Chapter 1: This boss of her is too stubborn

Your Weird Mourning

The sound of angry clicks of heels was getting louder echoing in a sole office. Yet the woman in seat showed undisturbance by the show of the other's fiery approach.

 

She thought that maybe her day would not really finish when she's not being scolded from this woman walking to her. Yet this time, she had also felt the heat that has exhibited in the other’s fire.

 

"What's this stupid bold move you did alone?! Why did you invested such piece of land that has a sewage outlet of an old factory?!" Sana moved her crossed arms and place with a bit 'thud' the several papers in the other's point of sight.

 

"What's wrong with it, Miss Minatozaki? I’ve already said that I’m going to buy it. What’s wrong with bad soil? I’m not going to plant crops on that land!" The girl replied coldly, picked up the papers without a glance and extended it nearly to Sana, giving it to her again as if without care.

 

Sana continued to inquire:"Dahyun, what's the benefit of buying this abandoned factory then? And with such a higher price? You know they were other offers better than this!"


"We are in our place of workforce, properly call me with respect."

 

Sana gritted her teeth in impatience, "Fine! Miss Kim?” Sana smiled sweetly yet her tone of voice was heavy, “Just why do you insistly buy this land in this remote area? It doesn't even have a speck of value for the future of this company!"

 

"It’s a personal property, not for the company. It's from my own pockets." Dahyun calmly replied.

 

Sana: "... What?" That's why, it's even more absurd because why would you want this unusable land when you can instead buy an old villa or a mountain with this price?!

 

She asks again after seconds of silent response. "So tell me, what are you using it for?"

 

Then Dahyun did something where Sana finally snapped, this Boss of her at last looked up her first time in the conversation but she showed a smirk with mischievousness in her eyes. "That's a secret."

 

The sole office of the Director was followed with chaos of frustrated yells.

 

This has brought the feets of other secretaries to the door of this shameless so called questioning of the general secretary. They were frenzied with shock and excitement of gossip so they pricked up to listen carefully outside the door.

 

Chaeyoung: "Secretary Minatozaki indeed had guts to talk like that to our director. Is the matter really so problematic?"

 

Tzuyu: "You just don’t know but in our company, both of them have equal footing."

 

Momo: "What is this Maknae spouting at? Of course, Secretary Minatozaki’s position is a little higher than the Director. "

 

Tzuyu:”...” How is that possible?!

 

Chou Tzuyu has just been in the company for three months. Although she prepared herself that the human affairs in her career workplace would be hundred times more complicated than in the university, however, this was too complicated!

 

Hirai Momo glanced at both of her junior’s expressions in a sea full of confusion. She patted their shoulders and reminded her, “Our general secretary and Director are high school and college alumnus. They knew each other and had been working together since graduation. So it’s only natural that we are not to enter and disturb them.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded and pointed, “I see. Is the relationship between the two of them especially good?”

 

Momo gave a miserable smile, “Eh? Is this even called a relationship?”

 

The office door was solid wood and with good insulation. But Sana was not holding back with her roaring voice. She yelled, "Kim Dahyun! You are awaiting to lose your money."

 

It was a whole five seconds of silence and Sana’s voice was heard again, “Fine, Dahyun! I’ll give you solid proof!

 

When the three that eavesdropped heard this sentence, the secretaries came running to their post cubicle and pretended that they were busy with something on their desktop screens and made crackling sounds from typing.

 

Sana came out of the door of the office and glanced at her colleagues. Then she smiled kindly back to Dahyun, “I won’t be back for lunch. You should have good rest at least this noon. I’ll be off.”

 

The other secretaries: “......”

 

Everyone gave her a polite smile when the general secretary walked and when they had made it sure that she had left, they gave a big sigh of relief.

 

Now they gave a resolution that what frightened more than having a general director in their subsidiary company was having an even more moody chief secretary who directly manages them.

 

...

 

Minatozaki Sana always brought her secretary’s friendly smile and professional temperament. She stood alone in the elevator from the highest floor to the first floor and her anger started to dissipate away. She thought about again just what was she so angry about? It wasn’t her own financial matters and business to deal with.

 

Secretary Minatozaki was calm and collected on the outside. But inside her heart, she reflected over the matter of her actions and thought about Dahyun.

 

That woman, she only knew how to work and eat sweets after. Does she even look how unhealthy her body was? She became thinner than before and she’s been covering her dark circles. Even though she was her boss, that girl was her junior, she should keep listening to the older and give respect. Why was this girl so stubborn and was too much of a workaholic?

 

As Sana waited for the signal to cross the streets. She was dazed in her thoughts that kept popping up in her brain. She stood at the back of the other people fixing her posture. But she heard a commotion ten meters apart from her. She was not the only one who noticed but the other people also looked in that way.

 

They see a man that seems not to be conscious of his actions by facing people with disdain in his eyes and growling at them. The people avoided his way but there was another man who was bit running and could not notice his surroundings. Since he walked in the opposite direction of the man who seemed crazy. He was blocked and did not let him pass by and even try to push him. The innocent man was trying to defensively put a barrier with his hands to push the crazy man but in seconds, Sana saw that there's a silver glint that has shined in the crazy man's hands. It was too quick that the people were too late to react and the crazy man had already his second victim of stabbing someone. The people immediately backed out in the crowded sidestreet and others were running in panic. Who wouldn't?! This man! What's wrong with him?! If he lost purpose in life and was willing to drag his body in prison, he should just kill himself rather than committing this foolishness!

 

Sana was running with the others but she cannot get away fast because there are lots of people pushing causing for the others to trip and cry. So to observe her position, she glanced in her back where the murderer was earlier. And to only see and aggrieve that the next target that the murderer set his sights on was a crying child that was two meters apart from her. She was looking at him as if she knew that she's next. She did not run though and only kept on trying to make her mother stand as if too weak not from the fall but was because she's already frail evident from the bony stature. In the shouts of people, she can make the girl's voice, "Mom, quick, stand up."

 

Sana was also cheering in her head with 'Go Mom, be strong, save yourselves.'

 

And in that time, she subconsciously straightway threw her purse to the murderer and he immediately changed his sights from the little girl transferring it to Sana. That day, it supposedly should be an heroic death for her and the world should have cried.

 

But in the days her wait in purgatory, no one mourns for her.