The Eyes and Ears

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay, so since I did leave a pretty huge cliff hanger I decided to make this quick update since a lot of you asked for it XD Also, I thought I'd take the liberty and explain how Donghae was able to get everybody on board and the situation with the security guard since I guess it might have been presented worse wh just Donghae's imagination at play so here's a little explanation of what really happened. It might help if you refresh your memory by reading "The Office" since it'll start from there and then will continue on to what happened in "The Chatroom" ^_^

Earlier...

Donghae entered his office pissed that a simple security patdown could have him so riled up. He ignored the usual warm greeting his secretary gave him and went straight towards his desk to take care of the matter. The first thing he did was pick up the phone and called the head of his building's security. 

"Hello. Security Department."

"Yoohwan hyung," Donghae greeted too anxiously that the other person on the line could feel his distress. "I have a problem with our secuirty downstairs. Don't you think that patting down employees is a little too much?"

"W-What?"

"They already go through the body scan, xrays, and the metal detector. Let's change the protocol on that." Donghae supplied too quickly that Yoohwan had a hard time keeping up with what he was trying to say.

"Uhh...Donghae, what's going on?" Yoohwan asked not sure where the sudden request is coming from. "Look, I can't just change protocol like that. There are steps in place.Besides, we have those procedures in place so that we don't have a repeat of the 2003 incident."

Donghae rolled his eyes at the mention of said event. "Okay, yeah, but-...that was so long ago. I don't think any of our employees would come in with a home made shiv and start stabbing people."

"Your father didn't think so either and yet that was a huge scandal to have and the settlement the company had to make was no joke either."

Donghae sighed and rubbed the sides of his temple. "Well, we need to figure out a different way to handle it."

"What is this really about, Donghae?" Yoohwan addressed directly worried that one of his employees might have messed up for the latter to be reacting this way. 

"It's just- how well do you know your employees hyung?" 

"Well, I have five assigned at the entrance and three on the lot then about...maybe six or so that does the executive floors." Yoohwan answered thoughtfully. "Why?"

"So you know who the tall one is at the main lobby then? The one with the baby face."

"Hmm...you could be talking about Sehun. Why? What about him?" Yoohwan asked curiously. "He was one of my best trainees. Follows protocol to the 'T' and never had any problems with him."

"Yeah, except when he gets handsy," Donghae grumbled. 

"What?"

"Nothing!" Donghae answered quickly then saw Leeteuk approach inside his office and decided to end the call for now. "Anyway, can you send him up to my office. I need to have a word with him."

"Did he do something wrong? Donghae, let me handle it if I need to-"

"No, no. Hyung, don't worry about it. It's nothing like that." Donghae assured hearing his already stressed out voice. "I just want to talk with him."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Just have him come up here at 9 then I'll take care of the rest."

"...okay."

Donghae smiled satisfied for now and hung up the phone. Leeteuk walked in his office just in time to see him grinning from ear to ear like an idiot. 

"That sounds serious," Leeteuk commented and Donghae felt his mood change as he got himself ready for a different conversation with his cousin. "Is somebody in trouble?"

Donghae shrugged his shoulders and tried to forget the events from this morning out of his mind as he figured out the right approach on the subject of Hyukjae. 

"Just had an issue with security this morning so I had to make some arrangements."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After his talk with Leeteuk, Sehun arrived in his office very nervously 15 minutes later. Donghae looked up and his eyes immediately darkened a little at the memory of his hands on Hyukjae but then controlled himself and managed to muster up a smile while asking him to take a seat on the chair opposite of him. 

"Um...sir? Did I do something wrong?" Sehun asked as he watched Donghae stand up from his chair and go around his desk to stand in front of him. He gulped and waited with wide eyes to hear what he was going to say. 

"How long have you been working with us, Sehun-ah?"

"Uhh..pr-probably almost...six-six months?"

Donghae puckered his lower lip and nodded his head. "So, you've been with us for quite some time."

"Y-Yes, sir. I guess so."

Donghae then looked directly into his eyes and smiled in satisfaction when he saw his body tense up. "Do you like working here?"

"Sir?"

"Do you like your job here with us?"

"Um, I suppose so." Sehun answered uncertainly. "It-It pays well..."

"I've been looking at your resume, Sehun, and I must say," Donghae opened a thin folder where Sehyun supposed was his file. "It's not a background of what a regular security guard would have. It says here you graduated with a computer science degree."

"Y-Yes, sir. That's correct." 

Donghae swiftly shut the folder up then looked bac up at him. "Would you be against the idea if I were to transfer you somewhere else?"

Sehun blinked in surprise. Completely taken aback by the sudden offer. "Sir? What-"

"I'm trying to go undercover you see," Donghae explained and walked back to his chair so that they could have a better and more comfortable space for conversation. "And I noticed a certain name on your employee file that referred you to our company."

"H-Hyukkie hyung?" Sehun asked, the nickname he had for the latter naturally slipping out of his tongue. Donghae was able to pretend it didn't bother him and produced a very awkward tight lipped smile on his face. 

"Yeah, him." Donghae confirmed before going on with the details of his proposed job. "I want to transfer you into our I.T. department monitor his computer activity at work. I'm conducting a personal audit to all departments today and I need to make sure no one accidentally spills my name to him."

Sehun shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Hyukjae was his friend from childhood and the latter was nice enough to help him get a job at the company so it felt incredibly wrong for him to spy on his work even if the person requesting it was the CEO of their company. 

"Um..may-may I ask why you want to spy on him?"

"I'm not spying on him," Donghae denied. "I'm...just keeping an eye on him to protect him."

Sehun's eyes furrowed not quite believing him when his eyes wandered down on Donghae's name plaque and something clicked in his head. He blinked several types before slowly asking the question in his head. "A-Are you...the same Donghae that Hyukjae hyung brought to Sungmin hyung's wedding?"

Although Donghae was surprised the Sehun knew about that, he couldn't help but feel a small sense of pride at the fact that Sehun knows about that. It could only mean that he left enough impression around Hyukjae's family to have them talking about him to others. 

"As a matter of fact, yes, but - and I'm not proud of this fact - he doesn't know what I do for a living yet."

"But...you're the company CEO..." Sehun stated the obvious. "How could he not know he's working for you?"

Donghae opened his mouth to explain but then realized that there really wasn't anything he could say that would paint either one of them in a good light. So, instead, he said, "Well, it's complicated." Donghae disregarded Sehun's confused face and just went back on the original matter of the reason why he requested for him. "Anyways, what do you say? Of course, you can consider this a promotion. There would be a 10% raise in your salary and the only person you'd have to answer to is me."

Sehun took a minute to think about it in his head. Although he was still not comfortable with the idea that his new job practically entails that he'd be spying on Hyukjae, somehow the fact that it's for Donghae seems to ease the moral dilemma of it. He's heard a lot of great things about him and from what he heard from his sister who went to the wedding, the two of them had a real chemistry going. He could only wish now that he had witnessed it himself if he wasn't required to work on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter