Ch. 15: Let's Make a Promise

Married to my Straight Unnie

"I am really sorry Miss Kim" The manager bowed her head towards the younger woman who seems to not give a care about the world at all. But if its not for publicity, a bad attitude is a no-no for she is a celebrity. Stopping on her tracks, she turned her head towards the said employee while showing her usual celebrity smile.

 

"Its fine Ms. Manager. Just tell me where my brother is, could you?" Not that I give a care to what your name is or your sincere apology. Just tell me where I can find my jerk of a lovely brother so I can find my lover as soon as possible too. Jisoo get back to what she was doing earlier. Walking around Taehyung's office because it really has been three years ever since she left home and now that she's back, she feels like a foreigner to their own company. 

 

"The Vice President went out for a dinner meeting with the CEO of Nakamoto Internationals. If you have any message to tell him, I could pass it to him for you Miss Kim"

 

Jisoo huffed in annoyance. Everyone is really testing my patience. Why would my brother have a meeting with the Nakamotos especially since the last time I checked, oppa is on the bad foot with them. The Kim Group is on the same level as Nakamoto Internationals. To even have a dinner with them? The fact that Nakamoto's heir is also linked to her girl - Oh!

 

"Say, who is this current CEO of Nakamoto Internationals?" Jisoo removed her cap as she twirled her hair with her fingertips.

 

"Miss Kim, its the Nakamoto's heir. Mr. Yuta Nakamoto"

 

Perfect! Jisoo gestured her hands making the other person in the room leave in an instant. "Why would he got close to them?" Staying at the middle of the office, she noticed how there is a lot of picture frames and portraits of the owner of the office himself. Without any reason, Jisoo begun to walked nearer to all those frames and turned them all face down. Leaving no trace of any face of the Vice President of Kim Group.

 

 

"Just, how much is oppa hiding from me huh?" Jisoo tried to stop her possible tears from coming and luckily there's none. After all, she already has her share pain of a heart ache with that certain someone and now she's going to make her feel what a painful suffer is.

 

*DING*

 

Jisoo deleted the message as soon as she read it. Sitting comfortably on the coffee table, she waited for Kim Taehyung to arrived in no less than a few minutes from now.

 

----------------

 

Entering the floor below the President's office, lies a room. The farthest room on the floor with the black door which is labeled as a Meeting Room but only designated for highest authorized personnel only.

 

Well, of course that isn't the door which Sana is gonna enter to. It's the room next to it. The one written with 'Room under Renovation' sign.

 

With Namjoon looking around the floor first, Sana entered the passcode to the said room. Really, a room under rennovation but requires a passcode. Its only a luck that up until now, no employees have dared to question anything about it or even tried to guess it. Obviously because its close to the President's lounge area. 

 

Anyway, entering the room she of course, sees no other than Kim Taehyung sitting elegantly in one of the luxurious chairs. Sana met his eyes and was greeted with a rolled eye back. Beside him is his most loyal assistant, Park Jimin; and the next proclaimed CEO of Jeon Enterprises, Jeon Jungkook whose doing something who knows what in his laptop.

 

"Sana unnie!" And yes, the one and only Chou Tzuyu who hugged her softly. 

 

"Tzuyu-ah! I'm happy to see you here too" Sana patted Tzuyu's head as she looked around for a while before pulling a chair on the table.

 

With Sana sitting rather comfortably, she began to wander her sight once again and exhaled in slight frustation seeing the Kim's heir. Deciding to get on with the actual topic, she crossed her arms on the table as she spoke at them.

 

"So, are we gonna talk about on how Jisoo unnie arrived here without anyone from us having notice?"

 

Seeing that no one dared to speak, Sana continued in all seriousness, "Or maybe we could talk about the importance of trust and loyalty? - " The younger emphasized the last two word yet was stopped as Namjoon held her shoulder and shooked his head in disapproval, A touch of warning, I understand... 

 

Meanwhile, all the people inside the room have been confused as to what's going on. All, except for one man who seems to be agitating in anxiety and inconvenience as he arranged some documents in hand to not be suspicious. But one thing for sure, you could never attempt to hide a sin behind the eyes of a spectator.

 

"What do you mean Sana unnie?" Tzuyu asked in confusion while trying to figure out what Sana is pointing to.

 

"It's nothing specific Tzuyu-ah" Sana just smiled towards the younger one as an idea suddenly popped her head. Namjoon who saw the difference in Sana's expression widened his eyes. He knows that look all too well. But, as he was about to interfere, she shooked her head in displease. What are you thinking Sana-ssi? 

 

All of a sudden a phone's ringtone echoed the whole room. Taehyung whose still in his elegant poise and isn't even moving an inch jolted in surprise. He finally looked eye to eye with Sana as he showed them the caller's ID. I'm still mad at you, but she'd be madder at me. Kim Jisoo is calling...

 

"I will be going now." Taehyung stood up, heading towards the door with his secretary Jimin following him.

 

Sana also stood up at the same time. "Let's reschedule this meeting then. Find out why and how Jisoo came here" but maybe Taehyung has not heard of that now as he already left the premises.

 

"Park Jimin" Sana called out Taehyung's secretary as he was about to head out the door. Jimin bowed to Sana with formality and nervousness. I mean the person who called him is as authorative as his boss, Kim Taehyung. 

 

"Here. You dropped your pen." Sana handed Jimin his pen, as the man bowed in gratitude while whispering a thank you. "You should really be careful, you know? Oh! and Taehyung is really lucky to have a trustworthy secretary Mr. Park" 

 

Jimin innocently smiled towards them as he put the pen inside his bag. "It's a pleasure, Ms. Minatozaki. We should be going now"

 

As the door clicked outside, Jungkook whose observing everyone in the room wonders why Sana still lingers her gaze towards the door with a frightful expression of irritation.

 

-----

"Where would you be going now Sana-ssi?"

 

"The usual Namjoon oppa."

 

"You mean, her parents' house first?"

 

With a laugh, Sana removed her seat belt as they reached near a flower shop and luckily a fashion boutique beside it. 

 

"Two birds in one stone!"

 

"Wait Miss Sana! You need to review these documents first. You promised us the other day. These are all due this week" Namjoon immediately gathered all those properly settled files on that particular desk, that was sitting prettily in the back seat and now presented in front of her.

 

"No way! This could wait, right?" Sana attempted to got out of the car but Namjoon was faster. He climbed out of the car and locked it immediately as he slightly throwed her favorite office pen to her younger boss. 

 

"Three birds in one stone!" Namjoon blurted out and the girl boss could not get any poutier than she is before as she beeped the car's horn so loud it woke up a sleeping baby on the other side of the road and made Namjoon jumped on surprise.

 

-----

 

Taehyung could not believe his eyes. His sister is really in front of him. Yet, not as what he would expect to meet her. He is expecting for a sad or mad Jisoo to welcome him but instead he's greeted with a sight of his sister whose smiling at him while drinking a cup of coffee. He doesn't know if he should be more relieved or more afraid. For now, he sat on the other side of the coffee table and not long after Jimin came back with hip own cup of coffee.

 

"Jisoo-ah, you should have told me that you're going home. I should have welcomed you in the airport, you know?"

 

"Oppa, you should not have rushed to end early your dinner meeting. I am not going anywhere, anytime soon, you know?"

 

Jisoo put down her cup as she stood up. Taehyung wonders where she's going but stopped on his desk. Suddenly, Jisoo sat herself on the Vice President's chair that made Taehyung widened his eyes at the strange act of his sister. He knows how much his sister hated that chair - because it is the same place that was used by their father. And that's only when Taehyung realized that all his supposedly handsome pictures and paintings are no where to be seen all because they are faced down. 

 

"Oppa, why are you meeting with Yuta Nakamoto?"

 

"For a project collaboration. Its not something you're interested in, right?"

 

"Then you also get to meet with her every now and then, right? Where is she? How is she?" Jisoo asked with too much enthusiasm as she stood up from that Vice President's chair.

 

"Who are you talking about sis?"

 

"Stop playing dumb, Kim Taehyung. Why is Sana married to Im Nayeon? Why?!"

 

Taehyung clenched his fist as he heard his sister's voice cracked. He deserves to be screamed at by Jisoo. He deserved her anger. But what could he do. Jisoo abruptly walked towards Taehyung and his peaceful cup setted on the table in now in between of Jisoo's hands. "Oppa, i'll show you what a broken heart is"

 

In just a blink of an eye, Jisoo released her hold on the cup expecting for a loud crash to resonate. Taehyung can't move at all as he watched his favorite mug fall. Just when a pillow came swimming to the floor that saved it the last nanosecond to happen. Park Jimin, what are you up to?

 

Jimin sighed in relief. Thanks to his unhumane reflexes he managed to save that mug from being crashed into pieces. Not that it was that expensive that Kim Taehyung went all across the globe to make it as customized as possible. He doesn't dare to make his secretary fly around the world just to make that legendary duplicate of a cup right?

 

Jisoo glared at his brother's secretary and huffed in annoyance once again. She plomped herself beside his brother as she covered her eyes with her arms. Taehyung made a mental note that Jisoo resembles Sana in this way, maybe a habit she got from her. "Just... why isn't it me?" 

 

Taehyung could not find the right words to say. Sana is the only one that could respond to her sister's question. Jisoo tried to contain her tears, out of sadness, or ou of anger, she doesn't care anymore. "Oppa, help me. I want Sana back. She promised me! I am holding onto that promise until now"

 

Before Taehyung could even think of an answer, the door of his office opened wide once again revealing another beautiful girl. Seeing her, only made things complicated than they are now.

 

"Help your sister who got her heart broken, you know?" The girl sassily walked towards them as she looked weirdly at the pillow with a cup on top of the floor. She sipped through what she assumed was Jisoo's cup of coffee and removed her mask that made Taehyung rolled his eyes. 

 

"What are you doing here, Kim Jennie?"

 

-------

 

"Hey" A soft knudge awaken the sleeping girl on the couch.

 

"Nayeon unnie, why are you sleeping here?" And there's Sana in a whole flesh, kneeling beside the couch while staring deeply onto her eyes. 

 

"Idiot" Nayeon muttered half-asleep. She suddenly laughed seeing Sana's bewildered reaction of her words.  

 

You see, Sana entered their apartment, yes their apartment, calling out Nayeon's name but no one really answered the door. As she went inside, she was greeted by a sight of Nayeon sprawled in the couch with the older's phone on the floor. It won't hurt to take a peak, right?

 

Seeing that Nayeon's still fast asleep, she took her unnie's phone and what she saw surprised her. It was an unsent message to her by Nayeon. Unnie wanted to text me? But why didn't she sent it?

 

Sana fanned herself to stop her face from blushing. Nayeon missed me? She did! 

Fluttered by the new thing she learnt, the younger turned the phone off as so not to invade Nayeon's private life any longer. Waking up the older one, and now she's suddenly called an idiot.

 

"Yah! Unnie! Who are you calling an idiot?" Sana teasingly pouted while placing her head comfortably beside Nayeon's stomach on the couch.

 

"You. Who else?" Goodness Nayeon unnie, how could you be so cute when you just woke up?!

 

Sana pouted in defeat "I thought you missed me"

 

"Who told you that lie?"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

Nayeon laughed as this was the first time that Sana looked utterly defeated in shock as if she lost a lottery ticket for life. The younger curled herself towards the corner refusing to look back at her unnie. Nayeon swore it felt as if Sana shrinked so small while releasing a negative aura of sadness around her. 

 

"Sana! Stop being a big baby when you're not even one" 

 

"Ha! Ha! Laugh all you want"

 

"Hey! If anything I should be the one sulking right now" Nayeon stiffled her laughter. But no avail, failed. Everything just seemed to be funny.

 

"I never called you an idiot, though?" Sana tilted her head and was met with a loud smack from a pillow on Nayeon's hands.

 

"So leaving me all by myself, and ditching me alone, without even telling me where on Earth you're going would make that as an excuse?"

 

"Oh!" Sana realized her mistake as she went to bow her head on the floor. "I am really sorry Nayeon unnie. But I had Mina drive you back because I was on a hurry. Are you mad that I cut our date short? Let's go on another one next week!"

 

Sana said all those in one shot that it made Nayeon wonder if Sana knows how to rap seeing that her words really went fast. Not that it matters tho. Luckily, Nayeon managed to understood them anyway. 

 

Sana, on the other hand, misunderstood Nayeon's silence. Could it be that unnie is super mad at me? She's afraid to raised her head thinking that Nayeon might look at her with such hatred at her eyes. Although one day, if she learns the truth, she could look at me with such eyes that I fear to see.

 

*Pat* *Pat* *More headpats*

 

"Wait! Chakaman! Gidaryo! Matte!" Sana panicked as she scrawled away hurriedly that she forgot how small their apartment is, and that she didn't notice how the wall is now an inch from her head.

 

"Ouch!" And yes, she just bumped her head so hard she's now rolling on the floor while clutcing her head. Maybe Nayeon's right, she is an idiot after all.

 

Who would not panic like that anyway? IF your love of your life who refuses to show affection purposely (tho its not) but does it unknowingly (again its not) pats your head in such an overly-friendly manner? What else? it made her heart skip a lot of beats too much that the only thing she could do is to get away from her to save her heart that's about to burst in a moment?

 

Nayeon unnie might really be the death of me, but not that i'm complaining.

 

------

 

"Why would you even go hurt yourself like that?"

 

"Nothing its just, you became super nice it freaked me out unnie"

 

Sana looked at Nayeon whose laughing on the other end of the sofa while scooping an ice cream to . Its already 12 in the midnight and Nayeon insisted for them to eat it since she believes that ice cream can be eaten anytime of the day.

 

Nayeon stares at Sana's head every minute. Checking to see if it needs more medical attention than what they are doing right now. Nayeon's one hand holds the ice cream while the other firmly holds the ice pack in place. They argued as to why she should be the one to do that, and in the end the younger gave in, reasoning that Nayeon felt to be responsible for it after all.

 

"Give me that" Sana opened her palm to Nayeon signalling for her tub. "I'll feed you instead unnie, its tiring to do both things at the same time. You have to let go of your other hand, so the other could do it better"

 

Sometimes, Sana really says things with philosophical sense. "Okay, here. Feed me" 

 

Sana did as what she's told. Wait a second... As the spoon got on Nayeon's mouth, the older one realized what she had just blurted out. And perhaps Sana is the same since the younger just kept on looking down as she fed her. This is embarassing in so many ways!

 

"Ahem!" It took them a few minutes to calm down. Sana feds herself while feeding Nayeon while the older tends on her.

 

"Sana, don't ever make me worry about you ever again"

"I'm sorry Nayeonnie. I'll make sure to tell you beforehand"

"Not that. But thanks"

"For what?"

"For the ice cream" For not making me lonely.

"Don't worry unnie. I won't make you feel lonely" 

 

"What? Why?" Nayeon was really surprised to hear Sana's answer.  "Oh, was that not it? I'm sorry unnie its just that you look like it"

 

"Like what?" Sana began to think of something as she pushed her face closer to Nayeon. "Like a kid whose lollipop got stolen by another kid"

 

Oc course, that just led for them to go into a tickle fight but still minding not to waste the ice cream. Nayeon sat closer to the younger now that their panting from exhaustion. "Hey Sana, don't disappear like that ever again without warning. I mean you already did it a while ago, you might do it again in the future. I'll ignore you forever. I can do that so let's make a promise"

 

"I won't. Never again leave your side without warning, i promise"

 

They both knew that promises are meant to be broken but just this once, Nayeon felt happy, hoping that Sana really means it. Despite having a complicated friendship, and realization of newborn feelings. 

Sana knew that too. She once promised to her after all. Sana wanted to believe that, but who was she to lie to herself. They are bound to leave each other anyway. But, its not bad to cherish the feelings she has for her now while she could still stay by her side.

 

But, making promises feels so good that you could be blinded of what might happen next if it gets broken.