The Best Present Ever

MILDANG: A Decade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungshin chingu~~

Yah! Why did I suddenly feel nervous getting a text from you?

Why are you like that? I thought we were friends?

Right...we are

Anyway… I need your help?

What kind of help? I hope it won’t get me into a scandal

Well…

I can’t sneak you into a military base. Don’t ask that from me

Not the base

So where?... Wait, you want me to sneak into some place?!

Kind of

Who are you and what did you do to my law-abiding friend?

Hey you fool, it’s me! Don’t be mean! I’ll tell on you

It’s not like hyung can do anything to me while he’s there

Should we test that hypothesis?

Don’t bother. What do you need me to do?


 

It hasn’t been a few months since he started his military service. It was not that different from his normal where there’s always something to do and everything was scheduled, except that it was much more difficult and less enjoyable. What he looked forward to was having some time to himself to think, even get in touch with his family and friends when allowed.

 

The song was released almost a month before and he was sure she had seen it by now. But same as his last letter to her went, he hasn’t received a response from her. And it’s almost his birthday. This just might be the most melancholic birthday for him. 

 

He was distracted from his thoughts when one of the soldiers he shares the bunk with told him he had a package. That raised his mood a little bit.

 

Or maybe not. The address said it was from FNC. Must be a gift or something from the company. As much as he was grateful, he couldn’t brush off his disappointment that it was not from her.

 

He opened the package only to find a single item covered in soft wrapping paper. There was nothing else. No note, no birthday card. He tore away the remaining wrap only to be shocked with what he was holding in his hand.

 

The familiar black book he hasn’t seen in years. But how did it get here? And why would the company send it to him?

 

It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter