I died, huh?

Your Weird Mourning

Sana thought that too bad she had died a young age

 

What bad? Is it that really bad?

Grinding every day in life was not even called living at all. Her life recently was almost all for her job. And she thinks that her workforce would be able to replace her easily. She can only slightly wish that at least she should be remembered as a hard working corporate slave.

 

She laughs in her head at her misfortune and too much of an ordinary life.

 

Might as well move on.

 

Describing where she was right now, she really doesn't know what concept of afterlife the different cultures that had truly transpired in front of her. She was in a place that was a sea of people forming hundreds of lines and chatters. And their appearances seem a bit.. deadly?

 

There are lots of people wearing the clothes that are alike to the one who died in funerals. As she followed the herd, she found herself listening to the other's affairs and joining them. And this was what occupied her to the weeks she kept in line until she finally was near to the post.

 

She learned in those days that they lined for the population registration office gate, there was another girl from another side of the line that was new so they were curious about her.

 

Sana asked: “How did you die?”

 

“Our classmates and I went out for a swim and encountered some sharks.”

 

“Oh.. so you’re bitten to death?”

 

“Actually no,” the girl shook her head innocently. “The shark didn’t even threw a glance at me but when I was fleeing for my life, I accidentally swam behind a shark’s tail. When it swung its tail and felt it on my feet, I fainted.”

 

“...”

 

The girl in a hospital gown which she made a friend these days in her back answered instead in Sana’s speechless state. “It’s really miserable, but it’s good, there was no pain in death.”

 

The new girl smiled, “Yes, you, how did you die?” When Sana told her story again, the girl quietly replied, “You seem to have it worse than me.”

 

“Nah.. It’s fine, so don’t blame.” She smiled without grievances evidence in her face so the girl was reassured. “By the way, why does this take so long?”

 

The moment Sana said that, it was time for elderly in front her to get inside the register.

 

"Name?"

 

"..."

 

"Name?"

 

".. What?!" 

 

In her front was a woman in her eighties and in the days Sana knew her, she observed the other cannot hear properly due to old age.

 

Now this man from the post finally knows what she was suffering for these weeks.

 

It took an hour for them to finish and Sana doesn't know if she's laughing since the post was frustrated and was having a hard time in the whole session that he doesn't hide it in his face anymore. Or she needs to cry because she really needs to finish these tormenting days of wait in this line.

 

It seems like the young girl in her back seems to knew her mood. The young girl who wears a hospital gown that hide her thin body peeked at Sana's expression and smiled in amusement. She thought that this person was like a person who was stood up on her date. The girl chuckled, "Sana-unnie, it seems like you're being impatient."

 

Sana was caught yet she laughed with her, "well, who wouldn't? I'm curious and tired for days. Who knows what's the other side out there?"

 

The young girl smiled, "See? You're too impatient, if the other side is something that did not go with your expectations. You'll be puking blood."

 

"All my blood was already out of my body, what's there to puke for?" They both laugh with the easy atmosphere.

 

"Ah.. I know, there must be the left liquids. How about the 60% water?"

 

"What liquids? Our body was dried long ago. You know, these days if I can pee again, I would be jumping in joy. "

 

"Nonsense, Sana-unnie. There are no restrooms here."

 

They both keep jester with one another to pass the time. Until she saw that the elderly walked in the direction going to the gate with a blinding light like the sun.

 

"Next!" The man in the post shouted with his hands in his forehead massaging it. Seems like he's really stressed with that elderly.

 

"Name?"

 

"Minatozaki Sana"

 

The man works swiftly without idle chat so Sana only obediently became quiet in front of him.

 

After Sana's approximation of ten minutes, he spoke, "Minatozaki Sana, female, 26 years old, Japanese, live in Seoul City and died from several stab wounds reason of an another's revenge on society. There's zero amount of valuables and properties that was held or bestowed upon before and after death."

 

".. What?" She cannot keep up with this kind of information.

 

After reading this, the man gave a sigh of pity, “You, young people, why didn’t you practice in your life saving some of your money? Have you been doing nothing for so many years? Unexpectedly, the deposit is actually zero. Oh, life, such great failure.” 

 

She was dumbfounded. She has life savings of a million Korean won and she has Japanese bank account that had a good amount for her travels in Japan which still wasn't used. Where did it go? Is this man from the post lying to me? Am I being robbed from this underworld?

 

She frowned: “But I have saved thirty million KRW, not to mention the savings for my travel plans.”

 

The old man coldly said: “It’s gone, all your savings have been moved to your stepmother’s card.”

 

She was flabbergasted: “That’s not right. The company should take all my wages that didn’t get to my other card. My stepmother doesn’t know about that card. Was it still moved?”

 

The old man turned his file again and answered: “No, your boss didn’t do it.”

 

Sana’s eyes widened in surprise, “Preposterous! The efficiency of the financial office of our company was the best. They should have sent money quickly.”

 

The old man only looked at her without expression, “I don’t believe you. You see, your company didn’t give you a penny or reimburse your pension. As I see in the report, your corpse was dealt with by your boss but you haven’t had a funeral that’s why even your property after your death was zero.”

 

"Wait, wait.. She didn’t make a funeral for me?"

 

She wasn’t surprised that Dahyun was the one who had to deal with her unmoving body after. Since she’s been long out of touch with her so-called left family. So if something happens, Dahyun will only be the one to have a say. Did she only dump her body in the river? or contribute it to science? I mean the latter was good but what if it was the first? She's thinking nonsense, Dahyun wouldn't do that.

 

Sana would always thought during her more than a month waiting in this registration in the underworld, Dahyun would have given her a grand funeral and her company colleagues would have attended. Even after having a tragic death, she was already happy enough thinking that Dahyun would grab a microphone and said to everyone, "Minatozaki Sana-sama was my best friend and most powerful subordinate." Sana was so happy to roll when that scene played in her head and Dahyun would express her sorrows towards her. She also laughed when she guessed that maybe Dahyun would decide to give fifty percent of her shares for just some goodbye contribution and gratitude so that she would be a rich woman in after life.

 

Sana was in a daze of confusion and she blinked, “What’s the use of this earnings I would get if the people prayed peace for me? How much would be the price?”

 

“You can’t use it, just a number. However it emphasizes how many people remember and think of you.” The old man looked at her blankly, “you know, this only rarely happened. And it’s all to the most deadly people that have been convicted to death.”

 

Minatozaki Sana did not hold back her anymore, “Motherer! What’s wrong with that Dahyun?! Why does she have to let me down! I have to go back!”