Lights On (Part 2)

OMW 2: Fallin All In

YOOA.

 

It was around 5 AM, Yooa was comfortably hugging Mihyun, her body slightly resting on the right part of Mihyun's body as she cuddled with her. A blanket spread on top of them, their feet poking out of the sheet.Slowly opening her eyes, she sees Mihyun still sleeping. Honestly, Yooa wants to sleep more. Something in Mihyun's place makes her feel so relaxed, as if this is the safest house in the world. And to add that she had a very nice sleep.. but they have to shower and Mihyun has to go back to her room before her mom finds out that she slept here with Yooa.

 

"Mihyun.. wake up" Yooa poked Mihyun's cheek, smiling softly at how cute Mihyun's cheeks are. She waited for Mihyun to respond but the girl looks like she's in a deep sleep. Must be tired huh? Yooa sat up, at first she was using the blanket to cover herself but she realized that she's sharing the blanket with Mihyun so she reaches down on the floor of the right side of the bed, taking her dress from last night. Yooa swiftly wore the dress again. 

 

She heard a faint noise from Mihyun, she must be awake now. Yooa glanced at her girlfriend and kissed her cheek, Mihyun opened her eyes as she stretched her arms. One favorite "Mihyun moments" of Yooa is whenever Mihyun stretches her arms, she looks so cool. Weirdly, it makes Yooa's heart flutter when she sees Mihyun doing that.

 

"Are you okay?" Mihyun asks in a soft voice, she must've noticed that Yooa has her dress on so she checked the floor on her side of the bed to take her clothings, lazily wearing the clothes on.

 

"Yeah.. we gotta get ready, your parents might wake up soon" Yooa answers as she takes her phone, not really wanting to watch Mihyun wear her clothes. There were a few messages from the group. Just Seunghee, Hyejin, Hyojung and Yubin talking. Junsun called her last night too, but she had put her phone on silent, that's why she couldn't take the call. sigh. But it's okay, Mihyun told her that she should enjoy her stay here first. That's what she has to focus for now. 

 

"Weird, Jiho isn't active in the group chat." Yooa commented, checking when was the last message from Jiho. It was 3 days ago. Hm.. Yooa looked at Mihuyn who was unbothered. "Arin is active too but she's not replying to anyone." Mihyun added. Maybe Mihyun have noticed this too, already.

 

"Anyway, I'll take a shower now.. and you should too, go back to your room." Yooa commanded, she stood up but for whatever reason, she stumbled and sat back on the back. aish, i hate this. Yooa cursed in her mind, the least thing she wants is to get embarrassed in front of Mihyun in the morning becasue her girlfriend's hobby is to . 

 

Mihyun laughed and hugged Yooa's waist, her chin rested in Yooa's shoulder. "Sorry, I went a bit hard last night." Mihyun teased, Yooa pushed her off, no, definitely no Mihyun affection for now. I have to be a good daughter-in-law here. "Go shoo!" Yooa stood up again, walking her way to open the door for Mihyun who wouldn't stop giggling as she followed Yooa. 

 

"So.." Mihyun rested her forearm on the guest room's doorway, leaning against it as she looked back at Yooa who's holding the doorknob, ready to close the door. Yooa waited for Mihyun to speak, what? Goodness, Yooa hates and loves it whenever Mihyun smile so cheekily. How can she be so cute but annoying? Worried that Mihyun might notice her cheeks blushing, she immediately closed the door.

 

Mihyun on the other hand just laughed, Yooa heard Mihyun saying "I'll see you later." behind the door. 

 

Yooa smiled, heaving a deep sigh as she looked at the messy bed. Shower.. I gotta take a shower then I'll fold the sheets later. Yooa reminded herself before walking into the bathroom.

 

MIMI.

 

Mimi immediately went back to her bed as soon as she reached her room. She wants more sleep, it's too early. It's okay.. I always wake up late here. She thought. Closing her eye, Shiah appeared in her mind. It has become a hobby of Mimi's subconscious to show her Shiah every single time her mind is at rest. 

 

It's like a short 10-minute nap for Mimi when she woke up with the bright sunlight passing through her window, the dogs are even barking. Unlike the city, these kinds of moments are what makes Mimi's house feel like home to her. 

 

Mimi slowly sat up from her bed, yawning. She checked the clock; it's already 8:30 AM. It's been three hours..? But I still feel sleepy... Mimi was planning to sleep again when she heard a beep from her phone. Someone texted her. It could be from the groupchat so she tried to ignore it but Mimi is Mimi so she checked it. 

 

Jiho : I know you're enjoying there but you have to talk to me tonight or you'll regret it. 

 

C-Ah :p : Are you seriously sleeping til now? Come down after showering.

 

Those were the messages from Jiho and Shiah. Eh.. Mimi ran her fingers through her hair as she opens her inbox from Jiho, replying that she'll call her later. She decided not to reply to Shiah's text and got ready for shower. Her stomach feels empty too, she has to move quick. 

 

After showering, Mimi went out of her room, going straight downstairs. Her brother just came out of his room too as she passed by. He looked like he just really woke up.

 

"Good morning hyun, what time are we going out today?" He asks, ruffling his own hair as he walked next to Mimi. 

 

"Maybe after lunch?" Mimi answers, calculating the time they'll be spending for what they'll do later. Minhyuk nods, jogging ahead of Mimi on his way to the dining area. Mimi's cousin was sitting on his seat when Mimi walked in the dining are. Minhyuk sat next to the kid, asking Subin about his dream last night. Shiah must be in the kitchen. Mimi heard Shiah's and her mom's voice from the kitchen and they were really in there when she peeked in. 

 

"Oh Mihyun! Shiah here said she doesn't know how to cook and now I'm teaching her so she could cook for you in the future." Her mom says, smiling. She has the same aura from what she had yesterday when Mimi and Shiah came home. Shiah gave her a smile which Mimi returns. 

 

"Yeah mom, you sure she can learn that?" Mimi teased, earning a glare from her girlfriend. She chuckles and takes a piece of bread from the table. "I'll go call dad." Mimi announced as she pinched Shiah's cheek. Her mom just let out a soft chuckle at them.

 

"I'm pretty sure Shiah could do better soon." says Mrs. Kim.

 

--

 

"Minhyuk could be your tour guide then." Mr. Kim uttered, humming after he started munching on the fried egg and rice, later complimenting the way the food is cooked. They are in the same sitting arrangement from last night. Mrs. Kim and Minhyuk on either sides on the father, Mimi sitting next to her brother and Shiah on her mother, followed by her uncle and Subin. Mimi mentioned about their planned trip today. She already told her parents about it the other day and they agreed, supporting Mimi with her ideas.

 

"You're not coming dad?" Mimi asks, shoving a piece of egg roll in . Her dad used to go with her and her brother back then, the reason why strolling around the neighborhood became the siblings' hobby and bonding time. 

 

"I'm too old for that." He answers, followed by her uncle and Minhyuk's laugh. They started bickering and sharing jokes again like they usually do. Mimi glanced at Shiah who was just quietly listening to them talking. I'll make sure you'll have fun today.

 

YOOA.

 

The morning wind was gushing towards Yooa's face, the sunlight touching her exposed skin vaguely. She was hugging Mihyun's waist as they ride a bike. Mihyun's brother was just ahead of them with a little distance. Yooa have no idea on what they're about to do or where they're going, but Mihyun told her that she'll have fun so she trusted her. When was the last time I rode a bike? It was with her brother when she was a kid, but their father told them not to do it anymore because it's dangerous. 

 

Mihyun's province was actually near the sea, popular for tourists. Her house was in the middle of a common neighborhood but stands out because of how huge it is compared to the other houses. When they started biking earlier, they passed by a few farm where Yooa saw some horses which looked new to her, she only got to see those in pictures and TV. Yooa had seen a lot of these province sceneries from TV, since that was her only way of relaxing in the house. 

 

From the upper road where they currently are, Yooa could see a glimpse of the sea from the spaces between the trees on the sidewalk. Beautiful. She's wondering if they would go there. She hopes they will, although she didn't bring spare clothes, she'd just play with the water using her feet and it would be perfect.

 

"Here we are!" Minhyuk announced. Mihyun pressed the break gently before using her feet to finally stop the wheels from moving further. Yooa pulled away from Mihyun, fixing her hair through her cap (which was actually Mihyun's). The weather isn't really too humid, it was just warm enough because of the sunlight but there were cold breeze to neutralize the weather, even then, Yooa caught a few sweat on her neck. Mihyun immediately takes a face towel from her small backpack and took care of Yooa. She's so caring, how could I resist her? She's giving me all the reasons to fight for her.

 

Yooa eyed the surroundings, they were in front of a farm, but unlike those that they've passed by earlier, this one is wider. She could see a few workers guiding about five sheep into the sheep pen. After seconds, she felt Mihyun's arm on her shoulder. 

 

"This is our farm, actually my grandparents' but they gave it to us before they died." Mihyun said, her brother nodding as the three stood next to each other, observing the animals and their normal day in the farm. How lucky they are. They have people taking care of them even when they aren't asking for it. Yooa forces a smile, at least, watching them is more calming than thinking about her family. 

 

"This is where Mihyun first practiced biking." Minhyuk narrated, even pointing out an open space in the field. He's really doing his job as a tourguide. "She wasn't good, she keeps falling down like an idiot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" And also as Mihyun's brother, Minhyuk bluffed and laughed when Mihyun tried to hit him. The two started running, Minhyuk even hid behind Yooa's small figure. 

 

"Hey! Not fair!" Mihyun pouts, pulling Yooa towards her who blushed because of whatever reason or whatever Mihyun did. Or maybe I am just so whipped that all of her actions affects me.

 

In the end, they sat down on the sidewalk. For some reasons, watching the farm became interesting for Yooa. The air is moderately just passing through the area. The noise from the farm is calm as well. The few clouds are enough to cover the sunlight every now and then. The only odd thing for Yooa is how the grass in the field are only half cut. It's as if the worker has to go on a break and left the remaining grass stand taller than the others. It's the same grass that they use to feed the sheep right? Minhyuk said that they will go inside the sheep pen later after 10 minutes.

 

"Should I check if we can go in now?" Mihyun asks, her small backpack was on her lap where their intertwined hands are resting. Yooa looked at Minhyuk, hoping that he'll volunteer to go check instead so she could be alone with Mihyun but he just nodded, "Sure, be fast." He says.

 

Mihyun looked at Yooa for a moment, smiling at her before letting go of her hand. She placed the backpack on Yooa's lap. Yooa thought she'll go already but Mihyun patted her head, not in a nice way because Mihyun purposedly messed up Yooa's fixed hair on her cap. 

 

"Hey!" Yooa yelled at her, slapping Mihyun's hand off her head. She pouted as Mihyun ran into the farm, laughing at Yooa's annoyed face. 

 

"I think she got that from me." Minhyuk proudly says, also watching Mihyun walking through the grass. 

 

"Yeah, thanks for teaching her how to tease." She answers sarcastically. Maybe it was because Minhyuk is Mihyun's brother that Yooa gets pretty comfortable around him. 
 

"You know.. our Mihyun, do you love her that much?" Minhyuk asks, now facing Yooa. Oh.. I know where this is going.

 

Yooa nodded without hesitation. "Yes, she's my comfort zone." That's right. The only term to describe Mihyun, Yooa feels the safest with Mihyun. But sometimes, we have to endure the pain before we enjoy our comfort zones. 

 

A smile grew on Minhyuk's lips, Yooa could tell that it was genuine. How nice it is to see Mihyun's brother talking to her girlfriend like this. Yooa wonders if Junsun would do the same to Mihyun, maybe he will.. soon. Because unlike Minhyuk, Junsun is much more over-protective. "That's nice.  I actually thought Mimi was aual, she rarely or never have told me about anyone she likes until she met you."

 

Oh? 

 

"I'm guessing she's Yooaual." Minhyuk added which caused a giggle to Yooa. That's cute.. But thinking about it, Yooa only ever become interested with someone when it was Mihyun.

 

"How about you? Why aren't you dating anyone yet?" Yooa asks, Minhyuk is older than her and Mihyun, he's got visuals too, and he seems nice. Yooa found it weird that he's still single.

 

"I'm not interested.. and dad promised me he'll find a girl for me." 

 

He's just like me. 

 

"Are you really not interested?" Yooa asks, she used to be like him, she used to think like him. Thinking that she's not interested but she had enough. Look at her now, she couldn't even let go of Mihyun. Her dad literally told her that he will get her a husband, which she finds ridiculous. There's no such happiness with that kind of set-up in this generation.

 

"I'm not sure. After I finished high school, my parents started training me on some business meetings, teaching me how to do this and that." Minhyuk cleared his throat before continuing, "And I kind of like it, I earn money because of my interests -- cars. I choose cars over girls to be honest." He joked, chuckling to himself.

 

"But for real, I would want a wife who likes me so much because I'm handsome and a daughter to play with.. soon. I'm sure my parents would be happy with that too." He says, crossing his arms as he looked at Yooa who was quietly listening to him. 

 

"I know what you're thinking." Minhyuk paused then points on the grassy field. "Those grasses are just like every family in the world. They all grew up together as one, even when someone outside from the family tries to change a part of you, it won't change the fact that you've been with your family."

 

He's right. Why is he so good at this? Are young adults tend to talk like this?

 

"What I'm saying is that, even after everything, family is family. Even when I want something different from my parents' plans from me, I just tried my best to find a way that will satisfy all of us." He added. There they saw Mihyun walking out of the small building where she went earlier. 

 

"I'm not saying that you should break up with Mihyun. I don't want my sister to be sad because of that. You're smart, you know your family more than anyone and you know what I mean." Minhyuk patted Yooa's shoulder as he stood up, walking to ask Mihyun on what the workers said. Yooa was left alone thinking.

 

Should I talk to them? Yooa fished her phone from Mihyun's backpack, clicking on the contacts where she has her father's phone number on the 1st speed dial number. Minhyuk was right, maybe Yooa could just talk it out to her family. They would understand. She hopes they would.

 

"Shiah? Let's go, Minhyuk's already waiting inside." That was Mihyun standing across Yooa. Hm.. I'll just think about this later. 

 

"You know, when I was in elementary, I used to come here every lunch time. I run from my school then I sneak through that mini forest back there." Mihyun tells the story as they walk through the grassy field. Yooa chuckles, "You really find your way to enjoy your day, huh?" She says while pinching Mihyun's arm, the latter laughing in agreement. 

 

"Well.. When I was a kid, I just wait for my mom to pick me up from school." Yooa shared, and smiled when Mihyun looked at her. 

 

"That's nice. Mom never got to pick me up from school because I always run around." Mihyun responds, and the mood becomes brighter again with her smile. 

 

"Hey! Walk faster!" Minhyuk shouted from afar. The couple looked at each other, giggling. "The last one to get there will be bitten!" Mihyun says before running fast, though Yooa tried to run that fast as well, Mihyun was faster, and of course she lost.

 

--

 

Mihyun earned a hit from Yooa once again, she caused a bite mark on her arm, a literal bite mark. It wasn't serious and it might disappear later but still, Mihyun deserves a hit for biting Yooa. Minhyuk just kept laughing at them as Mihyun and Yooa fight each other earlier because of Mihyun's bite. After the farm experience, Minhyuk told them that they won't be bringing their bikes. At first, Yooa thought they will just walk into the forest because that's where Minhyuk was leading them but when they passed a few trees, Yooa saw a small space with something big material covered by a thick blanket. Which soon revealed as motorbikes.. So they have these too..

 

"Aahh.. This is why I rarely see these anymore, you kept them here." Mihyun says, walking closer to touch the engine. Yooa looked around, if it weren't because of the trees, it would be too bright in that area where they are at now. The trees are big enough to block much of the sunlight. How could everything today be calm? Yooa feels like this place is the best place for healing. Mihyun did the right choice of bringing her here.

 

"Dad told me to not use these a lot so I just stored them here. We can use them and go to the seaside." seaside. At the mention of that word, Yooa's eyes sparkled. We're finally going there! And she can't be more excited. Minhyuk passed the helmets to the two of them then wore his own.

 

"Do you know how to drive this?" Yooa asks as she sat behind Mihyun who's ready to drive her motorbike, Minhyuk on their right smirked. "Don't worry, Shiah. She wouldn't get you killed, maybe." He says before starting the engine. 

 

"Hey! I can drive this okay!" Mihyun started the engine too, she takes Yooa's arms and placed them on her waist. "Trust me." She says, winking at Yooa. 

 

"Ya, stop winking idiot." Yooa scolds her, leaning against Mihyun's back. Mihyun must stop because she will turn into a red cherry soon if she won't.

 

"Ready?" Minhyuk asks. The two nodding. "Okay, I'll meet you guys there." He says as he boosted off to the main road.

 

"Shiah. When we go out there, I want you to scream all your worries out. Okay?" 

 

Sighing, Yooa nodded with a smile. She would. 

 

and she did. 

 

HUFFS. PUFFS. Yooa should be feeling tired with all the screaming she did back there, should be weary but instead, she feels good. no. So much better.

 

"Success?" Mihyun asks, helping her out on removing her helmet. Yooa nodded immediately. "Yes, I loved it. Are your ears okay?" She asks, worrying. Mihyun shook her head. 

 

"The machine is loud and the wind made the sound softer so I'm okay." Mihyun assures her. 

 

"Wow, that's one hella good ride. I heard a girl screaming meters behind me." Minhyuk started teasing when Mihyun and Yooa walked to his position; sitting on a bench next to a big rock by the sea. It was a beach resort. Yooa could see some people in uniform and cap, must be their uniform. Minhyuk finally stood up from his prince-sitting position. The three decided to take a walk, Mihyun in between.

 

"Is this your family's too?"  Yooa asks as she tries to kick off the tiny wave of water going towards her sandals.

 

"Nope." 

 

"No, it was our uncle's. Yes, him, and his own."  

 

Yooa smiled, she looked at the siblings next to her. For the first time in her life, she missed Junsun. They both became busy and many things happened to Yooa that she didn't notice how she actually loves being with her brother. Sure they fight, but Junsun takes care of her genuinely. 

 

Looking back at everything that happened today, Yooa realized how her life and Mihyun were similar and different in many aspects. They are both blessed with their family's business but Mihyun's parents focused a lot on making their kids comfortable around them while Yooa's parents were too workaholic. Mihyun spent her early years enjoying in this neighborhood, with a nice weather, a sight of the sea and the nature enveloping the province which makes it more chill for the people to live. Meanwhile, Yooa woke up in the city, where everything is always hectic, may it be the people or the surrounding itself. 

 

"You okay? Want to eat?" Mihyun asks her and she finally went back to reality. 

 

Yooa finally has a conclusion.

 

--

 

"Kim Mihyun, please stop sobbing right there. It's not like she won't come back." Yooa scolded Mihyun who was busy texting Jiho while holding a roll of tissue on her bed. This morning, Jiho sent all of them a message saying she's leaving to study at the US. She didn't tell the reason in detail but it looks like she will be staying there until she graduates. 

 

After the tour guided by Minhyuk yesterday, they went straight to the Kim's house again to have dinner. Although it was really fun, Yooa can't deny her body's exhaustion. So she immediately took a rest after eating. They left early this morning to go back to the city and here Yooa is, on Mihyun's apartment, sitting on the chair across Mihyun's bed where the other girl is lying down at. 

 

"I was tired yesterday.. I told her I would call her but I forgot about it and now she's.." Mihyun paused, sobbing through the piece of tissue. "She's not picking up." She continues as she wipes off the tear on her eye. Mihyun might be all chill about everything but Yooa knew Mihyun always had this soft side for the people around her. The only thing that she discovers today is that.. Mihyun would also cry because of her friends. She remembered Minhyuk's question from the other day. 

 

"did Mimi cry in front of you?" 

 

Now, yes. But Yooa didn't expect she'd be crying because of someone else. Not that she's jealous of Jiho, she just wonders what she'd feel if Mihyun would cry because of her. 

 

Because all this time, Mihyun had always been Yooa's crying shoulder.

 

"Mihyun, you know she'll make fun of you once she finds out that you're crying because of this, right?" Yooa leans towards Mihyun, taking the tissue roll away from her and wiping the remaining tears on Mihyun's face by herself. Mihyun nodded, looks like she has calmed down now. 

 

"Stop sobbing now, or I'll tell her." Yooa warned, Mihyun immediately rubbed her eyes, forcing a small smile, which Yooa finds cute. She's really like a bear.

 

"Hmm.. but Shiah, when are you planning to talk to your dad?" 

 

"I don't know.." No, I have plans. 

 

"You will have to face your parents, it's not okay to leave everyrhing just like that." Mihyun tells her, taking all the used tissues in her hand and standing up to put them all in the trashbin.

 

"Fine, I will go tomorrow" It has to be tomorrow because she doesn't have any class tomorrow and has an upcoming assessment on Thursday. She should do it tomorrow or else she'll get busier.

 

Mihyun looked back at her, confused. "Tomorrow? I have to review for exams tomorrow.. I can't-" Yooa cut her off. 

 

"I'll talk to them alone first, Mihyun. Don't worry." 

 

"Are you sure?" Am I sure? Now that they knew about her relationship with Mihyun, she wouldn't just deal with her strict parents about her grades but about her self. In any case, she still has to talk to them. Somehow, whatever Minhyuk told her yesterday gave her courage to do so.

 

"Yeah, your brother is kinda good with words just like you"

 

"Aww, really? Who's better?"

 

"Him, because you use that ability to flirt."

 

"Final answer?"

 

"No- I'm joking!"

 

--

 

Mii : I bought coffee for reviewing later. Take care love <3

 

Yooa chuckles. Mihyun rarely uses the "love" nickname, they usually just call each other with 'Mihyun' and 'Shiah'. The message was from 2 hours ago but she only read it now because she was sleeping. At around 4 PM, Yooa started preparing to go out. She's sure her parents would be at home at 6 PM because Junsun told her. She asked her brother this morning to pick her up, which Junsun gladly agreed to. HE might be silent but Yooa knows he's also worried because of what happened. 

 

The whole ride was quiet, even Junsun who always teased Yooa 24/7 is silent. When he came earlier, he just asked Yooa how she's doing and Yooa told him about her trip to Jeju, Mihyun's province. But that's it, maybe it's not the right time to talk about it yet. 

 

"Just.. let them talk first before answering, okay? Calm yourself first and think of the right words to say. Don't forget to put some respect in your remarks. You know dad hates it." Junsun finally speaks as he parks the car in front of their house.Yooa sighed. If he didn't say that, I would've shouted my thoughts off.

 

Yooa hopped off the car. Nothing changed in the house.. or mansion, of course. Nothing would change whether I'm here or not. 

 

Junsun walked ahead of Yooa, and the latter followed quietly. From the living room, Yooa could hear her parents talking upstairs. Junsun told her to sit on the couch first. Wow. I feel like a guest here. Funny, Yooa now knows how his father's business partners feel whenever they were asked to stay in the livign room and wait for Mr. Yoo. 

 

"What a nice daughter, coming back here to apologize to her parents." Her father speaks as he walked downstairs, her mother and Junsun following behidn him. Yooa kept quiet and waited until all four of them are in the living room. 

 

"Shiah. Are you staying here now?" Her mother asks with worry. Yooa looked at her, she wants to nod and say she will but she knows it wouldn't be good for her.

 

"She can't, unless she tells me everything by herself." The father kept a straight face, he isn't even looking at Yooa. What should I do now? Should I just apologize about my grades? Or tell him about Mihyun..

 

"I.." Yooa's voice cracked, she's scared. Her courageous self suddenly went missing when his father appeared in front of her. She looked at her mom, there were meaning behind those eyes. It seems like her mom wants her to speak about Mihyun. 

 

"I'm dating Mihyun.. Mr. Kim's daughter." Yooa spoke, closing her eyes. Her heart was beating fast because she was too nervous. Surprisingly, her father didn't threw the vase on the floor, like those fathers in the dramas who does that when they're mad. 

 

"Did you ask her parents to be my business partner because of this? So you could freely date their daughter? And made me look like a fool?" What? No. Definitely no. How the hell did he get that idea? 

 

Yooa's mother seemed surprise too. Yooa shook her head. "No dad-"

 

"Are you seriously doing this nonsense? You know that I would hate seeing you like this." He says calmly, but it was like he's a volcano, an active one, going to blast off soon once he gets really angry.

 

"I'm sorry, dad.. But-" 

 

"If you want to continue being my daughter, you will break up with her." Huh.. I knew it. I knew he will do this. 

 

If Yooa was the 'Yooa' before, she would've cried right here. She would have kneeled down, asking for her father's forgiveness. But.. she isn't no matter hwo heavy her heart is right now, she still feel composed. No, I'm just trying hard. She's faking it, she wants to act strong but she feels so bad that she has come to this situation. Her father is basically making her choose between Mihyun and her family. 

 

And that's what scares her the most. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, dad.." Yooa says once again. 

 

"Shiah.." Her mom spoke, taking her hand. "This won't do you any good, you know that, right?" 

 

"Let her choose." Mr. Yoo says, now finally looking at Yooa. Yooa's heart felt heavier than ever. She knows that her father is serious. Yes, he wouldn't budge even if he lose a daughter, his only daughter. 

 

"I'm a grown-up now.. Mom, Dad. Like Junsun, I can and want to decide on what I like.. I-It's not easy to be your daughter.. but I'm trying hard to be one." There were more than a thousand words Yooa could say, but she can't. She reached her limit. It seems like if Yooa decides to speak again, her father would force her out. 

 

"I'm really sorry, dad. Mom." Yooa stood up, her hands were trembling. She waited for her parents to respond but they stayed silent. I guess that's it. 

 

MIMI.

 

Mimi opened her eyes. The hell, I slept again? She got up from leaning on her book. Her cheek feels numb, she's thankful that the pages of her book was smooth or else there would be a mark on her cheek. She stretched her arms, yawning as she held on her nape. Her neck aches too. She takes her reading glasses on the table and wore it, before she checks the clock.

 

It's already past 10 PM. She's almost done reviewing if she didn't fall sleep. Sigh, She took the paper cup where she drank her coffee earlier and threw it on the trashbin next to her table. She remembers she even told Shiah that she's buying the coffee to stay awake and it didn't even help her. OH . 

 

Shiah. How is she? Mihyun completely forgot to check her girlfriend. She was too busy all day reviewing. Did it go well? She stood up, hopping towards her bed where she placed her phone earlier. 

 

Damn. 3 missed calls? 4 messages. All of them from Shiah. 

 

C-ah :p : Mi.

C-ah :p : Pleasr pkck yp your phonr..

C-ah :p : he wanrs me to break up with yoi

C-ah :p : mihyun.

 

3 hours ago. . 

 

--

 

Mihyun immediately took her room keys from the side table and ran out of her room. She almost forgot closing the lights of her room from running. After locking the door, she continued running hastly towards Shiah's apartmert. She's worried. This just meant that the talk didn't end well, Shiah might be breaking down again. Mihyun almost tripped a few times, Shiah's room was on the third floor of the building. It's okay. Her thin pyjama had a scratch when she crashed on the stairs. Still, she continued running.. or walking fast because she's slowly getting tired.

 

When she finally reached Shiah's room, she knocked right away. There wasn't any response so she tried to open the door, hoping it is left open and it really was. 

 

There, Mihyun saw her girlfriend crying, again, hugging her knees as she sat on her bed. Mihyun came to her, hugging Shiah in instant. Has she been sobbing like this for hours? Mihyun sighed as she continued to soothe Shiah. She has seen Shiah crying a lot but it starts to hurt her too whenever she sees her girlfriend's tears.

 

Shiah went straight to her apartment after her talk with her father. Junsun wanted to drive for her but she refused. She doesn't want her brother to see her crying. As soon as she entered her room, she started to cry her heart out. Sure, she always hated being at home but what happened today could be her last time seeing her family. She doesn't know if her father would ever let her visit there, she doesn't even know how she'll live now after her father told her about being his daughter and such. She tried calling Mihyun but there was no answer at all, maybe she's just really busy. I hate it, I hate how I'm alone right now. 

 

She fell asleep for about an hour, but still.. the unusual pain was still there, Shiah knew she'd cry any moment again. I hate this. Why is this so hard? Crying at her room again, there was a knock on the door. It was Mihyun, still on her pajamas, her hair messy, bits of sweat on her forehead. Did she just wake up? She must've ran straight to her apartment when she woke up. 

 

Again, Mihyun was there for me.

 

--

 

The next morning, Shiah was hugging Mimi in her bed when Mimi woke up. Mimi kissed her girlfriend's forehead, remembering how much she cried to her last night. She knew Shiah always cried because of her family but this time, she felt her pain. It was like she knew this is one of Shiah's worst days. And I feel bad for sleeping when she called me.

 

"You have an exam... later, right?" Shiah asks with a sleepy voice. Mimi hummed, good thing she alreay reviewed all the difficult topics, she wouldn't have any trouble with the remaining lessons that she didin't get to view last night when she fell asleep. 

 

Shiah sat up, Mimi following her. "I'm sorry about last night, I knew you were busy, I shouldn't have called you.." Shiah paused when Mimi kissed her cheek. 

 

"It's okay, I was just sleeping, don't worry." She assures her, Shiah still looked bothered though. A few seconds after, Shiah looked down and that's when Mimi realized that she earned a wound from when she tripped on the stairs last night. She was about to say it's okay when Shiah shifted from her position, taking an alcohol and a pack of cotton balls from her cabinet. 

 

"Stay still." Her girlfriend says as she starts treating the wound on Mimi's knee. Mimi couldn't help but smile while watching her girlfriend. Even when Mimi tells herself that she can comfort Shiah, she also knows that there was more pain in Shiah's chest that she wouldn't be able to heal because it's her family who could do it. 

 

"I'll take a shower first so we could go to school together." Shiah said after cleaning the wound and stood up. Although there was a smile on her face, Mimi knows that she isn't okay. The smile on her face failed to hide the sadness in her eyes. 

 

"I'll cook, do you have eggs here?" Mimi stood up as well, Shiah went to take a set of clothing on her closet and hung her towel on her shoulder humming just right after Mimi opened her fridge, checking the stored food in there. 

 

"Please don't put too much salt." Shiah requested before walking in the bathroom. Mimi nodded at her and sets the eggs down on the counter. She already cooked a few times for Shiah's breakfast before so she's already familiar with her kitchen.

 

Mimi opened the faucet to wash her face first. But just after she washed her face, she heard a knock on Shiah's door. Who could it be?

 

She takes her face towel and wiped it swiftly on her face as she walked towards the door to check who was it. Did Shiah ordered something days ago? I can't remember. Or maybe... could it be our friends?

 

No. It was Mr. Yoo.