Ch. 1: The Ice Cream Proposal

Married to my Straight Unnie

Nothing special. That is what Nayeon thinks of as she wakes up early (again) to get herself prepared for the whole day and work her sass of in this big-fat company supervised by a loud and annoying Manager well she better not said it out loud though. 

"Come on Nayeon, why not come with us?" Jeongyeon nudged her in the arm while playfully wriggling her oh-so-pale eyebrows. 

Oh and let's not forget her oh-so-annoying workmates/friends who always bother her, in a good way of course. 

"Stop that Jeong, you know how much I hate clubs and I have much more better things to do."

It is not a lie though since for Nayeon, work and a 10-hour sleep is better than being wasted in a bar full of couples making out in the corner and a place  that smells like a combination of booze and vomit. 

Jihyo sighed while fixing her things as she listened to the two exchaged remarks again, which sometimes results to
a pouting Nayeon, a grinning Jeongyeon-

-"Yah! You two, finish cleaning up first then go back to insulting each other's faces" -and a pissed Jihyo. 


As the three walk downstairs, Nayeon can't help but feel guilty at rejecting her friends invitations going out, making friends, and meeting with strangers. It feels as if she's choosing her bed over her friends who's always there for her through thick and thin.

My bed is also as important as my friends.

Jihyo chuckled at the silence as the two looked at her confused.

"Unnie don't worry about it. I know how much pressured you are with your family which is why we just wanted you to chill and loosen up even for a little bit." Jeongyeon looks at Jihyo and immediately agreed.

"Its going to be okay bunny, its not like being always asked by your parents of 'when are you going to get a boyfriend and 'when will you introduce someone to us' is some kind of a big deal." Which resulted for them to laugh out loud at each other making people stare at them. 

"Next time I promise I'll go with you but no meeting with strangers yeah?" Nayeon snickered while clasping her hands. 

"Its good to be single Nayeon unnie, but its better to go home knowing that someone you love waits for you every night" Jihyo uttered with sincerity laced in her voice.

"You're saying that since you got a cutie boyfie Jihyo, while Nayeon here has lived her title as a no-boyfriend-since-birth bunny" 

"Yah Yoo Jeongyeon! At the very least I am still prettier than you even if I am single!"

"HAHAHAHAHAH your words not mine, pretty bunny with no lovelife!"

Jihyo stopped the two before they might start another word war again. 

Nayeon just pouted at her friends' words that are very very accurate. 

I am pretty sure that I am very pretty so why am I still single? Her face obviously distressed.

"Okay Unnies I'm going now. Daniel is already here. Bye Nayeon-unnie, Jeongyeon-unnie"

"Me too, I need to fetch Momo at her shop. Bye girls!"

Nayeon just smiled to her friends after bidding farewells to each other. 

Well here goes nothing. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Nayeon walks back to her apartment, punching the code and throwing her bag and coat to the couch. 

Ugh, stressful. So freakin' tired. 

She is used to living alone herself. Cooking alone, eating alone, watching alone, washing alone, bathing alone, and more and more things that she does alone. 

So why would she bother to find herself a lover if she can do all those things alone?

Sometimes she would listen to Jihyo's and Jeongyeon's interesting lovelives and she can't help but feel curious. Yes she refuse to admit that she's jealous yeah I'm just curious. 

 

After eating dinner, Nayeon walked upstairs and did all her evening routine. She tiredly climbed under the covers and unlocks her phone as usual.

8pm. Nayeon feels something was off but she can't put together what is it that she forgot to do.

 

Something. Something. 

 

-Knock-knock-

 

Ahh more like someone.

 

Speaking of the devil, guess that might be her.

 

-Knock-knock-knock-knock-

 

"Okay okay wait I'm coming" Nayeon rushed to go downstairs not surprised by the visit of the Japanese blonde at all.   

 

The moment the door swung open, Sana wholeheartedly hugged her second favorite Unnie. Ofcourse she will never ever tell Nayeon about that because for sure Nayeon won't stop asking her who is her first favorite and she does not want to go to that yet. 

"Nayeonnie I missed you so much! Here I brought Ice cream with me" Sana said while showing 2 plastic bags full of Nayeon's favorite Chocolate ice cream tubs. 

"Why would you miss me? You did sent me earlier at work"

"Can't I just miss my pretty Unnie? I heard from Jihyo that you were busy all day so I'm here" AND I WANTED TO SEE YOU AND HUG YOU. Sana just screamed the last part in her head. 

"We are always busy Sana. Thank you for the ice cream."

"Anything to make you happy Nayeonnie" The older just rolled her eyes at the younger. Such a sweet talker indeed. 

"So how was your visit to your parents Unnie?"

"I knew it. Jihyo probably told you about that too." Nayeon said and stopped eating her ice cream. 

"You got me there Unnie!" The blonde just smiled sheepishly while holding a peace sign.

"Say Unnie who was it this time?"
 

Truth to be told, Nayeon has always been so tired of telling her parents to stop introducing handsome lads to her. Whenever her parents asked her to come to their house, she would already knew the reason why. Yes. Nayeon's parents always shows Nayeon, pictures of successful and handsome looking men and she can't help but feel annoyed by it. No matter how much she told them that she just wanted to be alone and not jump into a relationship yet, her parents would just tell her that she's getting old without experiencing good romance. They wanted the best for their daughter even if it looks like forcing a groom for her, they will do it with no doubt. Nayeon sometimes just shakes her head at her parents' craziness. She still remembers that time when she was introduced to the Worldwide handsome chef Kim Seokjin, or the next CEO of Jeon Enterprises Jeon Jungkook, the famous Korean model Kim Taehyung,  the hunk Chinese fencer Jackson Wang and etc. Nayeon admits that all of them are handsome inside out yet she cannot imagine herself living with them forever in one roof. Which is why, Nayeon just befriended them all and is thankful that feelings are mutual. 

 

"Its Park Chanyeol" Nayeon said meeting the hazelbrown orbs of the Japanese whose eyes are wide in shock.

"WHAT? The composer and song-writer Chanyeol? The Park Chanyeol?" Sana can't help but be alarmed at the new information. 

"Sana careful. Yes, THAT Park Chanyeol"

"Oh, did you say yes?"

Nayeon just shooked her head at Sana. Whenever she tells the younger about it, she can't help but notice the Japanese wearing a neutral expression that she can't specifically understand what kind of emotion it shows. She's really good at hiding her inner emotions. 

"Hahah they won't really stop being like that eh, Nayeonnie?" Sana swear she struggled to hide the bitter tone of her voice. 

"Unfortunately yes. I get it that that I'm already 25 and still single but being married to some stranger is what I don't get." 

Sana sighed and began to open  but nothing came out. The older looks at Sana confused as to why is the blonde acting like that.

 

A few minutes of silence had passed with both of them finishing 2 tubs of the semi-melted ice cream.

"Sana, are you okay?" The blonde just hummed and the next thing she said made Nayeon froze in her seat.

“Nayeon-unnie..why not marry me?”

“W-what?”

“I promise to be a good wife!”

Hmm.. Marry you huh? wait. WHAT?

"STOP JOKING LIKE THAT I ALMOST CHOKED TO DEATH AGHH"

"I AM NOT" 

"..."

"..."

"You're drunk aren't you?" Nayeon just randomly said (without thinking) to break the tense atmosphere. Great just great. 

"Unnie I have a high alcohol tolerance and I did not drink on my way here. Do you think this ice cream had alcohol?" Sana facepalmed herself to Nayeon's stupidity.

"Holy...you.. you're being serious?"

"Is that a yes?"

"WHAT?" MAYBE. 

Sana smiled sincerely at Nayeon who still seemed to process what on earth is going on. 

 

The next thing Nayeon knew, all the mess they made where already gone, cleaned by the blonde. 

"Sana, I ahmm I better call Jeongyeon or Momo to fetch my heart. I mean to fetch you. You better go home now"

"Hahahah No need Unnie I'm going now."

"Ahmm okay bye."


But before Nayeon completely closes the door, Sana whispered something to her ear that made her slam the door shut and rushed to her bed.

Go to sleep now or I'll sleep with you. And I am being serious. Goodnight Nayeon-unnie. 

Nayeon continued to move around her bed hoping to sleep the night away but neither her mind nor her heart lets her be at peace. 

 

That night, Nayeon does not know why she can't sleep and why Sana's words kept running through her head and why her heart beats so loud. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Their ages are adjusted in the story.
         Nayeon & Jisoo - 25
         Jeongyeon & Momo - 24
         Jihyo & Mina - 23
         Sana - 21