Contractual Obligations

MILDANG: A Decade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a hard decision to leave, but it was one that was necessary for her for what she wanted to achieve in her career and her life moving forward. While she will always be part of SNSD, she wanted to give space and attention for the actress in her and shifting to a new agency seemed to be the best.

 

Granted she would have to admit that she had him in mind when she decided, albeit it was a small part of it then. It has been months and months of meetings and looking for the right fit for her. She even thought of going to FNC but that would not be good for now. 

 

That brought her here in this agency’s meeting room, discussing plans and contract details.

 

One of the company representatives just finished her presentation, “And that’s how we plan to help you in your career. If you have any questions, please feel free to speak. May we also know if you have any specific plans or details that you are looking for?”

 

She sat up straight and looked at them with a smile, “I plan to work and establish my acting career within 3 years time. If you’ll be able to help me with that then I think we can work together.”

 

The representatives were a bit shocked and it showed in their faces. They knew Seohyun was straightforward and clear with her goals but this was beyond expected. “Three years? That's possible because you are already known, it’s just a matter of choosing the right projects for you and doing well in them. That we can help you with. But Seohyun, may I know why three years?”

 

“I’m very used to working hard and keeping a busy schedule so I don’t mind if it will mean a lot of work within the next three years. But as for your question, I wanted to be established within those times so I can also give attention to other personal endeavors after that.” She finished with a deep breath after.

 

“I appreciate a hard worker, I think we’ll be able to work well together.” The man smiled at her and opened the folder containing the contract. “We don’t have strict rules, nor do we meddle with our artists’ personal lives as long as it will not have any adverse effect on your work. But I would just like to know so we can know how to help and protect your privacy, are you in a relationship right now?”

 

For a moment she didn’t know how to answer that. Certainly, “it’s complicated” will not suffice. She can’t say she was in one because she’s not. She also can’t say that she doesn’t have a relationship because she does, it’s just not as clear cut as others are. “Well…” 

 

“You don’t have to give a name, we just need a yes or no.”

 

“Not… yet?” She answered them quite unsurely. “If there should be any progress in that area I am sure to let you know.”

 

Thankfully, they seemed satisfied with her answer and they proceeded to sign the contract.




 

It was his last leave before he will be discharged in a few weeks and CEO Han had called to meet with him. The doorbell on his apartment signaled the man’s arrival.

 

They had dinner first and caught up with each other. It has been a difficult

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter