The Problem

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae was in the kitchen with Kyuhyun stuffing his face with some left over cake that he brought home from Sungmin's wedding while angrily unloading the events of the day to Kyuhyun who was busy cooking their dinner for the night. 

"I can't believe he lied to me!" Hyukjae yelled then stabbed the small plate of cake in front of him. "He was trying to make a fool out of me but I caught him!" He chuckled darkly in realization then angrily munched on the piece of cake that he had stabbed earlier. "No one makes a fwool of mme and gets awoay with it." His words were garbled by the huge chunk of cake that he just shoved in his mouth but Kyuhyun understood him enough to roll his eyes. 

"Aren't you overreacting a little bit?"

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes at Kyuhyun's back and stabbed the cake -- again.

"What!?"

"I'm just saying," Kyuhyun mixed around the vegetables that he was cooking then flipped it over by flicking the pan and throwing it in the air. He smiled when it all fell back in place before shifting his attention back on Hyukjae. "From what you've told me about him before, he doesn't sound like someone who'd hurt people for kicks. I mean, how many times did you call him your prince charming after just meeting him? Probably a million after just one night."

Hyukjae growled at the reminder and had half-a-mind to flick the rest of the cake at him. 

"You're my friend, Kyu! Why are you defending him?"

"I'm not defending anyone." Kyuhyun retorted. "To be honest with you, I couldn't care less about what happens with you two." Somehow, that statement left a much bitter taste on Hyukjae than his prior statement. "I'm just saying, when are you gonna find someone as handsome as that to be interested in you again?"

Hyukjae scowled and stood up to smash the rest of the cake on Kyuhyun's head. The other was getting on his last nerves and he decided that he could handle being pissed at two people at the same time for the rest of his life. It would have been easy too since Kyuhyun's back was still on him. Hyukjae was already up on his feet with the plate on the palm of his hand and was about to fling said cake on Kyuhyun's back if it wasn't for the sound of someone ringing their doorbell. 

"Oh, can you get that? That's probably Yesung and Ryeowook."

"Yesung and Ryeowook?" Hyukjae repeated more annoyed. "What are they doing here?"

"I invited them." Kyuhyun answered naturally as he gently transferred the food he was cooking onto a plate. "I wanted more people to try this new recipe I'm making and obviously, you're in a bad mood which is not good for the taste buds."

Hyukjae was too annoyed and upset already that he didn't think he could feel any worse, but Kyuhyun proved him wrong every time. Shaking his head in disbelief he went to grumpily answer the door after he heard them press the doorbell for a second time. He was met by Ryeowook's angelic smile and Yesung's more polite one. Due to the bitter spite he felt towards Donghae, he immediately narrowed his eyes at Yesung and poked at his chest hard. 

"You! You better watch yourself." Hyukjae threatened catching Ryeowook and Yesung off guard. 

"I-I'm sorry?"

"I'm watching you." Hyukjae further narrowed his eyes to show Yesung he meant business. "I know guys like you. You think it's funny to play with people's feelings, huh?! To make them think you like them because you're handsome and good looking, then you'll laugh at us at the end when you see how much we've fallen in love with you!?" 

Ryeowook's eyes widened at Hyukjae's ridiculous accusations at Yesung and immediately placed himself in between them. 

"Hyukjae hyung! What are you saying?" 

Kyuhyun hearing Hyukjae's rants quickly came to their aid and pulled the latter back away from Yesung who was still standing wide-eyed in the hallway looking lost and quite unresponsive. 

"I-Ignore him guys." Kyuhyun tried to cover up Hyukjae's weird behavior with his own nervous laugh and pulled Hyukjae inside the house while inviting the two of them in. "Just come inside so I'll catch you up on what's triggering this psycho right now."

Ryeowook hesitated for a second but seeing Hyukjae huffing and puffing in the living room, he got worried for the latter and walked in to check on him but still kept Yesung behind just in case his friend decided to attack his boyfriend again. Kyuhyun walked past them towards the kitchen to check on the food he was cooking really quick before it burned and hoped that it was already done simmering so he can use it to get everyone settled and quiet with his food in their mouth. 

"Hyuk hyung." Ryeowook called carefully now that the latter was calmly sitting in front of the TV despite the still clear present scowl painted on his face. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm peachy." Hyukjae snapped while pressing the buttons on the remote quite harshly. Yesung came to sit next to Ryeowook and Hyukjae's eyes darkened. "You!" he pointed the remote at him. "What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" Yesung echoed surprised. "Uh, I'm-I'm a barista at Mouse Rabbit cafe."

Hyukjae scoffed and turned back on the TV. "Is that your day job or your sideline?"

"Hyung!" Ryeowook yelled offended on Yesung's behalf. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Ignore him, Ryeowook-ah." Kyuhyun said while coming in with a hot plate of his newly cooked food. "He's just bitter because the guy that he met through that company you referred me to turned out...different than he originally thought."

"Different?" Ryeowook asked confused.

"Who did he go with?" Yesung inquired curiously. 

"Donghae." Kyuhyun answered.

"Don't say his name!" Hyukjae snapped then angrily changed the channel again. 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and went back to the kitchen to get some plates and chopsticks so they could start eating. Ryeowook took a nibble of what Kyuhyun just made while Yesung blinked his eyes at the mention of Donghae's name. 

"Donghae went with you?" Yesung ignored the growl Hyukjae did at the mention of he-who-must-not-be-named and scratched the side of his head a little in confusion. "Donghae hasn't been with the company for a while. Jihee Noona probably pulled some special string to have him go out with you."

Hyukjae's brows were still crossed from annoyance but he was curious enough to ask what Yesung meant. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, before Donghae had to take over his family's company he would help out Jihee Noona with her companion company." Yesung explained thoughtfully. "He's the reason why her company became so successful. I mean, it helped that he was handsome but he was also really good with people."

Hyukjae scoffed at that last part. "Yeah. At manipulating them."

Yesung opened his mouth to rebut that statement but Kyuhyun's voice was louder. 

"Alright! Time to taste my new experiment!" He started handing each one of them their own plates but when it came to Hyukjae, the latter just turned off the TV and stood up from the couch. "Yah, are you not going to eat?"

"I'm not hungry." Hyukjae mumbled then disappeared in his bedroom. 

Kyuhyun stared after him for a few seconds before shaking his head disappointedly. He turned his attention back on Ryeowook and Yesung and served them their plate one by one. 

"Is he going to be okay?" Ryeowook asked worriedly. 

"Yeah, he'll be fine. Just give him a day and he'll get over it."

"Are you sure? He seemed really upset."

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and started to take a bite out of his cooking. 

"What happened with him and Donghae anyway?" Yesung questioned after swallowing his food down. "I mean I haven't spoken to him in a while but Donghae's a really nice dude. He's a little weird sometimes but...I've never seen a client get so angry at him."

"All I know is that he was prince charming one day then public enemy number one the next." Kyuhyun sighed then glanced worriedly at Hyukjae's closed door. "I think he just really liked the dude. I was rooting for them too." Kyuhyun lightly shook his head in regret. "If only he hadn't lied to him then they probably would've been married by next week."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Donghae entered his apartment feeling completely dejected. After the whole fire debacle and giving Yoohwan the instructions on how to clear everyone back in the building, he wasn't able to find Hyukjae again. He went to check him on his floor but all he saw was Kangin and Leeteuk inside his cousin's office packing it up for the day. Apparently, Leeteuk had chosen to give the rest of them the day off to recuperate specially since he and Shindong inhaled quite a handful of smoke, and even though he was greatly disappointed he understood it. 

He pulled out his phone and was about to give Hyukjae a call when he heard muffled voices in his kitchen of some very familiar people. Frowning at his intruders, Donghae went in to confirm his suspicions. 

"Oh, I wish I could have seen the two of them together though."

"Auntie, how do you even know he's a good match for him?"

"Oh, honey. You feel these things, and if you were me, you'd just know."

"I'd be more convinced if you could give me something more than just your feeling."

"What are you two doing here?" Donghae interrupted their conversation as soon as he walked in. 

Jihee turned from where she was seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter