2 - The Wedding

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who are you bringing, Hyukjae?" Sungmin asked over the phone. "Are you sure you got someone to come with you? I don't want to see Kyuhyun in your arm, okay? I want you to bring a real date."

Hyukjae sighed at Sungmin checking up on him for the millionth time. The wedding was tomorrow and Sungmin has asked him about his date for the 50th time which only added to the pressure he already felt. 

"Yes, hyung. I have someone."

"What's his name?"

"I already told you," Hyukjae replied slightly annoyed. "His name is Donghae and you'll see him tomorrow at the wedding."

"Okay, okay."

"Stop worrying about me, Hyung and focus on yourself." Hyukjae teased when he heard the nervousness in Sungmin's voice. "You're not getting cold feet, are you?"

"Of course not. I'm just- I'm just nervous. Tomorrow's the big day!" followed by a jittery laugh. 

Hyukjae smiled on the phone as he pictured Sungmin chewing on his fingernails due to his own nerves. "Relax. I'm sure she won't leave you hanging in the aisle like that."

"Gee, thanks, Hyuk." Sungmin responded dryly. "Thank you for putting that in air."

"Get some sleep, Hyung. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. Make sure you bring Donghae with you!" 

That was the last thing Hyukjae heard from Sungmin before he ended the call. Hyukjae heaved a heavy sigh and ended up scrolling back to the message Jihee sent him two days ago.

Fr: Jihee Noona

He agreed! Donghae will meet you at the wedding venue. ;) Make sure you wear the navy blue suit and wear the white chrysanthemum so he knows how to find you. Good luck! Fighting!!

Hyukjae has not received anything from her after that. Not a picture or even a phone number to contact him with. It was all very unsettling since he feels like this might all be some trick that Kyuhyun had set up for him. He wouldn't put it pass his roommate to host such an elaborate scheme just to get a laugh. Specially when he's bored...Hyukjae's mind started to play tricks on him and as each ridiculous scenario in his head made more sense by the second, he ended up getting out of bed and banging against Kyuhyun's door. The latter groaned disapprovingly at getting woken up and opened it with his usual grouchy greeting. 

"The house better be on ing fire otherwise I'm going to kick your for waking me up!"

"Kyu, you're not setting me up, are you?" Hyukjae asked accusingly completely baffling the other. 

"What?"

"The agency!" Hyukjae clarified looking more paranoid than before. "It's not some prank you made?"

Kyuhyun glowered at Hyukjae, obviously not amused at getting woken up for such a stupid reason so instead of answering him he just shut the door on his face. Hyukjae called his name a couple more times but Kyuhyun promptly ignored him. Cursing his luck, Hyukjae stalked back to his bedroom, a little pissed and a little anxious for tomorrow. Getting stood up by a stranger on his cousin's wedding day was really not something he was looking forward to experiencing. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Hyukjae stood right outside the church with his navy blue suit pressed neatly and the white chrysanthemum flower placed in his front pocket. The guests were starting to go inside to find proper seats for the ceremony. Only the groomsmen, bridesmaid, and other people to partake in walking down the aisle remained outside. Sungmin placed a hand on Hyukjae's shoulder, startling him out of his nervous waiting. 

"Hyuk? Are you okay?" Sungmin asked worriedly. "Why do you look more worried than I am?"

"Oh, uhm uhhh...I was-I was just waiting for someone."

"Your date?"

Hyukjae opened his mouth to deny his hunch but when Sungmin gave him that knowing look, he ended up looking down on the ground and nodding his head slowly. Sungmin sighed sympathtically and simply gave him a comforting pat on the back. 

"Don't worry about it, Hyuk. It's okay." Sungmin comforted thinking that Hyukjae was upset at getting stood up. "Come on, let's go inside. I don't want my own wedding to start late."

Hyukjae smiled lightly at him and placed his arms around Sungmin's shoulders. "Okay."

"This might actually be a blessing in disguise," Sungmin commented on their way up. "Now I can introduce you to Jackson!"

"Jack-who?" Hyukjae sounded skeptical and on their way up the aisle, Sungmin pointed him out through the crowd. He had his hair styled and was wearing a formal black suit and tie. He was obviously tall and judging from his build, works out quite a lot. Some of the girls around him were already giving side glances his way and Hyukjae can't deny that he was handsome.

He just wasn't his type. 

The ceremony started with Hyukjae's supposed date not showing up. He sighed and cursed Kyuhyun in his head and made a mental note to nag him to death when he gets home. Ignoring the embarrassing feeling of getting stood up by a stranger (that he paid for) he decided to just focus his attention on the wedding for the time being and smiled with excitement as soon as the doors opened and he saw the bride. Sungmin's face glowed with happiness as soon as they played the piano version of his song and when Saeun reached her hand out to him, he was more than happy to take it as they both stood in front of everyone to share their promise to spend the rest of their life together. 

It was a short wedding ceremony but one filled with much emotion. Sungmin was Hyukjae's closest cousin and they always treated each other like brothers. He was the first one to cheer for them after they said their "I do's" and the first one to stand and clap in congratulatory for them after sharing their first kiss. The wedding bells rang and filled the church with glee as Sungmin and Saeun both ran out together as husband and wife. Hyukjae was laughing along with the other groomsmen as he walked down the aisle to go see Sungmin and his new wife off before they head to the reception area when Seungi pulled him in for a headlock. 

"Agh! H-Hyung, what are you-"

"So, Hyukjae, I heard you finally brought a date to one of these things," he teased after ruffling Hyukjae's hair. "Where's the lucky guy?"

"He's not here." Hyukjae mumbled while fussing over his messed up hair.

"Ohh," Seungi made a sound of understanding while he made his own conclusions. "Was that like one of those things you said to get people off your back?"

"What-No!" Even though technically the answer was yes. "I really did have someone...he just didn't show up."

Seungi made another "ohh" sound but this time he sounded more disappointed. "So you got someone and they stood you up? Man, that's cold. Maybe after they saw your face they decided they didn't want to date you afterall."

"Aish-yah!" Hyukjae hit Seungi's arm and glared hard at him after he walked away laughing. It wasn't long before he was joined by his other cousins...who were more on the annoying side. 

"Hyukkie oppa! We're so excited to meet your date!" Hyoyeon squealed. 

"Yeah, we were all surprised when we heard you were gonna bring someone," Yoona added. "We told everyone we'd believe it when we see it." Then she looked around eagerly trying to see who Hyukjae had brought with him. "So where is he?"

Hyukjae sighed, a little irked that him bringing a date to Sungmin's wedding was a much bigger deal than the actual wedding itself. It was unfair how life could be so cruel to him. He tried to ignore their question and walked outside just in time to see Sungmin and Saeun entering their car to drive off towards the reception. Yoona and Hyoyeon had both taken an arm each, while still looking around the dispersed guests for Hyukjae's date. 

"Stop looking around," Hyukjae scolded. "You're not gonna find him."

"Oh?" They both blinked. 

"He didn't show, okay." Hyukjae informed bitterly and got even more upset when they both looked at him with those sad, pitiful eyes as they patted his head like a dog. 

"It's okay, oppa." Yoona comforted. "I'm sure you'll find someone someday." 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes at her sympathy voice and it didn't help that Hyoyeon was leaning her head on his shoulder as though somebody had just died. It was such an exaggeration on their part and exactly the reason why he hates coming to family events. There wasn't much he could do either when the two dragged him off to ride with them to the reception. All the while having to listen about how men aren't all that and that the person who had stood him up had more to lose than he did. He had to bite his tongue at that because he's not so sure the 50,000 won he dropped for the guy who stood him up would be refundable. He cursed in his head and made sure to give Jihee a call later about a refund...or at least a partial one. 

The reception was themed white and pink with flowers placed everywhere and neatly dressed waiters already serving wine. Hyukjae tried to stay away from meeting any more relatives because he wasn't sure who had spread the news about his "date" but it seems that's all his family members cared about. After telling the fifth person that he does not have a date, Hyukjae ended up hanging out by the bar to see how early he could get himself drunk enough to use as his excuse to leave. 

He was in the middle of finishing his second glass when he saw a bunch of his cousins and other guests gathered by the entrance whispering amongst themselves excitedly with an awed and excited expression on their faces. He tsked not at all curious to see what the fuss was all about and finished the rest of his drink. That was until he saw someone standing next to him. Hyukjae turned to see who it was, his speech about getting stood up already ready and set to go, when he realized that he had no idea who the handsome man in front of him was. He blinked his eyes at him then felt his mouth go dry at the mere sight of him. 

"Hello," he heard him say but Hyukjae was still too awe struck to say anything back. 

The man literally looked like he had just walked out of a magazine and straight into his life. His face was perfect and the way he smiled at him was angelic. Hyukjae wasn't sure what he wanted but he's pretty sure he'd be willing to do whatever he asked. 

"I'm sorry I'm late. I had some unexpected business to take care of and I forgot I was supposed to come here." Then he lean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter