Chapter 3: This boss of her was overreacting

Your Weird Mourning

Sana did not and cannot make that happen. She’s already dead and the underworld prohibits her from coming back on Earth. So she was pushed out of the door when she keeps yelling that it was unfair and that her boss was a two-faced !

 

She did not move to another life and hasn’t crossed yet thus when her newly made friend that has finished was approaching her. The girl who was dressed with a hospital gown mysteriously smiled as if holding a big secret. “Unnie, it’s a good decision that you haven’t moved on yet.”

 

Sana snorted, “Why? Because no one prayed for me to move on so then I can’t?”

 

“Don’t be so irate, you will need to hear what I have to say first.”

 

“I'm fine, so speak.” She then gave a big sigh after and glanced at the young girl.

 

The girl chuckled, “Okay, you know, according to my sources, there’s a black market in the world.”

 

Sana was blown away and gave a giggle, “What are you spouting nonsense for?!”

 

“You see, the number that has measured your properties or valuables in the underworld, it can actually make you buy things in this market for your next life. Like some good fortune for more of a pretty appearance.”

 

Sana humphed, and wanted to tell that appearances doesn't matter at all! What does she care?

 

What do you mean? It matters too much! People only appreciate what's outside after all.

 

Sensing that she won’t have a response, the young girl giggled, "And it can also buy you a good pair of parents."

 

Now Sana looks at her with surprise and eventually decides without doubt that she wants that benefit. She really needs to come back to the real world and hunt who has a link with her for them to ask forgiveness and pray for her to move on.

 

Sana pondered and was out of the topic: "How do you know this?"

 

"Because I’m diligent and would observe my surroundings first so I asked people about it. Unlike you which were lazy, I actually researched a lot."

 

"..."

 

"Now go, the direction to come back was to follow that other blinding light opposite of this gate."

 

".. Eh?" Sana was still dumbfounded, “Really?”

 

“Yes. I swear in my deathbed.”

 

“You're already dead. Anyway, you’re amazing, kid!” She couldn't help but hug her and give her huge thanks. The girl reciprocates it with her contagious laughter. “What kid? I’m only five years younger than you.”

 

“Thank you! I owe you so much.”

 

“Okay.”

 

"You're not kidding, right?"

 

"I'm not, but what would you lose if you don't try."

 

"Fine, I'll go.. May the heaven official's blessing be within you next life." Then Sana was running to the direction the girl pointed her to and she closed her eyes to protect herself with the rays. She grew huge anticipation in her heart and before she knew it, she's back in the front of the building where she worked for years and she even died here to momentarily become a lame hero. She peeks at the phones of other people on the sidewalk purposely to see the date. She realized that it was already a month and a half after she died.

Sana already sets her first destination. This junior of her should suffer from her that she would writhe in pain crawling away from her. If she already tasted the worst in her past life then she will have a new taste of wrath of a fierce ghost!

 

Did this boss of her only curse her to hell? Then forget about her the next day? Now, this Minatozaki Sana, will let you cry frightened to death and will bring you to hell with me.

 

Sana laughs with her thoughts, she knew she cannot do that to her junior. Besides she would become an avenging ghost and would be stuck in this world suffering from her actions if she let her anger swallowed her. She should really stop watching those horror movies.

 

How could she gave a message to Dahyun though? Without frightening her?

 

She sighs when she has no answers yet and decided to plan when she arrived.

 

Sana thinks again about her life savings again and the money for travel plans that she worked hard for. She was not surprised to hear that her stepmom instantly stole it the moment she died. And since she's only a ghost and did not have a physical body. She cannot go to the bank and complains with the wrong passing of her fortune. She doesn't have an another family to pass it into so she did not plan it when she's still alive. Thus immediately, her pretend family of a step mother and stepbrother that can be written in papers, have all of her money sent to them. Sana felt remorseful with this shameless stuck-up step-mother of her. She felt like those characters in ancient royalty novels that she was strategized to die so that the others can benefit from power and fortune she earned. She sighs with these pathetic events and much worse she can't do anything about it even if she can step in this world. It seems like she's not really important at all to be remembered and no one helped her. The news of her existence was easily passed as talk to the corner of ears to the people that knew her. What's the point of going back again?

 

Thinking till up this point, she arrived in her destination. Dahyun's house was near to the company and Sana arrived thereafter not expecting what she saw in front of her.

 

She saw her boss very pale. Even though it's normal that she's abnormally pale, this sight in front of her truly has no color left in her face. When she's already thin the last she saw her, this girl in front of her seems to be only bones now, a small flick of her finger would cause her to fall. She's wearing track pants and a white shirt and it seems like she hasn't taken a bath in a few days and she sits on the floor focusing on something she doesn't understand.

 

What's with this situation?! Is Dahyunnie sick? Then she should be in the hospital. Why is there no one taking care of her? Where are her parents?

 

Then she remembered that Dahyun's parents live miles away from her and were already retired from the center of the capital's business world and passed it to his older brother and her. Since she doesn't have a personal assistant, she, Minatozaki Sana, was the only one taking care of her.

 

What to do with this information?!

 

Sana even think that she would party day and night these days now that the strict and uptight her to Dahyun was gone and would have gained weight. Not to mention, the junk foods or chocolate cake she would fastly eat now that no one would scold her that makes her ears bleed. But it's obvious that this girl in front of her was starving and hurting herself. Did something happen?

 

Sana plans to observe first. She neared her face to see the other. And she sees the dark unfocused gaze and sterned circles under her eyes. There are several albums in which she kept staring at since it was close so she came back to realize and notice that Dahyun seems to be holding and hugging.. a pot?

 

No, it's an urn.

 

What's with this revelation?!

 

Did someone important to her boss die? Or the people from her circle that she regretted upon?

 

I'm the one that has recently died. It couldn't be me, right?

 

Then to answer Sana's question, the girl in front of her muttered with her left tiny hoarse voice.

 

"I'm sorry." Dahyun slowly put down the urn in her grasp and the tears in her eyes were already falling. She was holding herself to the floor as if to prevent herself from falling more from weakness. She picked up the album and opened a page. "Sana-unnie, I'm sorry." It was both their pictures when they were younger!

 

Sana stared at the pathetic state of Dahyun again and felt a knife that stabs her heart. She really can't apprehend such a predicament! That’s where she understood, she still did not know many things about her boss and it’s the only surface that she has a grasp upon in their relationship.

 

Unknowingly in just an instant, Sana has to think about life again.