Why?”

 

“I guess you already know that Sehun’s over there.” Minah pointed to Sehun’s direction. What the hell is she planning??? “What I want you to do is to ask for his autograph with this pen and paper and then leave the pen on the table. Can you do that?”

 

INSANE

 

“Uh, but I can just get his autograph even without your order.” The waitress scratched her head

 

“I’ll give you two albums”

 

“It’s a deal, ma’am!” She quickly took the pen and paper out of Minah’s hand and headed to Sehun’s direction.

 

“What the hell, Minah???”

 

“What???”

 

“Why wasn’t I born rich?”

 

I looked towards Sehun’s direction. He’s frowning. He looks so serious. Same with appa. What are they talking about?

 

**

 

What? They’re leaving already?? I lowered my head a little to make sure that they won’t see a glimpse of me.

 

After seeing them leave, Minah went to their table to retrieve the pen.

 

“Why do I think that this is not your first time?”

 

Someone from behind cleared . It was the waitress from awhile ago.

 

“Ma’am, about the albums…”

 

“Yeah, I’ll give you my number, contact me there, ok? Send me the albums that you want”

 

Her eyes sparkled. “You’re an angel. Kamsahamnida!!”

 

Minah patted her shoulder and dragged me out of the restaurant.

 

“Let’s go to my house and listen to this”

 

“Why wait that long???”

 

“Well, it might be something about marriage and I don’t want you to scream here???”

 

“What!! You’re thinking too far ahead!!”

 

“But what if???”

 

I blushed. I know it’s impossible but Minah is giving me false hope!

 

“Now you’re thinking about it too”

 

“I hate you”

 

**

 

“I thought I clearly told you to stay away from my daughter”

 

“Sir, with all due respect, Hyojin and I have nothing to do with what you’ve been through”

 

“Of course it involves you, don’t try to get away with it. You think Hyojin can accept if she knew about your little secret?”

 

“I’m not the one keeping it a secret”

 

*silence*

 

“What do you even need? Why does it have to be my daughter?”

 

“I’ve loved her ever since.”

 

“What do you know about love? Does your dad teach you the right way to love?”

 

“I’ve already said this. I have nothing to do with what you’ve been through. Don’t compare me to my dad.”

 

“Nothing good will come from your relationship. Be it be about the past or the present. You’re an idol and she’s a fangirl, it won’t work.”

 

“But she’s more than just a fangirl.”