Chapter 8.2

Your Weird Mourning

Dahyun did not know what to say. She really can’t speak of advice or a blessing for Sana. Her heart’s a mess and her thoughts were jumbled that could push her to breakdown at any moment. The silence after the question was dragged out when Sana after seeing Dahyun in a mess, she immediately said something else to shift the topic.

 

"Dahyunnie, I want to live with you."

 

Dahyun tries to clear her mind to process what she just heard. Hearing that it was serious, her expression turns into bewilderment. She asked, "What? Why? What's wrong with your apartment? You only brought it two months ago."

 

Sana thinks hard of an excuse and absentmindedly rubs her forehead"It just.. I want to move here first and find and move again to a better place. Just I don’t want to live in that place anymore."

 

Dahyun has no opinion. “Okay.. I’ll help you pack your things. When will it be? Tomorrow?”

 

“Yes, thank you. Please bring your SUV so that all my things can be packed at once.”

 

Dahyun agreed. Sana stood up to go to sleep. When Dahyun suddenly remembered that an important question wasn’t answered yet. “Wait, you still haven’t told me why you want to move? Is your place not that good?”

 

Sana bought her place with a good deal. She signed a year-contract with the landlord and she only lived there for two months. There was really no reason that she should move since the place was perfect, after all it was her that chose it. Telling Dahyun that she only wanted to be near to her so that she could take care of her was embarrassing. She said, “it was lived by a ghost.” It was not technically wrong.

 

Dahyun choked and chuckled a bit. Sana asked, "... You don't believe these kinds of things?"

After seeing Sana with a serious expression, Dahyun stopped and also made a serious face.

 

"What's there to believe? There's too many saying from people, the truth cannot be distinguished anymore."

 

"..."

 

Dahyun said proudly, "Fine, I'm sorry I'm an atheist." 

 

Sana looked at Dahyun. Absentmindedly, she smirked. This smirk was a bit complicated, as if it was funny and laughing at Dahyun’s ignorance.

 

Dahyun wasn’t convinced. She had been educated for years and preferred knowledge that has actual evidence. She rolls her sleeves to give Sana a long scientific education. But before she can speak, Sana said to her, “Then I’ll listen to you and won’t move. I’ll live there for a while and learn to believe in science.”

 

Dahyun rolled down her sleeves as if nothing happened. She then looked at her Unnie seriously, “As the saying goes, I’d rather believe it and not trust it. Tomorrow, I’ll give you a half day-off. And you know, you're always welcome in my home.”
 

Author: Short update to get back from the game. I’m going to finish this by next month. Then edit by then, sorry if there're many errors.