Ch. 10: What's Important is the Present

Married to my Straight Unnie

“Sana! I’m ready. Are you done?”

 

“Just a minute Unnie!” Sana shouted for Nayeon to hear her at the other side of the door. 

 

“Clothes on the bed Sana-yah” Nayeon heard Sana shout a loud thank-you-unnie as she went back on applying her lipstick.

 

Peaking her head out the bathroom, Sana sees a blue jeans and white blouse sitting on top of the bed. The younger quickly fixed her hair and put on the clothes Nayeon prepared for her, knowing that her wife will be displease with the thought of her taking longer in the bathroom than expected.

 

“Your camera?” Nayeon appeared behind Sana who’s still putting her shirt with Sana’s cardigan at hand.

 

“It’s here... Your phone?” Sana turned to her as Nayeon checked inside her bag pulling her and Sana’s phone.

 

“Here mine and yours… Is my lipstick good?” The older one slightly pouted her lips to the younger as Sana lightly brushed her thumb at the edge of Nayeon’s lips.

 

*badump* 

 

“You’re pretty.” Sana just laughed as Nayeon snorted. “I’m good let’s go” She grabbed the car keys on the table while waiting for Nayeon who went back at the table since the older is the one to lock the door.

 

Sana unlocked the car bringing Nayeon’s bag and hers in hand as she opened the passenger seat. They entered their car as the blonde stepped on the pedal after making sure they both put seatbelts on.

 

The ride to Nakamoto Internationals is silent yet has a calming atmosphere for the both. They talk here and there and sometimes sings along with the radio on.

 

“Damn…” Sana bit her lip in frustration, “Nayeon-unnie can you check if I brought the batteries? Maybe in the front zipper or by the minibox”

 

“Sana-yah” Nayeon took Sana’s attention as the stoplight still flashes the red light. Sana wonders why Nayeon is checking on her bag and not on Sana’s. Before she could ask the older why, she just shook her head at the latter while hiding her grin.

 

“I knew you’d forget it, you placed it beside the vase last night remember. I told you to keep it, yet you did not listen to me you idiot” Nayeon said with I’m-used-to-it tone of voice, placing the batteries on Sana’s bag.

 

“Sorry Unnie, I will make sure to remember it next time” Sana stated while lightly glancing at Nayeon and letting out an apologetic smile, and at the same time that they are approaching the building.

 

Sana leans toward Nayeon as the older gets out of the car. “I’ll fetch you at 5?

 

“Yes, but if only you can”

 

“Of course, if its for Nayeonnie then I can, I will fetch you anytime you want”

 

Nayeon internally rolled her eyes already used to hearing Sana’s remarks.

 

“Alright go now, be careful” Nayeon closed the door before Sana could even reply once again. Unbeknownst to her, that she’s walking with a beautiful smile in her face since Sana started to live with her.

 

Sana shook her head in amusement. She is happy since Nayeon and her are still together now for nearly 3 months. It has also been those 3 months since Nayeon’s parents shut them out, despite that they would only check on their daughter occasionally and ignoring Sana at all. The younger could only hope that someday Nayeon’s parents would accept her although half of her also wishes for Nayeon’s parents to stay mad at her for some reason.

 

It isn’t just about the situation that changed because Sana is confident that she and Nayeon is much closer ever since. Once they wake up in the morning, Sana would cook breakfast while Nayeon prepares their things. Her Unnie is also the one who suggested to prepare Sana’s clothes every time the girl wakes up late. Then by that includes checking up on each other’s things and driving Nayeon to the company then to her work, and back to fetching Nayeon. Still, Sana can’t help but smile every time they’re together for that is Sana’s only wish in the present.

 

“Sana-unnie!” Sana looked at the direction of the voice seeing Yeri with a bunch of folders at hand. She walked beside the latter, helping Yeri in bringing the other files. Now it is noticeable that the company seems to be busier than usual.

 

“Hey Yeri-ah what are all these for? Is there an important deal?” Sana asked Yeri who looked at her in disbelief.

 

“Aish Unnie. Remember that model from Paris that I told you? She will be here on the afternoon. So everyone are quiet rush since everyone knows that meeting with her is still next week.”

 

“I see… and that the boss does not have the heart to disappoint her, am I right? Just how important is this model”

 

The two just shrugged as they see lots of employees working restlessly. If before, Sana isn’t curious even in the slightest bit, she can’t help but be intrigued as to who is the model the company have taken. She looked at Yeri to asked whoever it is but got cut off seeing the girl now doing work and mouthing later. Another thing is that, seeing Seulgi and Wendy walking towards her with a bunch of documents does not seem to work out either.

 

I guess this time I will accept defeat.

---

 

“Aish I’m so beat” Yeri stretched her arms looking at Sana whose now also finished within a minute.

 

“Same. I wanna hit the bar once this project ends” Sana suggested as she suddenly felt her ears itch. Is someone talking about me? Hmm. Few minutes more then to Nayeon we go.

 

“Ah Yeri I have not asked about this earlier but who is this model? PD-nim assigned me and Seulgi sunbaenim for this project. They only told us that it goes with the name Kim Soo-ji was it? I wasn’t present in the meeting earlier” Sana asked hopefully getting an answer from her workmate.

 

“Ehh? But Unnie that model is Kim –

 

“KIM YERI! Fix this immediately” The whole office got silent seeing Wendy in a serious professional yet raging mode. No one would want to mess up with their Manager.

 

“Don’t worry Yeri, go before Wendy-unnie drags you from here” Sana now feel pity for Yeri who gulped in nervousness.

 

Well, now maybe time to fetch my wife.

 

Gathering her things, she quickly bid farewell to Seulgi and walked out of the building. I’ll text Nayeon if she needs something for dinner. Well that is not always the case though.

 

*BAAM* *CRACK*

 

Sana grunt in emotional pain hearing her phone cracked as it reached the floor without having the chance to save it. She attempted to apologize to the person she bumped with yet was surprised to see the person just continued walking away, though she is sure she heard a whispered sorry with that.

 

Sana being Sana walked up to the girl that have stopped on her tracks yet with her back facing the curious lady. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going. Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine. Sorry but I am in a hurry” Hearing from that voice, Sana recognized it as a woman. With that said, the girl started to walk faster as if not to be recognized who she is.

 

Sana was also to follow the girl when her phone rang. She muttered a loud as she sees the time while answering the call, ignoring her broken screen.

 

“Hey Nayeonnie… Yeah I’m on my way”

---

 

“Yeri-ssi that was close, good thing you have a back-up for this” Wendy finally feel relieved seeing that everything is in order. All is set and the meeting with the model and the other staffs are only needed to be done tomorrow. Though Yeri is the one who is in thankful state since she isn't in the hot seat no more.

 

-Knock-knock-knock-knock-

 

"Come in the door is open" Wendy shouted calmly as everyone's gaze turned towards the door. 

 

"Hello" As soon as the girl wearing black mask and black hoodie greeted them, everyone got a hunch as to who the person standing in front of them is.

 

Wendy being the Manager stepped in for the woman. "Hi I am Wendy. Let's go to the Director's office" The girl just nodded her head in agreement. 

 

"Yeri you can go now. Please get Seulgi and Sana, we need them to know that our client has arrived" Wendy requested while getting some important files at hand. Unbeknownst to them, hearing that person's name made the girl smile in interest. 

 

Sana..?

 

"Wendy sunbaenim, Sana Unnie have already gone home while Seulgi unnie went out for a sudden request of a client" Yeri bowed her head feeling sorry that both of the photographers in charge are not present as of the moment, especially when it is an important client.

 

"Its fine. My manager is sick. I am only here to say that I am in for the meeting" The girl in a mask stated, that caught Yeri's curiosity. 

 

"Alright. Tomorrow we will formally introduce you to everyone, if that is fine?" Wendy shrugged and took note of talking with her manager.

 

"Yes. It's really fine. Thank you very much." The girl bowed and left them smiling. Even if she is wearing a mask, her beauty is really outstanding. 

 

Such a waste that a beauty's smile is hidden behind the mask.

 

----------

 

---BEEP---BEEP----

 

"Nayeon-unnie good work today" Sana let out one of her sweetest smiles as Nayeon entered the car.

 

Nayeon smiled back in return, and as always, Sana fixes her seatbelt for her. "How's work Sana?" 

 

"Today well... so far so good but tomorrow is a big deal for a new project i am assigned with" Nayeon just hummed as Sana started driving their way back home. The older then began thinking of ways to at least lessen the younger's stress. She do not know why seeing Sana gloomy makes her this sad too.

 

Its a common thing for Nayeon now. Living together with Sana for already 6 months made her learn a lot of things about the younger and one of it is the technique of happiness when it comes to food.

 

"How about chicken for tonight's dinner?" Nayeon playfully suggested at Sana whose eyes are now shining with excitement. "Then.. we can also have a few cans of beer, right Unnie?" The older nodded her head and giggled at Sana's cuteness. 

 

"As long as you get me my favorite dessert, we're even" Nayeon purposely blunter while crossing her arms. Sana in the driver's seat cannot help but chuckle at Nayeon's childishness.

 

"That's a deal" Sana winked at the older as she pulled the car in front of a store. 

 

"Unnie... Just saying that whoever gets there last will pay for tonight" Nayeon did not get the chance to pick up what Sana have said. She went blank seeing Sana went out of the car in a hurry.

 

"Wait... WHAT?! SANA!" 

---

 

"Ouch!" Sana pouted at Nayeon while patting the icebag in her cheeks. "Nayeonnie so mean"

 

Let's just say that Sana's cheeks were tortured by a cute angry warrior named Nayeon. 

 

"You deserve it" Nayeon in return while eating their ice cream (to which Sana paid for both the chicken and ice cream, and that she cannot argue if Nayeon wants to eat in a dessert-meal-dessert pattern) raised her eyebrow to the younger which in her prespective looks like a dog who is going to be abandoned by her owner. 

 

"Unnie is an ice cream monster!" The younger pouted more and tried putting a pissed face on. Nayeon my ice cream monster at least <3

 

Nayeon felt guilty seeing Sana looking like she is really in pain. She surprised the younger by taking the ice bag and removing Sana's grip on it. 

 

"Unnie?" 

 

"Don't say a word" 

 

Sana does not know anymore if what her feeling is the hotness of Nayeon's body close to hers or the icebag held by Nayeon being placed in her cheek. Shrugging her feelings and trying so hard to keep it inside, she continued eating the ice cream so as to lessen her nervousness.  this, I'm falling harder.

 

Sana just let Nayeon do what the older wants. Letting her be the one to dab the ice on her cheeks. Thinking that her pity-act-face made Nayeon like this, or she pretends that it is not hurting. Meanwhile Nayeon can now see how red Sana's cheeks are. It's red...and Sana has soft cheeks I see. You're hurt and still doesn't blame it on me. 


*badump* 

 

Nayeon widened her eyes, as she felt it once again and its not just for today as well.

Sana looked confused why her Unnie is now taking a deep breath. Nayeon decided to talk once again with her friends about this thing.

 

Oh God I need to go see a doctor. This feeling is scaring me to death.