Mornings

The Cost of Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiny rays of light were starting to peak pass the curtains in Rosie’s room. Slowly, starting to shine on the sleepy girl still in bed, not moving a muscle, drained from her night with you. The clothes you ripped off her still scattered across the floor.  Despite her many plans for the day, Rosie stayed curled up in her blankets, arms clinging to a pillow. Not ready for last night to be in the past just yet.

 

The bedroom door creaks open, the light from the hallway spilling in. “Roseanne, time to wake up! You have your hair appointment in an hour and a half.” Her mom said peeking her head through the open doorway. Noticing that her daughter didn’t so much as glance at her, she walked in, sitting at the edge of her bed lightly setting her hand on the girl’s shoulder. Rosie looked so peaceful sleeping. Eyes shut, lips slightly pursed, round cheeks. 

 

It’d be a lie to say her mom didn’t feel bad for having to wake up the baby of the family. She gave the girl a few more seconds, not being able to help but glance around the room. Usually, Rosie kept her room very clean and organized, so the clothes that were skewed across the floor, caught her eye. She didn’t dwell on the thought for much longer because Rosie started to stir awake. Groaning at the need to actually wake up and do stuff. “Good morning!” Her mom said in such a bright and cheery voice, clearly wide awake and ready for the day. “good morning…” Rosie responded in her groggy, deeper morning voice, turning to look at her mom sitting at her side.

 

Knowing her mom wasn’t gonna leave until she actually did something to show she was waking up she rolled onto her back letting out one last yawn before sitting up fully, stretching her arms out above her head. Looking at her mom with half a smile, trying to get herself to keep her eyes open. “You have alot of appointments you need to make today. So come on get up now.” She patted Rosie’s leg. “I made breakfast too, so come eat before it gets cold.” Rosie slumped her shoulders, not  wanting to do anything but enjoy the comfort of her bed a little longer. Or more accurately reminisce, while lounging around in your favorite t-shirt that she so proudly stole from you.

 

Before standing up to leave, her mom gives her one last look over, taking notice of the baggy shirt she has on. Not recognizing it in the slightest. “I’ll be down in a sec, just let me get ready real quick.” Mrs. Park pats her leg again, tilting her head to the side. “New shirt?” The question catching Rosie off guard, causing the girl to unconsciously blush. “Uhm…you could say that?”

 

Mrs. Park just nods getting off the bed, instantly remembering that she’s seen Y/N where that very shirt before. Deciding not to say anything, she let’s it be. “Okay. Well hurry up. I’ll be downstairs with your sister.” She exits the room, and Rosie immediately falls back into the bed, letting out a long sigh, hating the fact that her bed felt so much more comfortable now then it did when she was asleep.

 

Her moms little remark about the shirt got her thinking, wondering if her mom somehow already knew. She dismissed it though, not wanting it to bother her, she was gonna keep it a secret forever if possible.

 

After getting ready she ran down the stairs, joining her older sister and mom at the table in the kitchen.

 

“Oh there she is. Was wondering what it was gonna take to drag you out of bed.” Alice said while stuffing a fork full of food into . Rosie ignored her, tunneling her vision on the food in front of her ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter