2 - Practice Room

Places With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nako is a trainee in Company J in Korea. She left her Japan home 2 years ago to audition to become a K-pop idol. To keep on chasing for her dream, she work as a part-timer in Korea to sustain her life. She was accepted to a few smaller companies before she joins Company J. Nako is a hardworking trainee that always pushes her limits. The one-room apartment that she rents is nearby the company so that it is easier for her to travel as she always practices from early in the morning to late at night. This helps her to maximize the time she got for practicing. She likes to cover Twice's dances as she idolizes them.

However, this company is a bit weird in the way of handling the trainees. Most of the time, the trainees will be placed together and trained together. This company segregated their trainees for the first 2 months when they were being accepted. They said that they want to see how the trainees improve independently and there will be evaluated every 2 weeks to check on their progress. Since the company is a big company they have lots of practice rooms and recording rooms. Level 1 is a company cafe. Level 2 and Level 3 is for the trainees who just being accepted and level 4 and 5 is for trainees the pass their 2 months evaluation being trained in groups. Meanwhile, for level 6 and 7, the floors are respectively only for the company's just debuted groups and exclusively for their top-grossing girl and boy groups 

Recently, there was a new batch of trainees just got accepted and being shown around the company buildings by their floor manager. She heard some commotion outside her room about a new fluffy cheek trainee but she doesn't pay attention to the conversation. 

It's almost 2.00 A.M., Twice's Cheer up was playing on its last verse. Nako dance to the last verse with power. 

"Ah! I'm dead" she thought lying down on the floor. 

"I better pack up and leave... It's late and tomorrow will need to be back to train by 7.00 A.M.", Nako thought to herself. She got up, packed her bag, and checked whether she left anything. She then turn off all the lights and walk out of her practice room. 

Nako looked around to check the building around. It was strange as there is a room at the end of the hallway beaming with lights. Curiously, she walked to the practice room to check whether there is anyone in there. 

Walking slowly to the stream of brightness, approaching the practice room, she slowly pushes the door open. 

"Sorry to interrupt, just checking around!" Nako said while she pushes the door. There stands a girl, with puffy cheeks, stunned, froze in her dance moves that she is practicing. Nako froze as well as she was staring at the lady.

"Ah! Oh my. She is cute!" Nako squeals inside of her mind. 

"Hi! I'm Nako. Nice to meet you. Sorry to startle you." Nako breaks the ice and walks to the other slowly. 

Hitomi bows down 90 degrees while stutters while greeting back to the small girl. "Hh- hhii-ii! I'm ah... uhmmm Hitomi. Dozo yoroshiku oneigaishimasu! (please take care of me)

Ah! Nihonjjin desu? (Ah! You're a Japanese?), Nako asked as Hitomi replied to her in Japanese. 

"Yes, I am, sunbae-nim. I am new around here." Hitomi smiles beamingly to Nako. Her cheeks even rounder when she smiles.  

"So she is the one that everyone is talking about. The puffy cheek~" Nako thought to herself. While Nako is checking the other out, the girl was mesmerized with Nako's petite body as well. "She is so small. So cute~", Hitomi stare at the smaller one.  

"You are not going back yet? It's already 2.30 a.m." Nako said while looking at her watch snapping Hitomi back to the reality. 

"Ah... yup.. I'm going now. It's really late" Hitomi walked to the corner of the practice room to take her bags. She turned off the lights and walk to Nako. 

Nako waited for her to turn off the lights and come out from the practice room. When the girl is out of her practice room, Nako approached the girl. They both walked together to the company's discrete backdoor for trainees.  

"Where do you live? Shall I walk you there?" Nako asked. 

"I live nearby only. At the Wiz Apartment nearby here!" Tomi replied. 

"Eh!!!!!" Nako exclaimed. "I live

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter