Ch. 14: Don't Make Me Worry

Married to my Straight Unnie

A few hours earlier, exactly two hours ago, the international airport has been flooded with lots of news reporters from different media industries, photographers from various agencies, and of course several paparazzi wandering around while waiting for a specific plane arrival from France. Due to the sudden news, it is no doubt that only a group of the people in that moment are what she so-called fans. 

 

"There! There she is!"  One scream made everyone in the airport turn their heads following the whereabouts of a famous person revealing a lady in black surrounded with multiple guards. The way she's dressed only proves how much of an important celebrity she is, wearing all luxury brands from head to toe.

 

And despite wearing a mask to cover her identity, you could definitely tell how stunning the woman is as she stands out from the crowd. Unfortunately, reporters will always be reporters. The woman hurriedly walked faster although it seems difficult as the media pursues to throw questions at her regardless. So tiring. Roaming her eyes, she huffed in disappointment on failing to see the reason that she came back for. Didn't even came to see me, I see. 

 

"Is it true that you are here for a special event?" 

 

"Rumors said that you're planning a big break in your career" 

 

"Did you exclusively signed a contract with the hottest brand of fashion clothing?"

 

"What do you say about the collaboration with PCY Entertainment?"

 

"How do you feel about coming back to your hometown?" 

 

Hmm? The last question made the celebrity lady slow down her tracks then into a halt. She turned her head to the reporter who she thought was the one who asked her while removing her baseball cap. 

 

"I am really happy. So watch out Korea! Kim Jisoo is back to steal your hearts once again!" The woman now named Kim Jisoo ended her response with a cute smile and a wink leaving the media awestruck with cuteness and now finally close to reaching the assigned van. 

 

As her manager closes the van's door, Jisoo sighed in exhaustion then clinging the pillow towards her neck. She almost slept in an instant until remembering that she wasn't the only one in the van. Smiling, Jisoo turned her head towards them and soon got squished in the back seat.

 

"Kim Jisoo! How can you sleep on us when you just arrived?" 

 

"Sorry. Sorry. So please let go of my arm now Rose" Jisoo pulled her arms away from the two younger girls beside her. "Oh I missed you two"

 

"Jisoo unnie you never told us that your flight was moved. Why are you even here? It has only been three years" 

 

Jisoo scrunched her nose at Lisa, adjusting her own posture, "And have double the reporters come to welcome me? No way. I just missed you guys" which in turn replied with giggles.

 

However, Rose is the one who feels uneasy with the situation, looking at Lisa with unbelievable eyes. Do you really have to ask that? then realizing that Jisoo dodged the question.

 

"Does Taehyung oppa knows that you're back?" The oldest turned around to Rose and began pinching her cheeks. 

 

"He might if you tell so please, please Rose, I know you love me so much you won't tell oppa right?" Rose held her cheeks as she looked at a pouting Jisoo in front of her. Lisa being the one whose on the phone since the beginning butted in their conversation. "Or oppa could have already known" while showing the other two her phone with her arrival now gradually gaining attention and trending topics in social media on display.

 

"What are you planning on your stay here Jisoo unnie?"

 

"Who knows? Maybe paying my lovely brother and distant cousin a visit." And of course her.

 

Oppa isn't a fan of social media. Rose bit her lip in worry. More importantly, Jisoo isn't saying anything about her. Yes, her favorite dongsaeng. Hearing even a slightest thing about her is better than not hearing anything from Jisoo at all. 

 

Seeing that Lisa is distracting Jisoo to God knows what or who, as the youngest throwed a quick wink at her, indicates that whatever she does is granted. As she fished out her phone from her purse she also noticed that someone sent Jisoo a message and deleted them in an instant. Who could that be?

 

And just like how Taehyung received the news, which had been notified to Mina, and the rest is now for us to see. 

 

But really? How did Jisoo came to Korea without any warning?

 

-------

 

"I thought her contract is still due for a year? Why now oppa?"

 

Why now when I am close to reaching Nayeon's heart?

 

"That's what I also wanted to know" Taehyung paused before he dropped his head. "I'm only hoping that she hasn't found out anything for now"

 

Sana forced herself to say something. But no matter how hard she tried, she just can't.

 

The younger began to overthink about a lot of things. She is back. Kim Jisoo is back. What would I do if we bump into each other? Surely one of these days our paths might crossed again. As long as she still hasn't contacted me, everything's gonna be fine. I don't want Nayeon to know. I don't want to hurt Nayeon. I don't want to hurt Jisoo or Taehyung too. I'm now close to dealing with everything, just a little more. Because Nayeon...

 

"Nayeon..." 

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows towards the girl muttering Nayeon's name once again. 

 

"We are in the middle of a crisis so think about it first before Nayeon"

 

"Nayeon always comes first oppa" 

 

"And Jisoo is my priority"

 

"But Nayeon is already involved in this"

 

"And my sister won't get mad for this?!"

 

"But I might hurt Nayeon"

 

"Damn it! Sana! Your girlfriend is my sister! Why aren't you even thinking of Jisoo's feelings, huh?"

 

Sana flinched wanting to speak something in return, to defend herself and defend Nayeon. I, I can't tell you. The two exchanged heated remarks towards each other. Each understands the other's point.

 

A brother whose worried about her sister and a lover whose worried about her beloved. That's how it is. Yet, that's not how it is gonna end.

 

"That's enough" 

 

Sana and Taehyung turned their heads towards the voice. "Finally, Namjoon hyung! Why don't you help me explain everything to this girl who doesn't seem to understand me" Taehyung looked away signalling that he can't bear with it anymore.

 

Namjoon listened to each syllable they spoke. Sensing that the two of them has their heads in maximum rage, he finally made his presence notice. Yet, what he also observed from their conversation is that Taehyung might have missed a thing or two that Sana or Jisoo had never gotten the chance to told him, or never told him in purpose?

 

"Namjoon oppa, why are you here too?" Sana asked ignoring Taehyung beside her.

 

"To drive us back to the office Sana-ssi. We need to be careful so you shall not ride with Mr. Kim"

 

As Taehyung heard them, he immediately the engine of his audi. "Better. That way we can avoid killing each other" He glanced at them one more time as he made the car horn before leaving.

 

---

The road towards the office is silent. Seeing that the traffic light displays red, Namjoon gave Sana an envelope. "Pictures? What are these oppa?"

 

"Ms. Sana, how much do you trust Mr. Kim?"

 

"What do you mean?" Sana begun to scan the following photographs. Each one containing people and events that could be used as a critical information of something that could destroy them all. But how? And as if Namjoon read her mind she can't believe his response.

 

"I retrieved them from Mr. Kim's office" 

 

Sana feels speechless. The photos where all of which contains her and Nayeon and if she were to recall it, these are all taken for almost half a year now. The same timeline as to when I decided to pursue Nayeon to marry me. 

 

Pushing her betrayed feelings aside, her eyes never left the road in front of them. "Good job Kim Namjoon. I believe that isn't all? Is it?" How about the minion who followed us to Australia and back here to Korea?

 

"Yes Miss Sana, but we have arrived" Namjoon glanced towards Sana's hand whose clutching the photos so hard, heading towards the lobby of Nakamoto Internationals. 

 

------------

 

"Mina~ Please let us wait for a little more. I'm sure Sana will arrive soon. I can wait that much."

 

Mina whose begging or more like forcing Nayeon to come with her have been really stressed as to what to do with the older girl. If only you're not that important to Sana, kidnapping you is gonna be the best way. Avoiding such illegal thoughts, she shaked her head already imagining what could Sana do to her if she does anything bad to Nayeon.

 

"Nayeon-ah" Mina started as Nayeon resists Mina's hold on her wrist. "Sana have urgent matters to do in the company. She called me to pick you up instead and just wait for her at your apartment"

 

Nayeon tilted her head in confusion. "What? Company? Today's her day off at work."

 

Oh shoot. "I mean the company she's working in. PCY, she's at PCY for some urgent meeting from the newly arrived models from overseas" Mina ended with a not-so-awkward laugh as she brushed her hair aside.

 

"Ahh, I have heard of it." Nayeon lowered her head muttering something not for Mina to hear. "But we are supposedly out for a shopping date"

 

"Could you be mi--"

 

"I'm just worried!" Nayeon tried to stop Mina to finish her words. She's only worried, nothing else.

 

Mina who's beside her pretended that she hasn't heard anything from the older unnie. Suddenly, Nayeon's face made her pause for awhile. What's with that face? Dejection? Disappointment? Wait... Ah, impossible... Why would she? 

 

Mina have seen that kind of face before but she can't pinpoint where and when. She ignored it thinking that maybe Nayeon is only like that because Sana ditched her alone.

 

Or Mina is denying the fact of what she discovered just now.

 

-----

 

Nayeon kept on looking at the front door. It has been a few hours and Sana hasn't arrived yet. Glancing at her phone for the 35th time already, there is still no text or calls or anything from the younger which makes her worried even more.

 

Worried because Sana just left without hearing anything from her.

 

Worried if Sana might be involved in danger somewhere.

 

Worried that she's stopping Sana from doing what she needs to do.

 

Eh? Wait...what? Why would she be worried about the last part? Surely, if there is something that Sana is working on about, the younger would tell her. Or, maybe not since they have their own life to mind themselves.

 

Nayeon feels the deafening silence to be painful. Somehow this feels like deja vu. And if things cannot be any more worse than it is, she began to recall those memories she dared to left behind. Being alone in the house with no one she could talk to. Being left alone by the people who used to care for her. Being left by Sana.

 

-----

 

"That's Im Nayeon to you."

"The one who stole Park Chanyeol oppa from Kim Jennie?"

"Huh? I thought Kim Jennie likes Minatozaki Sana?"

"Its no wonder, its gonna be Minatozaki Sana and Park Jihyo"

"I vote for a year-gap couple, Kim Jisoo and that junior Minatozaki Sana"

"Wasn't Im Nayeon the one that Min Yoongi likes?"

This is why I hate going to the university cafeteria. But I have no choice, the convenience store was unexpectedly closed. With a sigh, Nayeon ignored all those malicious rumors. College is a place of unremarkable stories after all.

"Wait, where is Im Nayeon going?"

"Who knows maybe on that creepy but pretty garden at the back of the university again"

"But the fountain in the garden is under rennovation though"

Hmm, to the rooftop it is. As usual, after buying lunch in the cafeteria, she goes directly straight to the garden, her oasis. But after hearing that, then she goes to her second comforting place. No one dares to enter the cursed rooftop as the rumors circulate on how people who goes up there tends to fall without any warning.

Thanks to those fake or whatever rumors, she got the rooftop to herself. Although she doesn't knew the reason why she's looking forward to eat there. Weird, like something's gonna happen. Oh my, is this the curse of the rooftop?!

Ah, I hate this. Jihyo and Jeongyeon were called by the faculty. Momo has an upcoming contest. Those 3 juniors are in an outdoor club. I'm left alone in here. I am pretty sure that i have a pretty face but I never knew that this could also be the reason for some people to despise me.

-----

"Its really hard to be pretty!" I screamed without giving a care anymore.

"So, it really is hard for you?"

"Ahh!" I never knew how loud was it that you covered my mouth with your hands. Guessing from that uniform, a juinor?

"Sorry, sunbaenim. I didn't meant to startle you. But its cute since you're pretty"

"Who are you? Why are you here? Don't you know the rumors here?"

"What am i? A kid to believe in those?"

"Are you from the journalists club? Care to squeeze rumors out of me?"

"I'm from the photography club. Care to take pictures of only beautiful things"

---

"The rooftop isn't a pretty place, is it?"

"But sunbaenim is pretty, so the rooftop is now pretty"

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Maybe the rooftop curse is true after all"

"It is since you're a kid"

"No, because I think I just fell for - ah! the time! Bye sunbaenim! See you tomorrow!

"Why did you even think that i'll be here again tomorrow?"

"Because you haven't known my name yet, Nayeon-sunbae!"

----

"I knew it. You're gonna be here"

"Thanks"

"For what?"

"For not making me lonely"

"Then, I'll make... to.... happy"

"I didn't catch that. What was it?"

"Nothing. I won't let you feel lonely. Don't worry sunbae."

-----

 

I'm getting crazy to dreamt of the past. Laying her back on the couch, Nayeon just sighed due to exhaustion while covering her eyes with her arms. 

 

"How could I not worry? Just...where are you?"

 

Nayeon let her body relaxed on its own as she fell asleep. She never realized that a stray of tear rolled down her face.