Lunchtime conversations

The Cost of Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lunch room was bustling with students. Rosie had her head in her arms on the table, while Jennie was desperately trying to stop herself from laughing any louder. One hand on her chest while the other was wiping the tears that appeared at the corner of her eyes.

 

“Oh my gosh! Jennie stop!” Rosie mumbled into the table. “Okay, ok.” Jennie calmed down enough for her to talk normal. “One more time, tell me what happened? Please!” Rosie lifted her head slightly off the table to glare at the girl. “Noo! It was so embarrassing!”

 

“Honestly, it could have been way worse. At least you weren’t in the middle of doing it when Y/N’s mom came home.” Rosie let her head fall back onto her arms on the table. “That would’ve killed me.”

 

“You need to relax a little. Like I said there are so many other ways that could’ve been worse. At least you were covered up.” Rosie laid her head on her arms, looking at the girl. “I was still basically half in front of Y/N’s mom…Plus she tried to give us the talk…” Jennie burst out laughing once again. “That’s the best part!!!” Rosie rolled her eyes sulking on the side, wishing that she just kept the incident to herself instead of confiding in her best friend.

 

“What’s got her so amused?” Nayeon asked seeing Jennie dying of laughter as her, Yeri, Wendy and Irene joined them, setting their lunch down on the table in front of them. Jennie tried covering as she tried to stop herself from laughing again, but the thought of Rosie being embarrassed by the situation yesterday was alot more funny than it should’ve been for her. Rosie slowly lifted her head, tucking the lose strands of hair behind her ear, her round cheeks a bright red.

 

“What’s got you so red in the face?” Yeri asked as she opened her juice container. Irene glanced back and forth at the two. “Seriously what did we miss?” The four of them completely clueless. 

 

Rosie pouted resting her head on her arm again, avoiding looking at any of them. “Nothing…just something really embarrassing that happened yesterday.” The four girls still sat there a little dumbfounded. “How embarrassing?” Nayeon asked taking a bite of her lunch. “Sooo embarrassing!” “Oh stop! It wasn’t that bad…” Jennie said lightly pushing Rosie’s side.

 

Nayeon had a big grin appear on her face as she slyly continued to eat her lunch, a thought coming to her mind. “Does it involve Y/N?” Jennie squinted her eyes at her from across the table. Rosie’s cheeks seemed to get even more red. “Wait is it like embarrassing because it involves doing…” She wiggled her eyebrows up and down. Rosie hid her face in her hands. She didn’t even need to agree or disagree, her actions said all they needed to know.

 

The four finally understanding the situation a little more. “Wait what happened? You have to tell us now!” Yeri leaned in further, wanting to get the tea. 

 

“Was it like…bad?” Nayeon whispered to the group. “I doubt that. I’ve always imagined Y/N being really good?” Yeri’s mouth dropped open. “OH MY GOD! Irene you can’t just say that!” Irene’s expression staying the same. “Why? I didn’t mean anything by it.” Jennie started picking at her food, amused by the conversation taking place. She was a little stunned Irene had the guts to openly admit that in front of Rosie.

 

Nayeon tries to divert the conversation back to her point. “So was I close…actually now that I think about it I agree with Irene…so were you bad?” She asks Rosie, looking directly at her with curious eyes. Wendy finally chimes in. “I don’t think it’s possible for it to be bad with either of them. I mean look at them! Bad doesn’t exist in their world.”

 

Rosie had her head in her hands still. Now more embarrassed by the fact that her friends were trying to dissect her love life. She grabbed at her hair and brought it over covering her face even more. Jennie joined back in. “That’s so true! Wait...now I’m curious about something else, Rosie do you have a favorite time with Y/N?” Thinking things over in her head, Rosie came to the conclusion that yesterday wasn’t as embarrassing as she thought, today seemed to be worse, mostly because her best friends knew how to endlessly .

 

“We are not actually discussing this…please change the subject?” Rosie finally unhid her face, hoping that her group of friends would take pity on her by looking at the pleading look in her eyes. “Why can’t we talk about Jennie’s love life instead…”

 

Irene quickly dismissed the thought. “Please…at this point that’s like watching reruns. You on the other hand never talk about this with us. It’s new and amusing! Even though you parade your relationship around, your always so secretive about alot of things!” She kept her eyes locked on the blonde while she sipped at the straw in her drink.

 

“Hey! My life is not a rerun!” Jennie snapped back at her. “But back to my question! Favorite time! Go!”

 

“Favorite time for what?” You sat down on the opposite side of Rosie, questioning why she looked so distressed. Jennie almost choked on the water she was drinking from. The other girls quickly all looked away, surprised by your sudden appearance and by the perfect timing. Your group of friends behind you, consisting of Bobby, Hanbin, and Seulgi, with Jisoo leaning against the end of the table. 

 

“What’s with the look?” You ask to no-one inparticular. “What look?” Wendy retorted, pretending as if you weren’t the subject of their building curiosity. “You all have this look in your eye…never mind. What were saying about favorites?” Rosie’s head shot up, her eyes burning a hole through Jennie’s. She hoped she understood what the look meant. Jennie knew, she just didn’t care at the moment, but she thought about rephrasing the question since all your friends were around as well. She couldn’t help it though, she was in the mood to keep teasing Rosie.

 

“I was just asking Rosie what her favorite time with you was?” You, being you, didn’t catch onto the question being asked. “Favorite time doing what?” You threw some chips into your mouth from the bag in your hands. Jennie smirked back at you. Bobby and Hanbin were grinning to each other behind you, Jisoo doing the same but trying not to seem interested. 

 

“Oh come one Y/N, you know what I mean!” Bobby couldn’t stand still. “And feel free to be as detailed as you want.” Nayeon rolled her eyes at him. 

 

“Oh…” You immediately understood why Rosie seemed more shy than usual. You figured you’d lighten the mood by messing with them to get off Rosie’s back. “Well…” Instead of letting you finish whatever it was you were gonna say Rosie jumped up grabbing your arm. “Oh would you look at that, it’s time for us to go!” She led you out of the lunch room, dragging you away as fast as she could, wanting to get away from her friends and yours.

 

Nayeon looked back at Jennie. “Wait so what was she even embarrassed about?” “Something about Y/N’s mom…nothing bad I promise.” Jennie liked to push Rosie’s buttons but she would never tell any of the secrets she shared with her. “Oh…why not just say that then?” She went back to her food, not giving it a second thought.

 

Bobby, Hanbin, Jisoo, and Seulgi awkwardly stood around since you were dragged away by the flustered chipmunk. “So…You still having your party after the Homecoming game?” Hanbin asked nudging Jennie’s shoulder. Jennie put down the utensil in her hand and looked to Jisoo. “Only if Jisoo can hold up her end of the deal?” Jisoo smirked back at the girl, then motioned her arms toward herself in a cocky manner. “When have I ever let you down?” Jennie rolled her eyes then shifted her gaze from Jisoo back to Hanbin. “Are you guys coming?”

 

“Of course. You’re the only one that knows how to throw a good party!” Jennie couldn’t help but let a smile form on her lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter