chapter 9

the luckiest fangirl?

“A-Appa, I swear, I’m not—“

 

“Is this the reason why you decided to move out? Is this how you want to be remembered? Is this your contribution to the world?”

 

IS IT JUST ME OR IS HE OVERREACTING

 

“A-Appa…I didn’t do it”

 

“You didn’t do what? Those photos are clearly not edited. What? You’ve been goofing around that good-for-nothing brat?”

 

WHAT PHOTOS?? IT’S JUST ONE PHOTO

 

“APPA!! He’s not like that…”

 

“You’re even taking his side”

 

“I’m not—“

 

He sighed. “Move back here. My decision is final.”

 

He hung up.

 

Miyoung sent me another link.

 

OH NO

SO THESE ARE WHAT HE MEANT BY “PHOTOS”

 

From the very first time we met to the last time I saw him. They’ve collected them all. I didn’t even know that we were being followed. I thought we were safe from media’s eyes, turns out we were wrong. Things got uglier and I don’t even know how to deal with everything. From my father being mad, to Sohee spilling the truth to me, to being chased by sasaengs, and to Sehun actually lying to me. Could this be worse?

 

I peeped through the window and I saw cars rushing in. The security has arrived.

 

“Kamsa,” I texted Minah.

 

I sat down on the bed and hugged my knees. Tears started pouring out my eyes. Why is this happening to me? I was just a simple fangirl.

 

**

 

6 pm.

 

“We’re coming home,” Dad said while holding my wrist fiercely.

 

“NO!! I’m not coming with you!!!”

 

He took a deep breath. “I said we’re going home,” this time, sounding stern.

 

Silence.

 

The only noise that can be heard was from my laptop. I was in the middle of watching Sehun’s vlive. I didn’t know why, but I’m half-expecting him to defend me in some way. That is, if he isn’t mad at me for throwing away his number. Idk. Does he know that? Or does he think that I really gave away his number? I have no clue.

 

“…uhh, hi guys, I don’t where to start—“

 

Dad closed my laptop.

 

“APPA!!”

 

“What?! Do you expect him to defend you?!”

 

“I just want to hear what he’s about to say!”

 

“Wae?”

 

“I…I…Fine!! I want to know if he’ll defend me! Maybe there’s a part of me expecting that he’ll come protect me from those attacking me!”

 

“He’s a good-for-nothing brat!”

 

“He isn’t!!!!”

 

WHY DOES HE KEEP ON SAYING THAT?!

 

“Prove it”

 

“How about this? If he defends me, you’ll let me stay here. If not, I’ll go with you.”

 

“Fine with me," he said with confidence

 

 

I opened my laptop nervously. Please, Sehun. Save my just this once.

 

“…so yeah, we’re childhood best friends. There’s 3 of us actually. The other one is Sohee. Sohee, Hyojin, and I are childhood best friends, so please, don’t attack Hyojin. If you’re wondering why I was giving her my number, that’s because we haven’t seen each other for a long time, I don’t think she intentionally misplaced it, so please, stop it. Kamsahamnida” He then bowed.

 

UHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

WHAT WAS THAT

 

I didn’t think he’d go as far as pretending to be my childhood best friend

 

“S-See?! He defended me!”

 

“Did you know why he said that?”

 

“Said what? I’m actually clueless about what he said. Why did he even include Sohee was that necessary?”

 

“Sohee?”

 

“It’s one of our hospital staffs. She’s like my mortal enemy”

 

WAIT WHY AM I SAYING TOO MUCH

YOU BLABBERMOUTH

 

“Tch. I’m leaving you FOR NOW. The next time something like this happens I’ll drag you out of here, understand?”

 

I sighed. “Nehhhh”

 

Ughhh so draining

 

**

 

Unknown number calling…

 

“Yoboseyo??”

 

“Hyojin…I’m sorry for calling you first. But I really want to know if you’re okay.”

 

“S-Sehun-ssi??”

 

“Gwaenchana?”

 

“Uh…Neh? I guess the stalkers left after your vlive. Thank you. You didn’t have to pretend to know me for a long time tho. Why would you say we’re childhood friends when we just met?”

 

“But we are…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean, do you think it’ll be better if I said that you were my fan and we’re already this close?”

 

“How close, exactly?”

 

Silence.

 

“Close enough.”

 

“Close enough for you to take advantage of me? To play with my feelings?”

 

“Wait, what are you talking about?”

 

“As much as I’m thankful for what you did, I’m still very mad. What am I to you, really? You’re already dating someone yet you dare mess with me”

 

“I’m not dating anyone!! You know that already”

 

“How do I know you’re not lying.”

 

“I’m not dating you, so I’m not dating anyone”

 

WHAT THE O//////////O

 

“OH SEHUN WHAT”

 

“I said I’m not dating anyone”

 

“No, before that.”

 

“If you want to hear it, come outside”

 

I looked out the window and saw a car parked across my apartment.

Maybe it’s because I’m a fangirl…I rushed downstairs to meet him.

 

Woah this car is heavily tinted and it’s black af. The passenger seat’s door clicked open.

I peeped a little just to make sure it’s Sehun.

 

OK, it’s Sehun.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

 

My heart’s beating so fast. I exceeded my ultimate fangirl goal.

I tried to compose myself before sitting next to him. AHHHHHHHH

 

“Sehun-ssi…w-why are you here?”

 

“Because I’ve decided.”

 

“I’ve decided I’ll date you.”