Chapter 8

Perfume
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Katniss was going to have an important presentation on the next day but she was still unable to start preparing anything. Her mind was busy with her own thoughts, even more so after Changkyun uttered the last sentence.

Why did Wonho come to see her but not everyone else? She had asked Jiwoo and Somin but they both said no. In fact, they were so shocked that they were not able to say anything, other than furiously nodding and shaking their heads.

Wonho was there again. Laying on her bed on his right side, watching her intently. His smile had never go away (Katniss was almost sure that he had it cemented there) and whenever Katniss started daydreaming again and again, he would occasionally knock the wooden table she was sitting at.

She stared back at him. “You know who killed you right?”

Wonho nodded, now sitting at the edge of her bed, reaching his hand to tuck her loose strands of hair behind her ears.

“Can’t you tell me who is he…or she? We can report it to the police. And we can find your body too.”

Wonho stopped fiddling and looked back at her. His face might be brightened by his smile but his eyes hid a thousand emotions. She knew him like the back of her hand. “I don’t want to tell you who is he. I want you to learn the truth on your own, so that you will not be too surprised – I want you to feel proud of yourself. It’s been so long since you did.”

He walked towards her, stood behind her and kissed the top of her head. “Use your ability. It will help. I know you can do this.”

He sauntered away, the sound of his footsteps faded along with his tall figure into thin air.

“Did he come to see you again?” Changkyun slid his tray to the empty seat in front of Katniss before he literally threw himself onto the chair. The chair creaked under the force.

Katniss nodded. Her hand never stopped feeding her favorite bento from the cafeteria. The bento would usually cause her to elicit huge responses like “OH MY GOD” or “AUNTY, I LOVE YOUR FOOD SO MUCH, I LOVE YOU”, but today, she just fed herself to keep herself from starving or else she would not be able to focus in classes. Or on her unofficial investigation.

Thank goodness, despite her lack of preparation, her presentation went wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter