Chapter 5

Perfume
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little after 9.30pm, the doorbell resounded through the small house inhabited by Katniss. She was still on the bed, traces of dried tears were visible on her face. Changkyun had a key to her house, so she did not bother to open the door for him. The doorbell was just as a signal that he was there. There were the sound of ruffled plastics and plates clanking on the table before he called her name. Unlike usual, instead of yelling like a normal Changkyun, his voice sounded like he’s worried that if he raised his voice too much, he would break her.

He was standing at her bedroom door threshold when she finally lifted her head to look at him. He was frowning, his body leaned against the door frame. Usually, she would think that he’s hot but that time, her head was empty. There were no thoughts at all. Her rapid breathing had become even.

“Come, Katniss. Tell me what happened. I have your favorite pizzas. And I thought that maybe you would like to have some fried chicken so I bought some too. By some, I mean a box with 9 pieces of fried chicken. I thought of getting 12 pieces but-“ His sentence was cut by a soft chuckle from Katniss. She tied her hair in a high ponytail, exposing her tanned neck. She had always been the friend with darkest skin tone among her friends. And Changkyun thought it’s pretty.

“Why would you get me 9 pieces? Do you want me to get fat? And end up being single through my whole life?” Katniss quickly sat cross legged facing the coffee table in the middle of the living room after turning on the TV. Her thumb was furiously pressing the remote control button to search for her favorite drama on Netflix while her other hand was busy fumbling wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter