Out Sick

The Cost of Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I revised and changed some parts to the previous chapter FYI.

Flashback:

It was a Friday, sometime during the second semester of Junior year. One of those days where everyone was feeling extra anxious sitting in class waiting for the last bell to ring so they could go  home to enjoy the weekend. To either relax and distress or hit up someone else’s party. Something along those lines. That’s where everyones’ heads had been for the past half hour. 

 

The clock on the wall above the teacher seemed to tick by, each second slower than the previous, making the last few minutes stretch out longer than it should’ve. It was still only midday, so it’s not like getting out of this class was going to make the day go by any faster, but still the entire room of students wore looks of desperation ready to leave. 

 

Well almost everyone, Rosie sat calmly in her seat, staring at her half finished painting, not even noticing that the class was about to end. The tip of her paint brush at the edge of her lips as her head tilted to the left just slightly. It’s been a bit of a struggle coming up with something for this project, especially since it was one of the three bigger projects she had for the semester. Unlike the rest of her classmates, she was probably the only one in the class that was actually thinking of her painting while everyone else had mentally checked into the weekend already. While in deep thought the bell  finally rang out ending the current class period causing a big commotion in the classroom, as everyone tried to pack up as fast as they could, before being held back by their teacher suddenly making an announcement, trying to hold their attention just a bit longer. 

 

“Don’t forget to submit your projects by next friday. Also to those of you that are interested in submitting work to the National art exhibition, the deadline is next week.” Her eyes seeming to glance at one student in-particular. “I wouldn’t want you to miss out on the opportunity. If your interested please come talk to me.” Doing her best to hold her authority over the class, she realized there was no use in doing so with everyone only half paying attention anyway. She figured she would just drop it and let everyone leave without wasting her breath anymore than usual. “Alright, alright, get out of here. Enjoy your weekend.” The class quickly packed up their belongings, the sound of shoes shuffling along with the rustling of backpacks filling the room in an instant. Everyone carefully storing away their paintings before rushing out. 

 

Rosie took her time, sliding her painting into the rack at the side, not feeling like she needed to rush. Not to mention she didn’t want to do anything that could potentially destroy all the work she had already put into her painting. The only other person still in the room was Seulgi who was also carefully storing her painting. She gave Rosie a smile before she left the girl in the room by herself.

 

Once Rosie finished making sure her painting was secure and properly put away, she went back to her easel, grabbing her bag off the floor, swinging it onto her back. Turning towards the door, she started making her way out. Her fingers fiddling together as she cautiously walked passed the teachers desk. Hoping to leave in peace.

 

“Miss Park?” Rosie stopped in her tracks, lightly clenching her eyes together. Of course she’d get called on now, just as she was about to escape into the hall. She wanted to avoid having the same conversation she’s been having with her teacher all week. Reluctantly, she turned to her teacher. “Yeah?” A questioning tone leaving even though she knew exactly what she was going to be asked.

 

“Have you thought about it some more? I really do think you should submit your work.” Gripping the strap of her bag, she let out a sigh. How could she not think about submitting her work, that’s literally all her teacher kept nagging her about since the submissions opened. But she honestly didn’t think that she had anything worthy to show, art was a hobby for her, a class she took just for fun, she didn’t really think anything more of it. 

 

“Um…I don’t know.” She stood shyly in front of her teachers’ desk, feeling a little small under the serious gaze her teacher was giving her. 

 

“I don’t think your giving yourself enough credit. Your work is more than good enough Rosie. This could open some doors for you if you give it a chance. Think about it some more okay. I’m only pushing you because you have some real talent. I don’t want it to go unnoticed.” Rosie couldn’t help but smile at the compliment. “Alright get out of here before your late. I don’t want to have to write you a late pass.” Rosie nodded her head before finally exiting the art room into the hall. 

 

The thought lingered in her head as she walked aimlessly down the hall to her next class. Bumping into a few students on accident as she pushed her way through the crowded wing. As she turned the corner, she was quickly dragged out of the main hallway, her back pushed up against the wall. There wasn’t even enough time for her to let out so much as a yell or scream. And before she could even see who was dragging her away she felt a soft pair of lips meeting hers. Everything happening too fast for her to process what exactly was going on. But she didn’t need to think to hard about it, there was really only one person that’d be daring enough to kiss her in-between her classes like this. She let herself melt into the kiss, letting your sweet and soft lips mold against hers.

 

Her eyes closed as the kiss started heating up, your body pressing up against hers, the dark secluded corner of the hall providing enough coverage to keep both of you from getting caught. Your hands gripping her tiny waist as her hands rested along your bicep. The adrenaline pumping through your veins, that feeling of getting caught by someone making your make-out session that much more thrilling. 

 

It was a few moments longer before you pulled away. Greeting her a little out of air, muttering under your breath. “Hi.” A stupid grin plastered across your face. 

 

“Oh my gosh! Y/N what are you doing? You scared me! A little warning next time. What if we got caught?” She looked over your shoulders, quickly glancing at the part of the hall she could see, making sure none of the students passing by noticed. Part of her worrying for no reason and part of her enjoying the rush. 

 

You shrugged your shoulders, annoying her with your lack of concern. “If we get caught then we get caught…. Besides your worth the risk!” She bit her lip, staring back at you, giggling as she tried to pretend like she wasn’t enjoying the moment. 

 

Things in your relationship were getting a bit more intense and it seemed like you were both always looking for excuses to kiss each other or make-out. So it wasn’t too unusual for you to do this, well at least it wasn’t anymore. Rosie was still getting used to it, but even she couldn’t deny how much she looked forward to you pulling her away to kiss her. She didn’t realize it then, but these moments were probably what she looked forward to the most during her day.

 

You put your hand out leaning against the wall to the side of her, leaning in toward her, trapping her between you and the wall. A light shade a pink grazing her cheeks as she shyly turned her head away to play with the strings of your hoodie. Trying hard to distract herself from how close your bodies were to each other. She knew if you both started again, it’d be hard to stop. 

 

Seeing how flushed her cheeks were getting, you backed off just a bit, giving her some room to cool down. “So how was art?” Rosie still not looking back at you. “It was good. I still haven’t finished my painting. But it’s…getting there…I think. Hopefully, I get it finished before it’s due next friday.” “I’m sure you will. Besides your like one of Miss Yura’s favorite students. If you need more time I’m sure she’d be more than happy to give it to you.” “I guess…” 

 

She continued playing with your hoodie, tying the strings into a little bow. You could tell something was bothering her by the tone of her voice and her avoiding your gaze. “Okay, what’s going on?” Rosie dropped her shoulders, slouching into the wall. “She keeps trying to get me to submit one of my paintings into the national art thingy…” “And?” “…and…I’m not sure if I want to. I mean…I don’t know. It seems like such big deal. Am I even qualified to do something like that?” She finally looked up at you with a pout on her lips. 

 

“You know, you are more than qualified. Have you actually ever seen one of your paintings? If I could let you borrow my eyes for like a second, I would. Just so you could see how talented you are.” She shoved your shoulder, giving you a look, thinking you were just teasing her. “What? I’m serious!” You crossed your arms trying to look serious. “I think you should submit something. Just to see. If you get selected then we go celebrate, if not then you try again next year. Really what do you have to lose?” She scrunched her nose up at you, which was a look you absolutely loved, it made her look extra cute. 

 

It made sense to her, she just wasn’t very confident in showing off her work. Maybe it was less of her thoughts controlling her and more of her parents’. They supported her art as a hobby, but she was on the path to becoming a lawyer so it wasn’t something they took that seriously. You on the other hand were always hyping her up, especially when she debated taking the class over some other business elective in the first place. You always saw the potential in her. It that she couldn’t see that in herself sometimes. You kept your gaze on her, hoping she’d see the opportunity to just try.

 

Letting out a sigh of defeat she grinned back at you. “Okay, I guess your right. There’s no harm in trying.” You smiled at her, wrapping your arms around her waist. “Exactly!” Her eyes widened a bit, looking up at you. “But what should I submit then!” “Yeah…that’s a tough one, I don’t know. I think your on your own for that one.” She looked away, mentally sorting through all the potential options.

 

You lift her chin up, making her look back at you. “By the way you have some paint right here.” You slide your finger along her chin. “And also a little right here” Your eyes move to her lips. “And…right here.” You quickly catch her off guard kissing her on the lips once again. “I got it, don’t worry. But you gotta take care of the other spots on your own.” A small smirk on your face as she stared at you, her eyes narrowing dangerously at you.

 

“Uh-huh sure…Baby if you want to kiss me just do it, you don’t have to make excuses.” “By that logic I’d never stop kissing you.” Rosie could feel the heat rising between you two again so she diverted the conversation knowing you didn’t have the time to mess around again. “You better get to class before your late…..again.” Emphasizing the last part. You roll your eyes at her stepping off to the side, leaning your back against the wall. “Fine! I’ll get going. I just wanted to make sure I saw you before I left. Our bus leaves in the middle of next class. Then I have that family thing this weekend. So you won’t see me until next week.”

 

“Oh that’s right.” “It you aren’t coming this time.” You turned toward her, leaning onto your left shoulder. “Ugh… I know. We would be if half our squad didn’t fail that stupid math exam.” “To bad they can’t all be like you.” She leaned onto her right shoulder, facing you, obviously annoyed at the fact that she couldn’t travel with you and the team because her squad needed to pull up their grades in order to still compete for Nationals. “I know! I’m captain and still maintaining a 4.0. It’s really not that hard.” You laughed. A little scowl appearing on her forehead. “Well, captain you better get your girls in order.” She glared at you hating when you refer to her as captain. “Oh I will don’t you worry.” “Anyways, try not to miss me!” 

 

Rosie rolled her eyes. “Try not to miss you? How could I possibly do that? Gosh, I can barely function without out you…how am I ever going to get through this weekend…all alone?” She says teasingly to you, fake pouting, be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter