The Minor Details

Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Major flirting ahead

Hyukjae walked inside the bedroom and was completely amazed by how it was decorated. It definitely made him feel intimidated thinking this was the kind of environment Donghae was used to. The size of the room was the combined size of his and Kyuhyun's room together in their tiny apartment, maybe even a little bigger. The queen sized bed in the middle of the room was way too big for him to sleep alone in and it was littered by one too many pillows that Hyukjae found it a pity to sleep in it when it looked so nice as is.

Taking a deep breathe, Hyukjae reluctantly placed his bag down on top of the bed and walked towards the open door on right the side of the room and was surprised to see a walk in closet filled with clothes already. 

"Hyukjae! This place is amazing!" 

He heard Kyuhyun's faint screaming voice from outside and it made him automatically retreat. Hyukjae had to wonder who was using this apartment before and why did Donghae let him stay here. Kyuhyun walked inside the room with the silliest grin on his face. It was almost a perfect match to a child who was experiencing their first time in Disneyland. 

"Woah, Hyuk. You better not let Mr. Perfect walk out on you cause there's no way you're going to do any better than him."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes at Kyuhyun and threw one of his shirts from inside his bag at him. 

"Will you shut up. You make me sound like some sort-of gold digger."

Kyuhyun laughed and just wrapped Hyukjae's shirt around his hand. "I'm just saying. This place is amazing. My room smells like absolute heaven and I didn't even know a bed could be that soft! I thought I was floating on a cloud."

Hyukjae snickered and Kyuhyun's overexaggerated analogy and sat down at the base of his bed. 

"You sound like you want to marry him."

Kyuhyun smirked and threw Hyukjae's shirt back at him. "If you won't, I certainly would."

"Yah!" Hyukjae yelled after him but Kyuhyun just walked out of the room back to his own. "Aish, that brat." Hyukjae shook his head helplessly at his roommate. 

He heard his phone ring with a new text message and immediately smiled when he saw who it was. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

Hi :) I hope I'm not texting too late. 
Just wanted to know if you settled in okay?

Hyukjae chuckled quietly and typed in his response. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

No worries. Yeah, my roommate really likes the place. You might need to call the cops to get him to leave later. 

Hyukjae sent the message and almost immediately got a reply back. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

What about you? :(
You don't like it?...

Hyukjae's eyes widened and frantically typed his response.

To: Donghae (Wedding)

No! Of course I do! >.< 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip anxiously, pondering to himself whether or not he should add something else to it. He was just lucky that Donghae was a fast texter. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

Did you get the black and white room? 

Hyukjae blinked and looked around the room he was staying in. Now that he took a second look at it, there was an ongoing black and white theme in the room. Hyukjae had to wonder why that was important for Donghae. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

I think so...why? Does this room belong to somebody?

From: Donghae (Wedding)

Haha...it belongs to me ;)

Hyukjae blushed reading that to himself and felt chills run down his spine. Why does everything Donghae do affect him so much?

But Leeteuk hyung did design that so you know, feel free to wear one of the suits in the closet. 

Hyukjae looked to the walk in closet where he saw all those fancy clothes and shoes earlier and shook his head. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

That's too generous of you. I'm sure Leeteuk hyung wouldn't mind if I-

But before Hyukjae could even send his message, Donghae had already sent him another one. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

I'm sure you'd look great with one of the dark ones. 
I can't wait to see you tomorrow ^^

That pretty much left Hyukjae speechless. A small smile played around the sides of his lips and he deleted the entire message he was going to send earlier and changed it to something else. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

You're like an angel always bailing me out. 
Thank you, Donghae. 

A light fluttering feeling surge inside Hyukjae and even though he could feel heat spreading through his entire body, he didn't regret sending that message. Hyukjae got up from the bed and started digging through his duffel bag for some change of clothes when he heard his phone's notification again. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

You can't do that! 

Hyukjae chuckled and was a little confused what Donghae was talking about. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

Do what? Thank you?

Hyukjae threw the phone on the bed and quickly grabbed his clothes to change in the bathroom. The attached bathroom in his room was convenient and when he heard his phone ring, it almost made his heart jump as he hurried to put his favorite PJs on for the night and basically ran back to quickly check on his phone. The message he read had his heart running again and he wasn't so sure how he was gonna go to sleep tonight with that running in his head. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

Be cute and so close to me but I can't even see you...
You can't torture your angel like that. That's not nice

Hyukjae was smiling from ear to ear as he typed in his response. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

Oh no...we can't have that. What can I do to make you feel better?

From: Donghae (Wedding)

Is that an open offer? 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

Haha...whatever I can do to repay you

"Why the hell are you smiling so much?"

Hyukjae looked up from his phone and found Kyuhyun leaning against the door frame. He tsked and turned his body sideways before shifting his attention back on his phone. Kyuhyun's curiosity was peaked and sauntered his way in to spy on what has Hyukjae grinning so happily. 

From: Donghae (Wedding)

You can't take that back! :) 

"That's good, Hyuk. Take one for the team." Kyuhyun joked and gave him a congratulatory pat on the back. 

The other glared at him and shrugged his hands off his back. "Don't you have a cloud to sleep on in your room?"

Kyuhyun threw his head back with a laugh then dropped his body on Hyukjae's bed and took up a big part of it by spreading his arms and legs. 

"I don't know, Hyuk. Your bed feels pretty nice. Maybe I'll sleep here with you tonight."

"Yah," Hyukjae tried to push him off but only managed to lift him his left side a little. "I don't want you anywhere near me."

Kyuhyun faked a gasped and a hurt look on his face. "One date and a nice apartment later, and I've been replaced in your heart?"

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and was distracted away from Kyuhyun's annoying presence when his phone dinged with a new message. "Trust me. It takes a lot less to replace you in my heart."

From: Donghae (Wedding)

Will you go on a second date with me? I promise it'll be better this time :)

Hyukjae lightly shook his head at the message and chortled. 

To: Donghae (Wedding)

I liked our date. It was nice :)

Kyuhyun glanced at him s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter