Lost In Japan

OMW 2: Fallin All In

thank you mimbora for the story cover ♡

 

MIMI.

 

The city yawns, they echo on, my thoughts are spinning on and on my head it seems..

 

Mihyun grew up in a nice family. Her parents were always supportive of her. She kissed her mom's cheek a goodbye before leaving on a train. She's on her way to her dormitory now, in the city. Mimi wasn't nervous, she's excited to be exact. She heard a lot about the city and after years of living in the province, which is a sub-urban place if it was to be described, the city started to sound exciting for her. 

 

All these years, she's been with her family and now she's finally going to live by herself. Exciting, isn't it? 

 

When she reached the dormitories, she immediately looked for the head office, the dormitories were provided by the university she enrolled at. The lady accompanied her on a tour around the buildings. There were three buildings to be exact, and they were all for the students. She'll need to walk her way to school every morning since there wasn't much distance from the school premises to her dorm. 

 

Finally, the lady guided her to the room she'll be staying in, she thanked the lady before putting down her baggage so she could open the door but someone from inside the room pulled it open. It was a tall girl with foxy eyes, almost the same height as Mimi. Her long black hair made her look cold if it weren't for the cheeky smile on her face. She's pretty,. that's all Mimi could say. 

 

She must be the roommate then. The lady excused herself and the girl, even though Mimi didn't ask, helped Mimi with her baggage.

 

"Thank you!" Mimi reached her hand out and the girl shook hands with her before introducing herself.

 

"You can call me Jiho." 

 

Jiho, huh? Mimi nodded and smiled before speaking, "I'm-"

 

"Mihyun? Right?" Oh? How did she know?

 

"I asked the lady about your name.. hehe" Mimi chuckled, yes, her real name is Mihyun. 

 

"You're right, but you can just call me Mimi, that's what my friends call me." Jiho giggles while Mimi started organizing her things. 

 

"So, you're a freshman too?" Mimi asks, almost finished with her clothes.

 

The room was divided into two, Jiho owns the right side while Mimi on the left. They were provided two study tables and closets for each, a table for four in the middle of the room, and two bookshelves on the sides of the doorway. Jiho, who was busy munching on her sandwich looked at her.

 

"Nope! I'm still in high school.  You're a year ahead of me, Mimi." Mimi nodded, she's thankful that this girl isn't awkward, she really wants a roommate who talks a lot. Wait. 

 

"If I'm older than you, then why aren't you addressing me as unnie, huh?" Jiho stood up and plopped down on her bed, "Because you're like a kid to me!" she says before covering herself under the sheets, leaving Mimi no choice but to continue organizing her closet. Jiho, at least, looks like a potential comfortable buddy. 

 

Sigh. A happy sigh. She once again takes a glance at the whole room, guess she has to call this home for now. 

 

After sending her mom a text that she arrived at her dorm and had organized her stuff already, Mimi went to sleep, since her roommate is sleeping as well. 

 

--

 

"Wow, you've been living a good life 'til now. Good for you, won't need to ask for anything more, huh?" Jiho says while they're eating dinner. They ordered meals that night since they're both lazy to cook.

 

The two are talking about the general things about themselves, and sometimes about their family. Mimi learned that Jiho only got here a week ago, her grandparents sent her here so she could focus on studying. Jiho never mentioned anything about her parents, which was unusual, but Mimi guesses she'll maybe learn about this soon.

 

"You can say that.. For now, I want to be a good college student." Mimi was chewing as she spoke.  Jiho is nearly done with her food. Mimi notices that the girl keeps staring at her. 

 

"What?" She asks and it made Jiho laugh. She's so weird. 

 

"Will you help me in studying then? Good college students help their juniors!" Ah, okay. This girl, really.

 

"Sure! But it depends on my schedule, okay?" Mimi smiled at the girl. She used to tutor her cousins before, it wouldn't be hard to teach Jiho. 

 

After dinner, Jiho went back to her bed, saying she'll sleep already because she has classes in the morning. Meanwhile, Mimi couldn't sleep yet, so she got on her sneakers and wore her hoodie. She decided to go out for a walk. Mimi really used to stroll at night with her dad back in the province, since the weather is nice and you'll be welcomed by the blow of nature. 

 

That night was the first time Mimi felt something is missing in her life. It was that girl sitting on the bench. Mihyun knew that she wants her the moment she saw those eyes.

 

Mimi was passing by the street on the back part of her dorm's building when she saw this girl listening to some music on her phone, as Mimi guesses. The girl was wearing a black cap, her long black hair flowed ever so beautifully on her shoulders. Her beige coat looked good on her, she looks so cool, and pretty, like a goddess, for Mimi. 

 

"Why are you staring at me?" The girl suddenly spoke, Mimi looked behind her, checking if she was talking to someone else, or maybe she was talking to someone over the phone. Is it me? She's not even looking at me. 

 

Oh, she did. The girl looked up at her, removing her cap and Mimi felt like her shoes got stuck in their place, she couldn't move. She wasn't a ghost or anything, but she's too pretty. Man, she is. 

 

Mimi wasn't really eager to get this girl. After that encounter, Mimi ran as if she never heard or had seen the girl, or that she stared at the girl because she didn't know what to do. Is this what they call love at first sight? Funny, Mimi found it cringy, really cringy. The next day, she's wondering why the girl's face keeps appearing in her mind almost every single time, Jiho even asked her if she's okay. She said she is but she finds it really weird. A big part of her wants to see the girl again. 

 

So the second night, she tried going out for a walk again, but Jiho wanted to join her, saying she's bored. Mimi's got no choice. So, now they're walking, with Jiho talking about how her day went, and Mimi thinking what should she do if she ever sees the girl again. 

 

"What are you looking at?" The girl wasn't there, Mimi sighed before she starts walking again, completely ignoring Jiho. 

 

"Hey! I'm still here you know?" Jiho pouted while following the older one. The girl stomped her feet behind Mimi until she bumped on Mimi's back.

 

"Why did you stop?" Jiho asks although she knows Mimi won't answer. Instead, she peeked over what made Mimi stop, there's a girl crying on the bench. 

 

Mimi didn't expect this. That surely is that girl from the other night. Now, what would she do in this situation? The girl seems busy crying to notice Mimi and Jiho. Mimi took one step, am I really going to her? 

 

But Jiho whispered behind her. "Do you know her?".

 

Mimi doesn't, so she turned around, letting the girl cry alone and pulling Jiho with her. Damn it, Mimi's having mixed feelings right now. The girl who kept her up all day was crying, and it was something she can't do anything with. And she didn't have to do anything. God, having a crush is so hard. 

 

"Do you have traumas from horror movies with girls crying late at night?" Jiho asks when they're just about to sleep. Mimi laughed and threw a pillow on her roommate. 

 

"Shut up now and let's sleep." 

 

--

 

The next few days, Mimi's strolling at night became a routine to her. Jiho became busy so she can go by herself. But, the girl she's anticipating meeting wasn't there for almost a week. Mimi even prepared a handkerchief in case she sees the girl crying again. Pff, god I'm so- aaaaaargh. 

 

It wasn't something she thought about herself, she was always into herself, doing all sorts of things she wants for her pleasure. But now, her mood depends on whether she'll see the girl or not. Really disappointed everytime the bench is empty. 

 

Mimi doesn't really have any plans, just that.. she wants to see her, that's what she wants right now. To see the girl again. 

 

The next Monday, Jiho asked her if she could buy strawberry milk while strolling. So, here she is, walking again, a part of her had given up with the 'I wanna see the girl again' but inside her, she wants to, at least.

 

"I won't go home, mom." That voice, it was the girl. Mimi looked around and saw her, for real. The girl sighed as she places her phone back in her coat's pocket. Mimi took the opportunity to sit on the other side of the bench. The girl seems to not care about her though. 

 

"You're here again." 

 

Or she thought. 

 

Mimi looked at the girl, she can't help but smile, she doesn't know why. The girl doesn't look like she's in the mood but she's definitely talking to Mimi. 

 

"So you noticed me?" Mimi says shortly. The girl just chuckled before looking at her. Mimi just noticed now how small her face is. Wow, this girl is hella cute. Should I ask her name?

 

"It's Yoo Shi-ah. You can call me Shiah"  The girl says. Why is everyone saying their names just when I'm about to ask them? 

 

Shiah, her name is pretty just like her. Shiah held out her hand for a handshake, Mimi smiled as she took a handkerchief from her pocket, the one she kept bringing every night in case she sees her. She shook her hand with the handkerchief. 

 

"Um.. Excuse me, but I'm a clean person." Shiah says, confused why Mimi gave her the handkerchief she used in handshaking. Mimi laughed, she kept laughing while Shiah was in confusion. 

 

"Hey! I don't need this, stop laughing." Shiah glared at her. Mimi cleared , removed her cap, and brushed her messy hair before looking at the girl. 

 

"I'm Mihyun, they call me Mimi and I'm giving you that because I didn't get to comfort you the last time I saw you crying here," Mimi says, now looking at the girl's eyes. Shiah pulled away from the eye contact, looking at the handkerchief she received. 

 

"So that was you too."

 

"Yeah, but I was with a friend so I couldn't go to you." Mimi wanted to ask why Shiah was crying but they just met, so later, maybe. 

 

"Thanks for this, Mihyun." Oh? 

 

"Hey, I said you can call me Mimi!" Mimi rests her arms on the bench, the girl chuckled at her tone.

 

"Mimi is a cute nickname but I don't like the mainstreams. So, I prefer Mihyun." Mimi smiles at her explanation. Okay, I'll let her slide because she's cute. 

 

Shiah got a phone call, she said it was her mom. Mimi didn't get a chance to talk when the girl said she's going already since she's meeting her mom. Their conversation was short. Mimi doesn't know if they'll ever meet again but it looks like they will, Mimi had the feeling they'll meet again. 

 

And they did. 

 

Mimi actually got busy because of her studies so she couldn't go out for a stroll for two weeks. She wonders if Shiah wanted to see her like how she does, but part of her knows that the girl doesn't. They're different, Mimi was interested in her while Shiah isn't. 

 

The night after she passed her project, she decided to go out, at last. Jiho was still busy, so she just went out quietly. Will she get to see her tonight? She doubts. Maybe no. If ever she does, then it is destiny. pff- and now Mimi is talking about destiny. Wow, is this serious? Get your thoughts together Mimi. 

 

Mimi wore a coat that night, her mom bought it for her and she wears it when she misses home. She got a call from home the other day, it was good, they're still the same. Mimi's mom told her she'll visit soon and Mimi hopes that soon will come fast. Sure she was excited living alone but she still misses home. 

 

She was occupied in deep, heavy, distracting-her-head-from-Shiah thoughts when she saw a girl standing far across her.

 

It was Shiah.

 

Mimi smiled, well.. is this destiny then? She waited for the girl to smile back at her until Shiah just ran towards her, crying. Mimi didn't even know she was crying. Mimi hugged Shiah, patting her back to comfort her. There were no words, she had just let her cry. 

 

"Mind telling me what happened?" Mimi spoke, there was only silence after Shiah stopped crying.

 

They're now sitting at the bench, next to each other. Shiah looks like she just went out unplanned. She wasn't wearing a coat like how she used to, just a plain shirt and shorts, hair tied in a bun, those puffy eyes looked like she has been crying a lot. 

 

Mimi pulled her coat off, putting it on Shiah's shoulders. She sighed a bit and smiled when the girl looked at her, maybe she was asking why Mimi did that. Mimi felt more courteous than ever. 

 

"Just.. some problems back at home," Shiah says, Mimi nodded and crossed her arms. It was actually cold, her sweatshirt isn't thick enough to make her warm. But she didn't want Shiah to feel bad so she had to act like she isn't feeling cold. 

 

"You can have this coat back, I'm fine.."

 

Mimi immediately shook her head. "No! I'm not cold, no worries, I'm Spiderman." She says, proudly showing the print on her sweatshirt, it was really spiderman, Mihyun had it printed because she's really a fan.

 

"Spiderman..?" Shiah chuckled softly. This made Mimi smile, guess she did something good today. Mimi talked about her being a fanatic of Spiderman, which Shiah really liked, she said Mihyun was cute. 

 

"I gotta go now," Shiah says while smiling at Mimi. Mimi expected this already, 

 

"Will I meet you again?" Mimi asks, anticipating. Shiah stood up and looked back at her. 

 

Shiah shrugged. "Next time we meet, I'll return your coat to you." then walked towards Mimi. Shiah stood on her toes, giving Mimi a kiss on the forehead since Mimi's taller than her, before disappearing. Mimi, on the other hand, is dumbfounded. What.

 

What just happened? Will I meet her again? When? Damn, she's mysterious.