Imagination

OMW 2: Fallin All In

MIMI.

 

"Good morning Shiah!"

 

Mimi exclaims as she jumped out behind Shiah who just walked out of her dorm building. The girl looked puzzled when she saw Mimi holding a camera. Shiah was wearing a black blouse and loose jeans, her black boots made her look like a model.

 

"Ohhh, you don't look like a Biology student today. Where's your modeling schedule, huh?" Mimi joked, Shiah just chuckled at her.

 

"Stop it, Mihyun, why are you here so early?" Mimi grinned when Shiah continued walking as if giving her permission to walk next to her so she did.

 

"I'm going to walk with you to school!" Mimi answers with enthusiasm.

 

"Do you need that camera in Archi?" Shiah asks her, ignoring what Mimi just said earlier.

 

"Nope! This is Jiho's, I borrowed it." Mimi smiles, she rubbed off the non-existing dust on her new checkered long-sleeved polo, flexing those spiderman stickers on the buttons. 

 

"For what?" Shiah removed her hair tie from her wrist and started tying her hair. That's when Mimi took a picture of her, making Shiah giggle.

 

"Hey! That's illegal!." The smaller one says while laughing softly, her hands were busy with her hair.

 

"You're the illegal one here, serving looks so early in the morning." Mimi plainly says. She took more photos of Shiah and checks them. She grins once she's satisfied with the outcome.

 

"Shut up, you're so dorky today."

 

"I'm going to use this to make you smile." Mimi grinned at Shiah who responded with a pinch on Mimi's cheek. 

 

"Haha. Where's Jiho?" Two syllables haha sounded sarcastic but it's cute. 

 

"Hm.. She was still sleeping when I went out." Mimi says, she glanced at the building on their left, which is their dorm building; hoping she'll see Jiho going out of their room but seems like it isn't the case. 

 

"Anyway! I texted you last night" Mimi asks and Shiah nods at her.

 

"Yeah, after weeks, you finally did." Huh?

 

Mimi furrowed her eyebrows. What? Am I slow or I'm just an idiot again? 

 

"Uhh..." Mimi held the straps of her backpack, thinking of what to say.

 

"Are you joining later at lunch?" Shiah hummed. The two- or maybe just Mimi talked all their way to the university gate.

 

But just before Shiah could walk in her first class, Mimi asked her, "..Do you want to come with me on the rooftop tomorrow lunch?" 

 

--

 

"Glad you didn't get lost on your way here," Mimi says while opening a lunchbox she prepared with Jiho this morning. Shiah placed her bag and books down and sat next to Mimi.

 

"Wow.. You really cooked these?" There was a hint of excitement in Shiah's voice which Mimi finds so adorable. 

 

Mimi nodded, picking up a pair of chopsticks, feeding Shiah; the latter was eating well. Shiah is still a mystery to Mimi though, sometimes the girl is so chic and quiet, sometimes she's cute, sometimes she just doesn't care about anything. The setting is perfect. The weather is nice, Mimi had prepared a picnic cloth--which was actually Jiho's-- so they can eat comfortably. 

 

"Thanks for the food, chef," Shiah says after drinking from Mimi's water bottle.

 

"You're very welcome, ma'am," Mimi says with that bowing gesture, Shiah chuckles in response. 

 

"Do you have classes soon? or later?" Mimi asks while cleaning off, she placed the lunchbox back in its bag. Shiah really ate well, she wonders if Shiah goes back to her home for home-cooked food, or if her mom visits her often.

 

Shiah once told their friends that she doesn't really cook so she just buys cooked food either at fast foods or the convenience stores. Mimi's plan is to help Shiah have a lightwork every day now, like, cooking for her lunch, and making her smile every morning. 

 

Shiah shook her head, then shrugged. "We were just given some book review activity for the minor one this afternoon."

 

Mimi only noticed now that Shiah's ponytail already loosened. Seems like she got exhausted on her morning subject. She still looks good though. 

 

"How about you? You look like you have much free time for this." This? Mimi rubbed her nape, smiling at Shiah. 

 

"I will finish my homework later at night. I tend to do school stuff at night." Mimi says, looks like they will be staying there on the rooftop for a while. She took her backpack and placed it on her right, she uses it as a pillow as she laid down on the blanket. 

 

"Hey, won't your body hurt? The ground is too hard." Shiah looked at her but Mimi just shushed her; Mimi really felt sentimental while staring at the clear blue sky. 

 

"The weather looks so fine today," Mimi says but Shiah remained silent, and when she checked what the girl is doing, she saw Shiah wearing those reading glasses again while holding that thick book.

 

"Do you ever not question why Biology books are always thick?" Mimi asks, wanting to get Shiah's attention but the girl shushed her as she did earlier. Mimi laughed it off and went back to lying down. 

 

It got quiet, there isn't much noise if it weren't for the wind blowing. Mimi's head is getting light, she's falling asleep. She woke up after minutes, she rubbed her eyes a little carefully, slowly getting up. She checked the time and it's already 2:30 in the afternoon. Aah.. Did I sleep for an hour?

 

Mimi's eyes immediately find their way to Shiah, the girl was sitting while leaning on the wall, sleeping. She smiled as she stared at her. You're hurting your neck if you sleep like that. Mimi shifted her position and sat next to Shiah. She carefully removed her glasses and hung them on her own shirt, she'll just give them to her later. Mimi placed Shiah's book on her lap instead, then slowly letting Shiah lean her head on her shoulder. Mimi felt like she's being stiff than ever but she wants to be reliable for Shiah.  

 

Shiah slept for over 30 minutes more, and Mimi didn't mind. She really enjoyed every single bit of Shiah leaning on her shoulder. 

 

"Sorry- ah , what time is it?" When Shiah woke up, she was in panic and Mimi had no clue why. She saw Shiah checking and scrolling on her phone before standing up and taking all of her stuff. 

 

"I gotta go, sorry Mihyun." That was fast, again. Mimi was stuck in her position for seconds before she realized that she still has Shiah's glasses. Oh no. She hurriedly ran to follow Shiah. Did she take the elevator?

 

So Mimi took the stairs, it's just a 5-story building in the university. Yeah... just five. But Shiah might really need her glasses when she has to study. 

 

She saw Shiah when she reached the ground floor, but the girl was busy talking to someone on her phone, she didn't hear Mimi calling. Instead of wasting her time shouting, Mimi just ran again, but Shiah was already at the school gate when she saw Mimi. 

 

"Hey! You forgot this.." Mimi placed the glasses on Shiah's hand, then saw a car in front of them. She couldn't see who was or were in the car but she's sure it was the person Shiah was talking to earlier. 

 

"Thanks.. Mihyun. See you tomorrow." Shiah says shortly before getting in the car without looking back at Mimi. 

 

Hah.. that's another mystery. 

 

--

 

The next day, Mihyun went to Shiah's place, thinking of walking with her to school but she had waited for 30 minutes already and if Hyojung didn't come out of her room, she wouldn't know that Shiah wasn't inside her room. The night before, Shiah wasn't even active in their group chat, she also didn't reply to Mimi's texts.

 

Hyojung told Mimi that Shiah left yesterday with her mom, she said Shiah might be in the school already. Must be really busy.. Mimi guesses. She walked with Hyojung that day instead, Hyojung was really a loud friend, Mimi wonders if she ever gets sad, I mean.. everyone does, right? Or else Hyojung isn't a person, but a sun. 

 

Mimi was out of it the whole day, why can't I stop thinking about her? I keep feeling bothered. Why? Whipped. Mimi is a mess. 

 

"You should get out for fresh air. I'm telling you, if I hear you sighing again, I won't let you see Yooa unnie ever again." Jiho warned her.

 

The two of them are sitting for homework on their respective beds. Jiho already complained about Mimi being all so down the whole day and now because Mimi kept sighing while listening to Jiho's playlist. 

 

"Sorry.." Is all Mimi could say, she doesn't have any explanation to say though. It's just her petty self crushing over Shiah and now being all worried about the girl because she also didn't join the group this afternoon. 

 

"She said she's okay and was just busy. What's there to sigh about? Seriously, Mimi, you're getting yourself into trouble by overreacting like that." Jiho was rapping while scolding her roommate, Mimi closed her eyes and massaged her temples. 

 

"Sorry again, this is my first time feeling this way, I'm new to this okay?" She explains now, sitting up straight when she saw Jiho looking at her. Sometimes, Jiho's eyes are really scary.. and Mimi happens to feel threatened by them even though she knows she's actually older than Jiho.

 

"Why don't you tell her you like her? So at least she knows and that she might consider 'not making you worry about her', right?" Jiho suggested as she went back to writing. 

 

"She said she's not into dating." That got Jiho laughing, hard.

 

"Hey! Don't laugh!" Mimi glared at Jiho but the latter didn't stop. 

 

"It means," Jiho cleared , almost chuckling. "She doesn't really want to date so move on and find another girl to gay for." Mimi pouted and shoved her face on her book after Jiho said that. I'm hopeless. 

 

Jiho's right. First of all, Shiah and her belong to one squad, it's already weird that she likes a friend. But that isn't an issue these days, so never mind that. The issue is that Shiah is someone who feels so close yet so far to Mimi. Unless Mimi does something to get to know her. 

 

"Should I court her?" Mimi asks as she suddenly sat up, even startling Jiho. 

 

"No." Jiho answers without hesitation. "Focus on studying just like what she's doing and worry about dating later."

 

Her roommate took all of her notebooks and placed them in her bag, leaving Mimi alone doing her homework as she went under her blanket. "I'll sleep now and you should too, stop thinking about her because you might start falling in love with her." 

 

Love? 

 

--

 

"Morning Shiah! You're serving looks today again." Mimi says with a grin when she finally saw Shiah walking out of her dorm.

 

It's been a week since she and Jiho talked, Shiah came back to her dorm days ago and started coming with them at lunch again. Mimi was actually hesitating to wait in front of Shiah's dorm but her heart is defeated when Shiah texted her last night asking her if they could hang out on the rooftop again. So now here she is, walking with Shiah on their way to class.

 

"Here we go with the serving thing again." Shiah chuckles at her. But Mimi was right though, she knows she is. Shiah looks too pretty in simple clothes and that ribbon on her hair.

 

"Yes, I won't shut up about it, princess," Mimi spoke in a deep voice, she's mimicking Thor's voice for fun but she saw Shiah blushing. Oh? 

 

"Princess?" Shiah repeats, Mimi saw Shiah smiling. Well, 1 point for me today. 

 

"Yes, because I'm ready to serve you." Mimi even bowed like those princes bowing for their queen. Shiah just chuckled and hit Mimi on her shoulder, telling her to stop being cheesy. 

 

"See you later at lunch!" Shiah nodded and waved at Mimi before going to her morning class. Mimi hurriedly took her phone from her pocket and sent a text to Shiah.

 

Mimi : I'll be at the rooftop at 3 PM, text me.

sent.

 

"Seunghee.. how would you court your crush?" Jiho laughed a bit at Mimi's question, she was probably expecting it since she won't answer Mimi's question.

 

It's already lunch and the three are the ones who will buy their food today. The trio was already on their way back to the vacant room where they always hang out. Seunghee and Jiho were talking about Seunghee's crush when Mimi suddenly asked Seunghee.

 

"I... don't plan on courting her? I don't even like her that much, I just find her cute when I ." Seunghee's answer made Mimi think about herself. Should she do what Seunghee is doing?

 

"But, if you like Yooa that much, then court her." 

 

Mimi's eyes widened, "How.. did you know it was her?". Seunghee just laughed and Jiho smacked her head. "Hey!" 

 

"It's obvious, Mimi, and I told Seunghee that you and Shiah kept texting each other" Jiho says before walking ahead, opening the door to the room. 

 

"Make her feel special so you could earn her interest. Do it your way." Seunghee says as she patted Mimi's shoulder then followed Jiho. Mimi heaved a deep sigh before entering the room where she saw her friends busy talking at preparing to eat.

 

"Mihyun! Faster, I'm hungry." Shiah says, gesturing her to walk faster. Mimi followed, but her thoughts were stuck on what she should do. Being with Shiah makes her want the girl more, imagine if she was my girlfriend.. spiderman, I'm all complete if she'll be mine. 

 

Mimi only realizes what she's feeling now. She wants her, there's something about Shiah that makes her feel uneasy. Even if it's not now, she wants to keep being with Shiah. How would she do that when Shiah is being unpredictable?

 

--

 

"Mihyun! Sorry I'm late, my prof gave us some additional activities." Shiah says while pouting when she arrived at the rooftop. It's already 3:30, 30 minutes late from their usual meeting time. Mimi is already sitting on their usual place when she arrived. 

 

"Hey, it's okay, I just got here like.. 7 minutes ago." Mimi smiles and lets Shiah sit next to her. no.. I was excited and I've been waiting for an hour. 

 

"Ah.. That's a relief. Have you passed your plates? What did you prof say?" Shiah asks, taking a lollipop from Mimi's pocket. There was one time when Mimi told her that she always has spare candies in her pocket and Shiah is always free to get one.

 

Mimi shrugged. "Nah, he just told us to compile everything and leave it on his office table." Shiah chuckles, pinching Mimi's cheek.

 

Mimi watched as Shiah opened the lollipop wrapper and took the candy in , her cheeks puffed and huffed as she eats the candy while holding its stick. Looks like Mimi got to see another side of Shiah today again. A slightly cute and slightly y Shiah with a lollipop.

 

"You grumpy about that?" she says and Mimi nodded, slightly pouting when she remembered her plates. 

 

"You stayed up late again, look at your hair, don't get stressed too much." Shiah moved closer and brushed Mimi's hair, then patting her head.

 

"You gotta enjoy now that you're done with the first set, right?" Shiah continued, her hands are now busy with Mihyun's buttons. She's buttoning her shirt up because Mimi had forgotten to. It's okay though since she had a t-shirt inside but Shiah says she's bothered. 

 

Mimi could clearly see Shiah's lashes by how close they are to each other. Her eyes are so pretty, for real, again, Mimi felt like this girl's features are seducing her effortlessly. How do I get rid of these feelings if I'll stop liking you? Can I even do that? 

 

"You must really like spiderman," Shiah says as she took Mimi's spiderman necklace that was hidden under her shirt, it was noticeable because the chain was gold.

 

Mimi gulped, Shiah seem to not notice how close they are right now. The girl's head is slightly at the level of her neck because she was examining Mimi's necklace. Mimi closed her eyes before finally speaking. She has come to a decision. 

 

"Can I court you?"