No Place Like Home

The Cost of Perfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosie shut the door behind her as soon as she left you for the night, quickly trying to make her way up the stairs to avoid running into either of her parents. “Roseanne Park!” Just as she steps foot on the first step, she hears her name being called from the kitchen, she mentally curses at herself for not being faster. Making her way to the kitchen, she takes a breath before plastering on a smile for her parents. “yes?”

 

“Roseanne, it’s past your curfew.” Her father seated at the dining table, with a cup of freshly brewed coffee in his hand. “Not to mention it’s a school night.” Her mom added, taking care of the left overs from the dinner Rosie missed.

 

“I know…” Her fingers fiddled with the ends of her jacket. “Practice ended kinda of late and then Y/N and I went to get dinner after…I guess we sort of lost track of time.”

 

Her dad gave her a stern look, one that painted his annoyance more at you then at her. “Well at least your home safe and sound.” The change in tone making Rosie let out a sigh of relief. “Try not to make a habit out of this please! I know your a Senior and all, but please remember I worry when your not home with us.” He gestures his arms out, which she takes notice of and joins him for a hug.

 

“I know dad! Trust me, I’m perfectly safe with Y/N!” There’s a slight grimace in his expression at the mention of your name. “Dad!” Rosie notices and whines a little. He chuckles seeing the childish side of his daughter. “Alright, alright, why don’t you head to bed. It’s late.” Rosie rolls her eyes and doesn’t argue against it.

 

Letting go of her dad, she bids him a goodnight by placing a kiss on his cheek. “Be safe at work tonight!” Then she gives her mom a hug and kiss as well before disappearing to her room.

 

“When are you going to accept the fact that your daughter is in love?” Her mom asks, taking a seat next to her husband. He lets out a sad sigh. “Never. I can’t accept either of them dating.” Her mom smacks his shoulder lightly. “Mason! It’s been years since Rosie and Y/N have been together. Sooner or later your going to have to be okay with it.” He turns to her. “I know. The more she grows up, the more I worry. I just don’t want to see her get hurt.” Claire gives him a look knowing exactly what he means. “I worry too, young love is never easy, but Y/N makes her happy. I’m sure they’ll be just fine.”

 

He gets an incoming message, letting him know that he’s needed for work. “Well, time to go.” They stand up and head for the front door. “Alright be safe, love you.” Claire gives him a kiss on the cheek. “Good night. See you in the morning.”

 

Finished with her shower, Rosie exits the bathroom with her hair wrapped in a towel. Her sister leaning against her doorframe. “Well ‘Roseanne’ good job getting out of that one. Thought for sure you were gonna get busted. The second I heard them say your full name I thought you were a goner.” Rosie plops onto her bed, taking her hair down to dry it. “I did too! I hate when they use my full name.”

 

“Dad’s got such a soft spot for you!” Rosie rolled her eyes, knowing very well that she was the baby of the family. “Good thing he didn’t see the two you getting hot and heavy in the driveway. Dad would’ve blown a gasket seeing his precious daughter in such a position. I must say though you two do put on quite the show.” 

 

Rosie’s cheeks turning a bright shade of red as she shoots her sister a look that was filled with both embarrassment and shock. “OH MY GOSH! How long were you watching? Your such a creep!” Alice let out a loud laugh as she joined the younger girl on the bed, dodging the pillow that was thrown at her head. “Seriously?…You were the one making out for all the world to see. At least I was kind enough to get you to stop before Detective dad had a chance to get out there.”

 

“And thank you for that, but that is all I’m thanking you for!” She threw her towel onto her desk chair and grabbed her school bag, pulling out a text book. Making sure to open it to the right page.

 

Alice made herself comfortable as she sprawled out at the bottom of the bed.  Taking notice of Rosie’s quiet yet serious demeanor as she adamantly went over the material in the text book. It was a bit too quiet for her liking. “You know, I wish I knew how hot Y/N was going to get…I would’ve snatched Y/N for myself if I had known.” She glanced up trying to see if she got a reaction from the younger girl.

 

Rosie deadpanned. “Well too bad. Y/N is all mine!” She continued to read thru the book, not giving her older sister so much as a glance. “Besides, you aren’t Y/N’s type anyway. I am!” A big smile coming to her face at the last part. 

 

“Right! Y/N does like the clingy, girly, cheerleader types. And that is so you!” Rosie rolled her eyes again, giggling at her sister trying to insult her. 

 

Alice rolled onto her side, watching her younger sister continue to study. She couldn’t quite put a finger on what the feeling was exactly, but something about the night made her realize that Rosie wasn’t her baby sister anymore, and she was proud of the woman she was becoming. When the two of you started dating, she teased you both constantly, but now she couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous. You two were really something, and she had never really noticed how serious things had gotten between the two of you. The baby sister she had that was so shy to kiss you had turned into a confident young woman. Not to mention a bit rebellious, seeing her break curfew and risk getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter