Something Big

OMW 2: Fallin All In

MIMI.

 

"Wow. I didn't expect her to do that." Jiho was in awe, her hands cupping her own face as she rested her elbow on the table while listening to Mimi's narration on what happened the other night. 

 

"What do you expect her to be like? She's Yoo Shiah, the only person that drives Mimi crazy." Seunghee, who's busy with her phone spoke without looking at the two. She's right. Shiah definitely would always drive Mimi crazy. 

 

There were two notification beeps from Mimi's phone. It was Shiah. Mimi's lips instantly curved into a smile. Curious Jiho looked over her phone so Mimi immediately averted her phone screen away from the girl. Mimi walked Shiah to her first class this morning, she only had one class today so she's here staying with Jiho and Seunghee on their usual spot. Yubin was supposed to join them but the girl told them she'll be staying at the library. Back to Shiah's texts, Mimi's girlfriend asked her where she is.

 

C-Ah :pMii, we just got dismissed.

C-Ah :pWhere are you?

Mii : 2nd floor, our usual room. Should I fetch you?

sent.

 

"Hey don't fetch her! You're going to leave us here?" Jiho pouted, Seunghee removed the reading glasses she's wearing, which were actually Yubin's but she borrowed it or blackmailed Binnnie as Seunghee proudly boasted about earlier when she arrived at the room. 

 

Mimi stood up, placing her phone in her pocket, ready to leave even though Shiah still hasn't replied. 

 

"Go on, I'll take care of this kid." Seunghee even gestured 'thumbs up' at Mimi, then shooed her away as Jiho crossed her arms, "Buy me a milk on your way back here!" said the pouty girl. 

 

Mimi chuckled as she nodded, leaving her backpack in the room since she'll be back right away. She managed to memorize Shiah's schedules in the past months. They even enrolled together 2 months ago. Looking back, Mimi definitely learned a lot about Shiah. 

 

"Mimi!" A voice called when she's almost near Shiah's room. Mimi looked around, there were many students in the hallway, who could that be? 

 

"Hey!" Ah. A girl poked her shoulder from behind. It's been weeks since she last saw Kei. Mimi happened to enroll in a different class from Kei's this semester and they didn't get in touch. She's also busy with Shiah. If not, then on her majors. 

 

"How have you been?" Kei pulled her in a hug, Mimi awkwardly smiled. Her thoughts were really busy about Shiah waiting for her, or she might lose Shiah in the hallway. She felt her phone buzz, maybe it was Shiah so she took her phone out of her pocket.

 

Mimi was about to answer as she unlocks her phone, ready to say that she's fine but she's currently busy when someone clung to her arm. 

 

"I thought you got lost," Shiah spoke, Mimi saw her holding her books on her other arm. Mimi looked at Shiah, why does she look upset? Mimi opened , ready to speak and tell her girlfriend that she's actually on her way to her but was stopped when Kei greeted Shiah.

 

"Hi! We met again, I didn't know you're close to Mimi?" Cheerful as she always looks, Kei smiled at Shiah, Mimi then felt Shiah's fingers clinging to hers until their hands intertwined. Might sound cringy but Mimi felt her heartthrob when Shiah held her hand. 

 

"I'm her girlfriend," Shiah says without hesitating. Wow. What is this feeling? Mimi couldn't feel prouder. She's actually listening to Shiah claiming herself as 'Mimi's girlfriend'. What could be better than that?

 

Kei looked like she didn't see that coming. Mimi was a little disappointed at Kei's reaction, don't I look good as Shiah's lover? Mimi pouted a bit, I think I'm a good match with Shiah though. Maybe after a few seconds, Kei covered with those small hands, as if she's in awe. 

 

"Ohh really? You're so lucky." Mimi immediately smiled and finally gave attention to the girl across her when she heard Kei then nod. "Yes, I am so lucky," Mimi answers, with a hint of excitement in her tone. 

 

"Yeah, let's go." Shiah gave her books to Mimi and she gladly carried them for her. Mimi didn't get to say goodbye to her former classmate because Shiah already pulled her away. 

 

"I'm in the middle of telling her-" 

 

"She's not talking to you," Shiah says shortly, then sighed. Mimi was confused, what? She wanted to ask but they're already in front of the room where she left Seunghee and Jiho earlier. Mimi had to pull her hand off Shiah's for a while as she opens the door for her. Her other arm was busy carrying Shiah's books.

 

"I'm tired and hungry, let's not talk about her." Shiah says before walking toward their two friends.

 

"Here, Yooa unnie, I brought a lunchbox today. My grandma cooked for me." Jiho pulled Shiah next to her, Mimi then placed Shiah's books next to her backpack where Shiah also put her bag when she passed by earlier. Mimi soon joined the three, Seunghee also bought food for them while Mimi was fetching Shiah. 

 

Mimi sat next to Shiah. Shiah then started feeding her, Seunghee didn't mind the two as she said, it's only natural that they'll be like that, and there's Jiho always complaining about how sweet the couple is. 

 

"Mimi, you're the one driving tomorrow. Our lives depend on your hands." Seunghee says as if teasing Mimi again. Jiho chuckles before joining. 

 

"Are we going to use your car? Where Yooa unnie kissed you?" Mimi almost choked on her food. Seunghee burst out laughing at her with Jiho clapping at how embarrassed Mimi is. Shiah, who looked like she already expected that Jiho and Seunghee knew what happened the other night, patted Mimi's back. Shiah reached the water bottle across them and made Mimi drink. After calming down, Mimi cleared . 

 

"No! I won't let you two in my car ever." Mimi says, glaring at the two. 

 

Jiho and Seunghee though started acting, sulking at their finest, Mimi swore she wants to pull those pouting mouths off their faces. Shiah just giggled as she watched them. Mimi glanced at her girlfriend. She pulled her sleeve a bit against her palm as she wiped off the bits of sugar on the corner of Shiah's lips. Smiling, Shiah thanked her. 

 

Mimi then changed her expression, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked at Jiho and Seunghee who are still both pouting. "Stop pouting, you guys look like ducklings." 

 

"Hmp." Seunghee even crossed her arms. 

 

"Fine, next time. But for tomorrow, I borrowed my uncle's van, since we're eight and we can't fit in my car." Mimi explains, Seunghee and Shiah nodded, while Jiho remained confused.

 

"What? Why eight?" Jiho asks, finally back to eating. 

 

Mimi shrugged. Of course, she knew that another one will be coming with them because Yubin told her she'll bring someone but she doesn't know who was it so she just shrugged. 

 

Shiah drinks first before speaking, "It's Arin, Yubin's sister. Yubin told me she's coming with us tomorrow.".

 

Mimi heard about Yubin's sister from Shiah as well. Shiah once told her about the girl when Arin greeted them in the hallway months ago. The four of them continued talking, planning about what to do and what to bring. Hyojung and Hyejin had told them that they'll be buying ingredients for their food, that's why they weren't with them that afternoon. After an hour, Yubin came to pick up Jiho and Seunghee for their next class. So Mimi was finally left alone with her girlfriend.

 

"Are you sleepy?" Shiah asks when Mimi stretched out her arms. No.. Mimi was actually planning to rest her arm on Shiah's shoulder but the girl shifted from her seat and faced her. Mimi chuckles and shook her head. "Nope." 

 

"How's your class today?" Shiah asks again; resting her head on her left arm on the table, her free hand reached Mimi's.

 

Mimi smiles as she takes Shiah's hand, kissing her knuckles. "Super fine, feeling more motivated than ever, your girlfriend got a perfect score on today's surprise quiz." She says proudly before leaning her cheek on her palm with her elbow on the table so she could look at her girlfriend's pretty face closer.

 

Shiah chuckles as she closed her eyes. "Very good, you're doing well Mihyun." She says softly. You must be sleepy. Mimi takes their hands on the table, smiling at how Shiah's hand is so small compared to hers. "That's all? Where's my reward?" Shiah giggles as she looks at Mimi, the latter then removes her hand from Shiah and pulls the girl towards her. 

 

"I'll just take a nap and you can have your reward later," Shiah's voice was small, and sleepy, as she hugs Mimi from the side; Mimi then wrapped her arm around Shiah, letting the girl rest her head on her shoulder. She felt Shiah's right arm wrapped on her lower back, her right hand making its way to the pocket of Mimi's jeans, she locked Mimi in a hug as she took a nap. 

 

Mimi let her sleep, and pats her girlfriend's arm to soothe her; she knows Shiah stayed up late to study. She didn't mind how Shiah is clinging to her. This is something that other people would never know about Shiah. And Mimi is happy, feeling lucky as she could see this side of Shiah. The girl might look cold and snob, but she's soft and a baby for Mimi. 

 

--

 

"Yes mom.. we'll be coming back tomorrow, but I'll stay in my apartment. I'll study as soon as I go back here tomorrow." 

 

Sitting on her new couch, Mimi watched as her girlfriend walked back and forth in the middle of her room. Since Jiho left, Mimi had the room for herself. Jiho's former bed is now gone. Mimi's parents came by the other day to help her fix things as she's solo in the room now. They replaced Jiho's former bed with a closet, they also bought a new bed for Mimi, she used to have a bunk bed. Her room now looks like a home for herself, it looks like it's gotten a little wider and more comfortable. Now, back to Shiah who's on a phone call with her mom, nervousness can be seen on her face as she asks for her mom's permission. 

 

They talked about it already, Mimi checked it the other day and Shiah said she already talked to her mom but now, just a few hours before their group's meeting up time, Shiah's still dealing with her mom. Which Mimi couldn't understand, is it too hard to let your daughter spend a day rest? Shiah has been studying all the time and Mimi can see it, she hopes Shiah's parents would appreciate her efforts. 

 

Shiah stopped walking, Mimi heard her saying goodbye to her mom before ending the call. She looked at Mimi and sighed. 

 

"What did she say?" Mimi asks, Shiah just shake her head and smiled as she sat next to Mimi. You don't look fine, why are you smiling? 

 

"Should we go now? You said we'll have to pick up your uncle's van first." Oh right, Mimi almost forgot. But before standing up and getting herself ready to go, she kissed her girlfriend's forehead, wishing that she could at least remove the worries in her head so she could enjoy their trip. Shiah smiled and hugged her. The two were silently affectionate towards each other but Mimi hopes Shiah would really be fine.

 

They picked up their things, Mimi only brought her backpack, and a box of kits, Hyejin asked her to bring a first aid kit, just in case anything happens. The two didn't bring much, just their clothes. Seunghee and Yubin already texted them, saying they're on their way. So the couple made their way to Mimi's uncle, they didn't use Mimi's car, her uncle insisted that they'll just meet outside her university, near the gate. 

 

"Is this Shiah?" Her uncle asks as soon as he hopped off the van. With a handshake, Shiah introduced herself. Mimi, who was busy placing their bags in the car, stood next to Shiah who only introduced herself as a friend.

 

"Hehe, I got lucky, uncle." Mimi says as she wrapped her arm around Shiah's shoulder. 

 

"I see that, she's really pretty as you said. Take care, Mihyun, oh? Drive responsibly and bring this back to me without a scratch. Understood?" Mimi salutes at her uncle, the elder patted her head and excused himself soon. Mimi chuckles as she looks at her now pouting girlfriend. 

 

"Why are you pouting, hm?" Mimi opened the door to the passenger's seat for the other girl.

 

"Does he know?" Shiah asks when Mimi started driving. Mimi hummed, nodding without hesitation. She did, even her parents back home knows about Shiah, she told them about her when she started courting Shiah before. They even supported Mimi, but of course, they told her that she shouldn't get distracted because of the girl or else, they'll have to ask her to stop dating. Mimi's parents have always been good to her and of course, they like what Mimi likes. And Mimi likes, Shiah, no, she loves her. 

 

"I want to meet them soon.. they must be so nice, unlike my parents." There was bitterness in Shiah's voice. Mimi understands and just smiles it off, she took Shiah's hand using her free hand. "I'll let you meet them soon, okay?" Shiah nodded, smiling back at her. Mimi then focused on the road, she felt the girl holding her hand tighter. 

 

Soon, they reached the mall where they agreed to meet with the others. Yubin and Arin were there already when they arrived. Shiah, being the closest to the two accompanied them.

 

"She'll be fine, right?" Mimi heard Shiah talking to Yubin. She didn't know what the two are talking about but they're looking at Arin who was sitting alone in the van.

 

"She will, I have to make some progress on her social skills for 24 hours, or else, Mom would kill me," Yubin says, chuckling along with Shiah. 

 

Mimi just waited on the bench near the van, Shiah soon joined her when Yubin excused herself, taking her mom's phone call. The girl was busy texting the others and so she just let her. Mimi had many thoughts, about what would happen to her and Shiah soon. She's suddenly feeling nervous because of Shiah's parents. They seem to be like those people you couldn't easily approach.. just like how Shiah was before. 

 

Soon, Seunghee arrived, Hyejin and Hyojung followed after her. Hyejin's father dropped them off. Seunghee went straight into the van, saying she'll have to get herself comfortable inside since they'll be sitting there for hours.

 

"When is Jiho coming, Mimi?" Hyojung asks, Mimi looked around. Right.. where the hell is Kim Jiho? Just when Mimi was about to ring Jiho's phone, the girl arrived, her hair still wet. 

 

"Wow, didn't know you take baths." Mimi teased, Jiho hit her stomach playfully and chuckled. "Shut up, I accidentally fell asleep earlier." 

 

"You can get in the van if you wanna sleep more. We'll get going at exactly 4," Mimi says as she shoo-ed Jiho away, Shiah takes her hand and wraps Mimi's arm on her shoulder as she took a photo of them. Mimi smiled, posing at the camera.

 

Shiah really likes taking photos, there even is a photo album of Mimi in her gallery. Most of the photos are them together and some are Mimi's stolen photos when she's writing or busy with her plates, and such. Mimi looked good though wasn't ready, meanwhile, Shiah's photos in Mimi's were all the sleeping Shiah moments. Which Shiah still doesn't know about, and Mimi's planning to keep it a secret, she'll use it as a birthday present next year. 

 

Soon, they got on the van one by one, Mimi checked everyone first before starting the engine. Shiah sat on the passenger's seat, busy with her phone again. Mimi wonders what Shiah was doing, she hasn't even buckled her seatbelt yet. 

 

"Hey, we're going now," Mimi says, leaning over her girlfriend to set her seatbelt on. Safety first, as always.

 

Shiah smiled at her, "I'm gonna be the DJ for this joyride!" the girl exclaimed as she played a song after connecting her phone to the car's speaker. 

 

The joyride then continued, Shiah has a good taste in music, she likes a lot of genres, and knows which best suits the event. The rest of the ride went on with Seunghee hosting mini-games for them; using the snacks as the prize. Seunghee is a good entertainer, even Arin who wasn't that close to everyone got to vibe in with them because of her. One thing Mimi noticed is that Jiho is not as hyped up as she usually is, but she can't figure out why. She's only sure that it wasn't because of home because she wouldn't be here if it is. Never mind, I'll just ask her later.

 

"Want some?" Shiah opened a chocolate bar she got from Seunghee. Mimi nodded and opened , letting her girl feed her. She isn't really that hungry but she also knows that Shiah won't let her ignore the food so she just eats it anyway. 

 

"Took a morning ride, found a place up in my mind, no one else can see. Maybe it's fate that we lose control, in circles around, we go~" Everyone sang along to the song. Mimi hummed, smiling as she listens to her friends. 

 

An hour after, Mimi pulled over as they reached a convenience store. It wasn't in the plan but she has to rest for a bit, and the others wanted to go to the comfort room. It was worth it though, they coincidentally happened to stop by a good view of the mountain and the lake. The group enjoyed taking photos, Mimi just let them. Everyone was busy with their phones but Mimi wanted to enjoy the view by just looking at it. Coming here with her friends made her feel sentimental, it's really nice how their friendship got this deep. Hyejin pulled her after minutes though, saying she'll take photos of her and Shiah which Mimi gladly obeyed. 

 

Around 7 PM when they reached Yubin's family villa. They already talked about the assignments of each person and what they'll do for dinner. Mimi was with Jiho, Hyejin, and Seunghee, preparing for their dinner while the remaining of the group will be setting up the table and the room they'll be staying in. 

 

Mimi noticed how Jiho was out of it, yes she's enjoying herself, but she knows Jiho, something was bothering her and Mimi can't ask her because Shiah was always with her. So she took this opportunity to ask Jiho, 

 

"What's going on, Jyo?" Mimi asks as she stood next to Jiho. The other girl chuckles before replying. 

 

"Nothing, I just like what's happening right now." That was a plain answer, Mimi felt like it was true for a moment but what is she talking about?

 

"I'm okay, really. Stop bothering me because I'm hungry so let's finish this already." Jiho says and pushed Mimi away, laughing at Mimi's face. Mimi rubbed her nape. She's weird ah.

 

Anyway, the group enjoyed the rest of the night, they even played after eating. This night is solely for them to enjoy and Mimi likes how everyone felt free, even Shiah. She loves how Shiah kept laughing the whole night because of Seunghee and Jiho's gag time. Mimi excused herself, she went to the room to text her parents, which she had forgotten to do earlier because she was busy cooking. After sending them a text, she checked the other messages, some are from Hyojung, she sent the pictures she took earlier to their group chat. What was odd is that there was a message from her former classmate, Kei. 

 

The girl has been texting her a lot since yesterday, Mimi just replied to the other girl but was really not interested. Mimi doesn't like it when Shiah isn't the first one in her recent messages. This time though, it was just a 'hey', Mimi was confused about why so she didn't check it, planning to reply to her tomorrow instead.

 

Mimi felt a vibration from Shiah's bag just next to hers. Shiah's phone was in her bag, which was unusual since she always has her hands on her phone but after seeing who was the person calling Shiah, Mimi understood why. It was Shiah's mom, Shiah probably doesn't want to take her calls so she left her phone here. Mimi ignored the call, turning Shiah's phone off instead. What she wants right now is to let Shiah enjoy this night without worries. Right. 

 

--

 

The morning after, Mimi woke up with Shiah hugging her on her left and Jiho sleeping on her right. The night before, Jiho was next to Seunghee but now, she's on the floor, next to Mimi. ah.. There she saw Seunghee rolling over, This girl has a very wild sleeping habit. Mimi chuckles, Shiah woke up soon after. 

 

"Why are you laughing hmm," Shiah asks with a sleepy voice. Mimi gently pinched Shiah's cheek, smiling at how cute her girlfriend is. 

 

"Jiho is sleeping on the floor without sheets," Mimi says softly. Shiah pulled away and sat up, yawning as she checks Jiho behind Mimi. 

 

"Let's go to the living room, and you move Jiho to your spot, she might get sick," Shiah says, kissing Mimi's cheek before leaving the room quietly. After seconds of stretching, Mimi stood up and carefully pulled her friend into her former position, then wrapped the girl with her blanket. Hoping that Jiho won't about this later. The two aren't really affectionate towards each other, they're like.. bros.

 

Arin joined Mimi and Yooa in the living room, Mimi was really curious about Arin too, the girl is fun to talk to and Mimi guesses she'd be added in the group chat today, by Seunghee who kept introducing Arin to the group's routines and whatever. Last night, Hyojung and Seunghee even asked Arin to join them for lunch. 

 

Mimi likes the girl already, and she seems really close to Shiah too. Soon, the others woke up as well, Mimi's sure Jiho was the only one left in the room. 

 

"Where's your phone?" Shiah asks, Mimi took her phone from her pocket and gave it to the girl. Then listening to Hyejin talking, she saw Shiah scrolling through her gallery, which she always does. Shiah's addicted to pictures. 

 

When Jiho woke up, Seunghee pulled Mimi along with Jiho so they could help the others in cooking. While cooking, Hyojung just asked Mimi about her relationship with Shiah and how it is going, and she says fine. They really are doing good, and Mimi likes how comfortable they are with each other. 

 

The thing is, when they are about to leave the villa, to go back home, she felt something different in Shiah. The girl was quiet. And Mimi had no clue why, she wanted to ask but she felt like the girl isn't in the mood. She even put on her seatbelt on her own.

 

"Shiah, you got my phone, right? Can I have it? Gotta use it for directions." Mimi says as she started the engine, thankful that the others in the back are busy with their own conversation. 

 

Shiah nodded and gave her phone right away. When Mimi opens it, she saw Kei's messages. She then looked at Shiah whose eyes were on the road. Mimi chuckles and takes Shiah's hand. 

 

"Hey, what is this attitude?" She asks softly, taking Shiah's hand close to her lips as she kisses the back of her hand.

 

Shiah looks at her then rolls her eyes, "That girl likes you." Shiah answered shortly, pulling her hand away from Mimi. The latter just chuckled as she started driving. 

 

"No? The last time I heard, she's dating Seo Jisoo from the Engineering department." Mimi defends, smiling when she glanced at her girlfriend who's sulking while looking out the window.

 

"I didn't court you for months just to entertain other girls, you know," Mimi added, she doesn't really want Shiah to get mad at her. 

 

Mimi caught a glimpse of Shiah's smile from the side. Smiling as well, she takes Shiah's hand again; the other girl holding her hand back this time. 

 

"I guess I'll just pray that we wouldn't get into an accident," Seunghee says as she stuck her head between the two. Mimi laughed when Shiah pushed Seunghee back into her seat. "Be quiet, and give us some privacy." 

 

"I hope you'll respect my existence too! Being the fifth wheeler is hard okay!" Seunghee says as she crosses her arms, pertaining to Hyojung and Hyejin leaning against each other. Mimi laughed when she realized how lonely Seunghee must be. 

 

"Stop laughing. I'm not done with you yet." Mimi bit her lip when Shiah pinched her hand. 

 

Clearing before speaking, "Yes, ma'am. Deal with me later." Mimi says while grinning. Shiah then bit Mimi's hand, chuckling when Mimi whined. 

 

After minutes, Shiah still held her hand, slowly caressing it, particularly the spot she bit earlier. "You wouldn't get tired of me, right?" The girl says in a small voice, just enough for Mimi to hear. 

 

"I won't, don't worry." Mimi answers without hesitation. She would never. Mimi sighed as she continued driving, her thoughts were on Shiah. She's holding the girl right now but something feels off, she feels like something big and bad would happen soon.