Lover - Fin.

OMW 2: Fallin All In

A day in Mihyun's life, 2-3 years after college.

 

Eyes staring at me as I walk in the middle of the hallway of this sky blue and gray painted building. The sunlight passing throught the glass windows just right next to me. Some of these people are new to my eyes, or mind. Some are familiar, maybe they've gone to my office once or twice for the reports or such. I rolled up my sleeves and was about to checked the time on my watch. Ah . Where's my watch? I stopped on my tracks, a few people greeted me as they walked pass by me. I just smiled at them; could've greeted back but my mind is occupied because.. where the is my watch? I turned around to go back to my office. 

 

Did I wear it before going to work today? As I got in my office room, 1:58 is written on the digital wall clock of the room. , Shiah told me she'll be dismissed at 2 PM. I walked over my desk, there's obviously no watch on my table. I checked every space in that room but there's no sign of my watch. Oh god, Shiah would be pissed. I fished my phone out of my pocket and saw a few notifications, some are from my friends and.. six messages from Shiah. 

 

WHAT SHOULD I DO.

 

I ran out of my office, phone on my right hand to make sure I'd know if I get another message from Shiah. I'm doomed, I haven't even read her messages. I met those eyes from the hallways again, they might be wondering why I'm running this fast. But I gotta go, I have to.

 

2:05

 

"Architect! You forgot to sign this!" WHAT? I looked behind me and I saw the new intern waving a folder from his position. I immediately shook my head. 

 

"No, no no no. I'll sign that later!!" I shouted as I kept running but I know that he's still following me. I even gestured him to go away using my hands. 

 

2:08

 

"But Architect! It's due today at 4 PM!" Ah . I ran off the building and got on my car. I put on my seatbelt as I glanced back at the building. I could see the intern running after me. Fine, I'm late anyway. I waited for him to reach me. 

 

"Please let me go now." I begged him, which he obeyed right away. After I see him walking inside the building, I checked Shiah's messages.

 

2:12

 

Love, 1:40 PM : Mii, we're dismissed early.

Love, 1:46 PM : I'll be waiting at the main door.

Love, 1:57 PM : I'm hungryyyy (╥﹏╥)

Love, 1:58 PM : Why aren't you replying? I thought you're free today. 

Love, 1:58 PM : I'm waiting, Mihyun. (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥

Love, 1:59 PM : Mihyun, where are you?

Love, 2:04 PM : I'm gonna hit you when I see your face.

 

Oh no. 

 

I drove fast. But not too fast, I still have to be careful or Shiah would be the one to end me instead. Today is our 5th year anniversary as girlfriends and I told her I'd fetch her after her class. I was too chill and things happened earlier as you've seen. And my watch. My watch!! IS MISSING. I don't remember where I last saw it. That was Shiah's gift for me last year and I should and must wear it today but here I am, on my car 2:10 in the afternoon, late for our date, and doesn't know where I misplaced my watch.

 

Yes, I'm an architect. My parents helped me with my career after college. It wasn't that hard because I think this is the right job for me. After I passed the board exam, I immediately went to the Yoo's residence. I was too happy because it's one of my goals; to be a licensed architect. Everyone was so proud of me so I'm doing my best not to disappoint with my job. The thing is.. I feel like I've been constantly disappointing my girlfriend, Shiah. 

 

"Why are you coming just now?" Shiah stared at me from where she sat; at the bench next to the small potted plant in front of the academy. I heaved a deep sigh as I walk towards her, kneeling down across her as she continued to just look at me. She's not mad, she's just a little upset.

 

I held her hands and smiled at her. "I'm sorry, things got heaten up in the office-" I stopped when she slowly grabbed my wrist, holding my right arm up. Oh did she notice already? Shiah pulled down the sleeve on my forearm, exposing my empty wrist. 

 

"You forgot your watch earlier in the house." She muttered softly and slid her free hand in her coat's pocket, revealing the watch that I've been looking for in the office earlier.

 

A year ago.

 

"Oh? What is this?" Mimi looked at the small black box that Yooa gave her. 

 

"A watch, dummy. Can't you see?" Yooa answered and excitedly opened the box in Mimi's hands. The latter laughing at Yooa's response. Of course it's a watch. It's just that she didn't expect this kind of gift. When she told Yooa that she wants a gift, she meant a letter. Yooa wasn't the type of person who's good at expressing so Mimi wanted her to start learning to express herself instead of letting her feelings bottle up inside by writing. Yooa was a really good writer, Mimi could tell when she saw Yooa writing a poem for her cousin before. She knew Yooa's writing talent would be great. 

 

"Take care of this, I'll buy you another one if you lose this but this one's the first watch I'm giving you so it has more meaning than the next ones so take care of this, Mihyun. My dad helped me in getting this decorated." Yooa says as she took Mimi's wrist and put the watch on it. Mimi was busy admiring at Yooa's smile while the girl was busy looking at the watch.

 

"Hey, are you listening?" Yooa pouted, and that's when Mimi checked the design of the watch. The watch was black, and mesmerizing, the type of luxurious watch that one can't tell if it's real or not because the design was simple but Mimi loved it, especially the "MY" written on the background. 

 

"Yes, yes, I love it. Thank you, Shiah." Mimi gave her a soft kiss while cupping Yooa's face. 

 

"I really wanted to buy you a spiderman merchandise but I realized that you won't grow up if I keep spoiling you." Yooa whispered against Mimi's lips when she slightly pulled away, their forehead resting against each other's.

 

"Um excuse me? HELLO? WE'RE HERE FOR OUR FRIEND'S WEDDING, I DON'T REMEMBER A CHEESY LIVE MIYOO AGENDA TODAY?!" 

 

It's Seunghee. Mimi chuckled and pulled away from her girlfriend, and Arin also held Yooa's arm when they were finally apart, pulling Yooa towards the others. Now left with her two closest friends, Jiho and Seunghee. Mimi sighed so deep enough to annoy her two friends more. 

 

"What can I do? My girlfriend is too pretty and she gave me this watch so we shared a sweet moment-" 

 

Mimi was cut-off when Jiho headlocked her, Seunghee leading the way inside the venue. This is normal, one of the things on Seunghee's bucket list was to walk in the church, walk on the red carpet with her chin up and people looking at her BUT she won't need to be embarrassed because her two friends behind her would be doing more embarrassing. 

 

"oh god, Mihyun, what are you doing?" 

 

"I knew it."

 

"Next time, let's not invite them."

 

No, Mimi and Jiho never liked this idea but lately, Seunghee was down because of girlfriend matters so they had to cheer her up. 

 

--

 

"I won't ever allow you to be that embarrassing on our wedding." Yooa says while applying lotion on her arms. After Yooa finished her pre-med course, the two decided to stay in one unit, their parents allowed them as long as they will go home at least once a week. 

 

Mimi sat on the edge of the of their bed. "Aww, are we going to talk about our wedding now?" She asks with a grin, her girlfriend glaring at her. Mimi gestured her lips zipped and raised her hands in defeat. 

 

"Tomorrow's our anniversary." Mimi mumbled, she's been thinking of opening this conversation since last week but she knows Yooa is busy with her studies. It was a good thing that they live together now because they could keep in touch with each other even with their respective careers, although living together was actually difficult at first because unlike before, they were just teenagers who were still experimenting with their relationship but now, they're adulting and their responsibilities are getting bigger the older they become. They usually fight, they don't last a day without fighting and that became normal for them in their first six months together until they had enough and realized that they shouldn't continue living like that. They aren't kids anymore, as Yooa said. She was right and Mimi knows that sometimes, she's the childish one among them. 

 

"Yeah, I know." Yooa answered shortly, finished with her skin care now. She stood up and placed the lotion bottle back on the cabinet. "That's why I got you the watch." She added, Mimi knew it was for that. Well, the watch was really nice but she wants to talk about their plans tomorrow.

 

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow? Movies?" Mimi asked with a casual tone like how she always do but for real? She's nervous because she knows Yooa would reject her.

 

"No, you know I'm going to review tomorrow, right?" That's what Yooa always say in the past months. Mimi sometimes wonder if she can still say words other than that. It's a joke of course but she just has to make herself feel better.

 

Mimi hummed and wore her sleeping socks. "Yes, I know. Let's sleep now?" Yooa stopped, successful, Mimi was successful this time because she knows Yooa would come to her now. This has been like this, their nights would be all about cuddles everytime they come to this argument. 

 

"You know that I would love to be with you, I just can't." Yooa whispered against Mimi's neck as they hugged each other close. Mimi slowly brushed her girlfriend's hair. They haven't hugged each other like this in the past week. She missed her. "I know, I'm already happy that you're here." She says softly and cupped her cute girlfriend's cheeks. Yooa looked back at Mimi with a glint of doubt in her eyes.

 

"But you were clearly sulking earlier."

 

"I just missed you." Mimi answered immediately and hugged Yooa's head, the girl pulled away quickly with the same look from earlier.

 

"Let me speak, Mihyun." 

 

"Okay."

 

"I know, you're at the couch watching Harry Potter sometimes whenever I go home. I badly want to join you know how I love watching those movies especially when I'm with you. I do my best to send you a reply when I have free time in the academy because I don't want you to worry about me. As much as I can, I don't want you to be stressed out about me but I didn't know that I'm making it worse sometimes. Tomorrow marks our fifth anniversary and.. it will be the first time that we won't be hanging out for movies like we usually do. I'm really sorry about that but I promise-"

 

"Shiah. Shiah, we can always celebrate anytime soon when you're free. Alright? I understand you and just like you, I don't want you to worry about me too but what can we do, we're in love. I love you, you love me. Oh wait. Do you love me?"

 

Yooa hid her face on Mimi's chest as she listened to her. She knew that her face was deep red and she's not in the mood for Mimi's teasing so she better hide her face. "Why are you even asking that?" She muttered softly under her breath. Mimi swore she felt hot when Yooa did that but it's cuddle time, must watch on her behavior.

 

"Because I love you." Mimi responds quick, she knows that Yooa is tired and that they both need to sleep so to end the conversation, she turned off the lamp on the right side of their bed. Yooa left longing for her girlfriend's embrace for a moment but after a few seconds, Mimi is back to cuddling her.

 

"I love you the most, Mihyun."  She whispered and drift off to her cherryland. Mimi was sure she heard her saying "most". A win for her tonight, she guesses.

 

END.