Chapter 7 - someone to stay

this is why I need you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII

 

 

 

someone to stay

 

 

 

 

“Nice to meet you, Jennie,” JiSoo shakes her hand. Jennie can feel the coldness and the wetness of JiSoo’s hand, but it is soft to the touch.

 

JiSoo’s hand still trembles after Jennie breaks the contact. Cold sweats still run down her back, but she is glad that they have formally introduced themselves to each other. A part of her is at ease that she has finally approached the woman who hasn’t left her mind since the moment she saw her. It feels like a weight has been lifted off her chest.

 

Jennie, on the other hand, finds it stranger that a woman like JiSoo is talking to her. She can’t deny the fact that the woman who is standing in front of her is beautiful. Though she finds it strange and she has no idea why, but she can feel a sense of comfort even just by JiSoo’s presence.

 

“Do you mind if I join you or do-” Jennie quickly cuts her off.

 

“I’d appreciate it if you join me. I’m alone anyway.”

 

“Okay,” JiSoo takes a seat, facing Jennie. A moment of silence passes by until JiSoo decides to strike a conversation with her.

 

“Are you always here? Like everyday?”

 

“Yeah, pretty much. My friend is currently part of the management team and sometimes I help him out and the other staffs when the place gets busy.”

 

The brown haired girl nods, taking a sip from her matcha smoothie. “What about you, JiSoo?”

 

“To be completely honest…” JiSoo thinks hard for a moment. “This is currently my favorite place on earth. The ambiance is comforting. And the coffee is A1. Literally, everything about this place is… I have no words.”

 

Jennie’s mouth curves into a genuine smile. “That’s not what I meant though, but I’ll surely tell my friend your review. He would be ecstatic to hear that.”

 

“Oh,” JiSoo’s cheeks turn beet red from embarassment.

 

“It’s okay,” Jennie laughs. “So what do you do for a living, JiSoo?”

 

JiSoo finally recovers when she hears Jennie saying her name. “I’m a writer.”

 

“Really? That’s awesome!” Jennie’s eyes light up. “I’ve never met a writer before. Like a legit one.”

 

“Somebody has take one for the team, I guess,” JiSoo jokingly sighs, earning a cute giggle from Jennie. “But I’m glad I’m the first writer you’ve met.”

 

“So, what genre do you usually write about?”

 

“Mostly, romance.”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re one of those writers who love to break people’s hearts?” Jennie crosses her arms.

 

“What? No way,” JiSoo takes another sip. “I only write fluffy stuff.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter