The Chatroom

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae was typing anxiously on his computer trying to finish the report that Leeteuk tasked him to do but the endless amount of messages he keeps getting through the company group chat in his skype account was very distracting. Finally giving in to his curiosity, Hyukjae did a quick look around to make sure that no one was around him before clicking on the groupchat. 

uknow_Jung: ! That was brutal

KibumKim91: just passed our floor...

Lee-TM: he looks scary...

Lee-TM: but also really HOT!

MinhoChoi: Taemin get back to work!

Lee-TM: But YOU'RE waay cuter

KibumKim91: Keep it in your pants, Taemin...better yet - keep it out of the chat!

Kwanghee: I thought I was gonna get fired T-T

DongjunLee: Do your work properly next time

Kwanghee: I did! YOU !

DonjunLee: This is going straight to HR

Shin_Dong: Wait? You guys got audited?

KibumKim91: Yeah

Lee-TM: did you not read the memo???? O_o

MinhoChoi: oooohhhhh

MinhoChoi: Leeteuk hyung would kill you guys

HyukLee: Leeteuk hyung said it got canceled...

Shin_Dong: Yeah. No one came on our floor. 

Lee-TM: WHAT!?? Luckyyy~~

KibumKim91: Taemin-ah, you should really practice a more professional way to talk to people

Lee-TM: I'm plenty professional!

MinhoChoi: No, you're not. 

Hyukjae snickered and typed in a response of his own completely engaged in the group chat that he didn't notice that someone has been behind him for the past three minutes watching him in amusement. 

"So, this is what the marketing department's been up to, huh."

Hyukjae jumped in his seat and swiveled around in a hurry as though he'd just been caught doing a heinous crime. His eyes widened in shock seeing Donghae just casually leaning against the frame of his cubicle, smiling down on him like a prince. He was wearing glasses this time and Hyukjae couldn't help but feel more attracted to him than before...but that was something he could ponder on later. Right now, his mind was more focused on trying to figure out what the latter was doing in the building, leaning on the frame of his cubicle and smiling down on him like he was meant to be there.

"Do-Donghae! Why-Why are you...What are you doing here?"

Donghae smiled and pushed himself off the frame to get a better look at Hyukjae. "I work here," he casually said then neatly placed two white envelopes on his desk. "I saw your name on these two letters and I just wanted to make sure it was you."

Hyukjae looked at the envelope handed to him and let out a soft, "oh," before looking back at Donghae while rubbing his arms to cover the flusteredness he felt inside. "Th-Thank you."

"You're welcome." Donghae smiled then looked back on the screen where the chat was still going non-stop. "Are you in a meeting or something? Your chat is going crazy."

Hyukjae gasped and remembered the ongoing group chat he was on and immediately exited out of it. He sheepishly looked back on Donghae and let out a nervous laugh. "Oh, that's nothing. It-It was just um...it's just nonsense."

Donghae laughed fondly seeing Hyukjae embarrassed and wanted nothing more than to pinch his cheeks and maybe give him a kiss on said cheeks if he knew he could get away with it. He was about to ask if he could too if it wasn't for Leeteuk coming out of his office looking like the intimidating boss he could be. 

"Hyukjae, I need the Sweden CSR (customer service response) report on my desk ASAP."

Hyukjae blinked and gave him a confused look. "Shindong hyung handles the survey. I don't even have access to any of our European accounts."

"Then go work on it with him." Leeteuk snapped then placed a hand on Donghae's collar and dragged him towards his office. Donghae flinched a little but still manage to wave  goodbye at Hyukjae while he was forced to walk backwards, completely missing the sweatdropped and worried look the latter sent his way. Leeteuk didn't care about any of that though as he lightly pushed Donghae inside his office and closed the door and blinds after him. 

"Hyung! That's not cool," Donghae whined while taking Leeteuk's office chair for himself. "Why would you me like that?"

Leeteuk narrowed his eyes at what Donghae just said and pulled him out of his chair. 

"First of all, this is a place of business so do try to act accordingly. I'm the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) of the company and I can't have one of my staff playing nooky with the company CEO." He nagged then put up two fingers in the air as he continued. "Second, Hyukjae's not an idiot. He knows mailroom clerks are not allowed on this floor so you just totally blew your cover. That's what we have the office floor assistants for. We literally pay them to pick up our mail for us." 

Donghae opened his mouth to argue but Leeteuk cut him off by shoving three fingers in front of his face. 

"And third! Your assistant's been looking all over the place for you since you just missed the stock meeting we were supposed to have with the shareholders thirty minutes ago. I had to cover up for your and make up a story about some emergency which I now greatly regret now that I find you here on my floor flirting with one of my workers."

Donghae pouted at getting treated like a child but also because Leeteuk kept spouting really good points at him. It really wasn't like there was anything he could say to refute his words. 

"It's not like the meeting was that important." Donghae grumbled under his breath but Leeteuk heard him loud and clear. 

"What's going on with you? I've never seen you so...distracted before." Leeteuk commented a little worried. 

Donghae would be lying if he said he didn't feel different but as far as he could tell, it didn't feel like it was a bad different either. He looked at Leeteuk and showed him a tight lipped smile before walking towards the door. 

"I'm okay, Hyung." Donghae placed his hand on the door knob and stopped right by the door just so he could peer through the sides of Leeteuk's blinds just enough to see Hyukjae glancing towards Leeteuk's office with a worried look on his face. He grinned and found it incredibly adorable. "I think I just found the thing I've been missing all this time." 

"Donghae-"

"I'll talk to you later, hyung!" Donghae cheekily bid goodbye then walked out the door grinning from ear to ear as he met Hyukjae's gaze. 

"Are you in trouble? What did Leeteuk hyung say?" Hyukjae asked.

"Oh, nah. Don't worry about it," Donghae disregarded and placed his hand around Hyukjae's arm and walked him back to his desk even though it was less than six feet away. "He just asked a favor from me."

"Favor?" Hyukjae sounded confused because what kind of favor could Leeteuk ask from Donghae?...And what was his job in the company anyway? "Donghae, what are you-"

"Sorry, Hyukkie. I gotta go." Donghae squeezed Hyukjae's shoulder and refrained himself from kissing him as he looked back towards Leeteuk and did a short wave of goodbye when he saw him looking at him through his office window. "Can we have lunch together later?"

"Uhh...I-I guess." Hyukjae agreed half-heartedly. "But Donghae, what are you-"

"Okay, great! I'll see you later then. Bye!"

Hyukjae could only watch after him as Donghae rushed out of their office and back to whatever floor he may be in. He frowned in puzzlement as he would have recalled meeting Donghae before or at least seen him around the floor. There was only a handful of people who's allowed to be on the executive floors and he's pretty sure he's met everybody.

Craning his head a bit on the side, Hyukjae thought he should just go on the group chat and ask if any of them have met Donghae before. 

HyukLee: Hey, guys. Quick question - have any of you met a Lee Donghae before?

MinhoChoi: Of course.

Lee-TM: Well, duh

uknow_Jung: Are you serious? 

Shin_Dong: who's that?

HyukLee: What department is he in? How come I've never seen him before?

Hyukjae waited a couple minutes to see who would reply but after five minutes of silence, he started to type again. 

HyukLee: Guys? Hellooo~?

uknow_Jung has signed out

Lee-TM has signed out

KibumKim91 has signed out

Kwanghee has signed out 

Dongjun Lee has signed out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter