The Great Kim Heechul

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk walked inside Heechul's office with a scowl on his face. 

"Good morning, Teuk." He said without looking up from the sample of fabrics in front of him. "What can I do for you at this ungodly hour?"

"Why are you requesting for Hyukjae?" Leeteuk asked him straighton, obviously upset. 

Heechul sighed and paused what he was doing to give Leeteuk a bored look. "Kangin told you?"

Leeteuk didn't have time to answer and was interrupted by a soft knock at the door. They both turned and saw Hyukjae standing there looking at the both of them awkwardly. 

"Uhh...you called for me?" He asked Heechul but his eyes were on Leeteuk, silently asking him if he knew the reason for his sudden summons.

"Yes, I did." Heechul closed his book up and stood up from his chair. "Leeteuk, if you don't mind." He pointed towards the door and ignored the scowl on Leeteuk's face. "This is a private conversation between Lee Hyukjae-ssi and I."

Hyukjae gulped hearing such a strict and professional tone from Heechul and thought about anything and everything that he could have done to be summoned in his presence. Leeteuk tried to argue with Heechul but the other had simply grabbed his arm and escorted him out his office. Hyukjae's never seen anyone treat his boss that way before and when Heechul shut the door in front of Leeteuk's voice, a cold chill ran down his spine as he gulped quietly now that Heechul's round eyes were staring at him. 

"So," Heechul started calmly and after letting out a relaxed exhale, grinned at Hyukjae and his once serious demeanor immediately changed into a playful one that had Hyukje's guard up even more. "You're Hyukjae. The fella that my brother's head over heels for."

Hyukjae blushed at the way Heechul referred to him and immediately looked down on the floor to not show how shy he was feeling at being referred to as the "fella Donghae's head over heels for." He didn't give Heechul any form of confirmation but neither did Hyukjae deny it as truth so Heechul smirked, satisfied with what he's got from for now and walked towards his desk and leaned back on it with his palms on the table as he further analyzed Hyukjae's reaction in front of him. 

"Do you know who I am, Hyukjae?" Heechul asked. 

"Y-Yes." Hyukjae answered without looking up. 

"Who do you think I am?"

Hyukjae gulped hearing Heechul's intimidating voice and tried not to visibly cower. "Uhm...th-the CEO of L...LK products."

Heechul hummed and crossed his arms over his chest with his right leg over the other. "And?"

"And..." Hyukjae knew what Heechul wanted him to say and took a deep breathe before softly muttering, "and Lee Donghae-ssi's brother."

"That's right." Heechul confirmed gleefully. "I am his brother but I've also been his father, his mother, his bestfriend, and his guardian ever since he was 16 years old." His tone was light but Hyukjae could hear the true meaning behind his words. "I tend to pry and be overprotective of him at times as his hyung but this time I can tell that his feelings for you are different. It's rare for him to fall in love with someone and nearly impossible to fall in love he just met so suddenly." Heechul paused to check Hyukjae's reaction to what he just said and when he saw the way his body tensed and face blush, he tried to keep himself from gushing completely over knowing that his dongsaeng's feelings were very likely to be reciprocated. "You're not planning on breaking his heart, are you?"

At Heechul's question, Hyukjae's brain started reeling and he looked up at him wide eyed. "W-What?"

"Donghae's not a hard man to figure out, Hyukjae." Heechul informed the latter and as much as he wanted to welcome Hyukjae with open arms, he still needed to make sure that Donghae's fragile heart won't just be shattered because Hyukjae didn't have the guts to reject the other before he fell even more in love with him. "The things he does and the things he says are his genuine feeling. I know it's only been a week since you two met but...Donghae never second guesses himself."

"Wha-What...What are you saying?" Hyukjae's heart pumped twice as fast while his mind refused to accept Heechul's words for what they were. Why? Who knows. 

"I'm saying my brother's completely in love with you, Hyukjae." Heechul said without even batting an eye. "I just need to know if you intend to hurt him in the end."

Hyukjae blinked and gaped at Heechul. His mind a complete blank while his mouth made stuttering noises trying to find the words to say to the other. 

What kind of question was that?! 

"I'm-I'm not...I don't think..." Hyukjae stuttered because as much as he wants to tell the other that he's probably falling in love with Donghae, there was still something that was holding him back. Donghae came from an affluent background. He had a whole industry to match his big name while he...he was just an employee who got lucky to meet him because of his cousin's demand that he bring a date. They weren't even supposed to ever meet! How could he admit to himself that they were meant to fall in love?!

"Look, Hyukjae, I just need to know my brother's in safe hands." Heechul's mind reeled back to a heartbroken Donghae from years ago. His heart completely torn apart, sobbing his eyes out while doing anything and everything to distract himself from the pain. A self-destructive Donghae was a very hard sight and scenario to deal with. If he could avoid it now, he would. "Give the two of you chance. Don't overthink it and just...just be yourselves around each other. Stop pretending to be someone you're not because for whatever reason, Donghae chose you, so-...so just be Hyukjae and let him love you."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Donghae pouted to himself while staring at his computer screen. His earlier interaction with Hyukjae bothered him. He doesn't like to be called "Mr. Lee" by Hyukjae. He wants the two of them to be closer and if Hyukjae keeps putting his distance from him because of his position at work, Donghae was afraid that that might ultimately be the reason why Hyukjae won't give him a chance. He sighed and groaned into his hands trying to come up with a reason or a plan to make sure that he doesn't lose Hyukjae. 

A knock on the door had Donghae look up from his desk, the look of defeat very apparent on his face that his secretary briefly sent him a look of bewilderment. 

"Uhm...Donghae-ssi...is-is this a bad time?"

"No." Donghae scowled and fixed himself to sit upright, loosening up his tie a little to cool himself off before shifting his attention back on his computer.  "What is it?"

"Your Aunt is here."

"My aunt?...Aunt...Aunt Jihee?" Donghae sounded surprised before breaking into a wide grin because she's exactly who he needed right at this moment. "Let her in!"

Donghae got up from behind his desk and walked towards the door to make sure he welcomed her with a hug. A few seconds later and she emerged with the brightest smile on her face, her arms wide open ready to give the hug that Donghae was expecting from her. 

"Hae-Hae!" She greeted cheerily before enveloping him in one of her tight motherly hugs. "How's my baby boy doing?"

Donghae laughed and let her hug him a little longer than necessary. "I'm not a baby anymore, Auntie." He said before bringing her over to sit on the couch with him sitting right across from her. "What brings you here so early in the morning?"

"Well, I heard from a little birdie that you and Hyukjae went on a date recently." She teased obviously ready to hear all the details about it from Donghae. The latter blushed slightly then let out a soft chuckle seeing how interested she was on the subject. 

"Was that little birdie Heechul hyung?"

Jihee just giggled and made a zip motion across . "I can't reveal my sources to you."

Another knock at the door briefly caught their attention and the both of them both looked to see Donghae's secretary coming in with a tray of hot tea and light morning snack. They both waited for her to finish pouring them their tea before smiling and thanking her. Once she was gone, Jihee was the first one to reach for her cup and lightly blew on it before looking over it and staring at Donghae. The other sensed her eyes at him and chuckled. 

"What?" Donghae asked, obviously amused at her aunt's antics. "Can't you just tell me what you know already instead of me having to figure out this song and dance with you?"

Jihee chuckled and took a small sip of her tea. "Oh, but then where's the fun in that?"

"No fun." Donghae said with a playful grin. "Just straightforward answers because I do still have a company to run."

"You didn't look like you had much of a company when you ate that jajjangmyeon in Myeongdong."Jihee placed her cup down and very dramatically put a hand over her head as she pretended to faint. "Oh, the great Lee Donghae eating street food," then laughed at her own joke before shaking her head helplessly at him. "What did your brother say when you told him what you did?"

Donghae pouted and resisted the strong urge to roll his eyes at her dramatic portrayal. "Hyung, doesn't know."

Her laugh was almost instantaneous because of course Heechul doesn't know, otherwise he would have made a complete fuss over it and Donghae would be in the hospital spending the next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter