Harvest Season

MILDANG: A Decade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(A/N: Events from this chapter happened prior to the meeting with the CEO in the last chapter. Enjoy!)

 

He was a week away from his last leave prior to his military discharge. To say that he was restless would be an understatement. Being discharged would mean that he would have to face everything hanging over his head that he was trying to put on hold and ignore the whole time he was there.

 

His career which he wasn’t sure what state would be in when he gets back.

 

The mess that their band was in and needed to be fixed.

 

She and their non-existent relationship that needed a resolution before it drove him absolutely crazy.

 

All needed his attention and his decision, it was enough to drive him to the wall. And it didn’t help that while in the military, he had a lot of time to think about them. But thinking about them without the power to do anything only made him more anxious. So the best way was to put on hold everything and just go about his day-to-day life as nonchalant as he could.

 

But on this particular day, a package came for him. It was from an unfamiliar address in Seoul. He has learned to trust anything that the army would allow past their security protocols so he did not hesitate to open it. 

 

Underneath the soft wrapping paper was a grey scarf that reminded him of the one she made for him years ago. It was handmade, that he was sure because he also learned how to knit. He tried to keep his hope that it was from her in check. However, when he took it out of the box, there was an envelope at the bottom of it.

 

One lingering effect of their time on the show was the feeling of deja vu that would hit him every time he was handed an envelope, especially if it was a red one. Jungshin would snicker beside him because he knew what was going on inside his head every time he was handed one. This one inside the box was no different. 

 

Dear Yonghwa Oppa,

 

Have you been well? I hope that you have been taking care of yourself. I heard that your discharge is coming soon. Congratulations!

 

I was thinking of what I cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter