Chapter 1 - hurts like hell

this is why I need you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I

 

 

 hurts like hell

 

 

 

“Will you be okay in Korea, Jen? You can be my roommate and stay here for the time being. You barely know anyone in Seoul,” ChaeYoung says.

 

Jennie sighs.

 

“I have to get out of here, Chaeng. I don't think there are any job opportunities here for me. Do you remember Song MinHo from finance class? I reached out to him on Facebook. He said that he would willingly help me in getting a job there.”

 

“Song MinHo? Really? Of all people, Jen? He was obsessed with you since our freshman year. He only stopped because you and-”

 

“Don't mention his name. Don't you dare," Jennie clenches her fist. "Can't you at least be supportive, Chaeng?”

 

ChaeYoung stands up and takes a seat beside Jennie. She takes her hand and caresses it with her thumb.

 

“I'm sorry. You know I'm just worried. You've been through a lot these past few weeks. I just want you to think this through with a right headspace so you won't make decisions that you will regret in the future.”

“I may be miserable right now, Chaeng, but I'm still sane enough to make decisions for myself. I'll be fine,” Jennie reassures.

 

She regains her composure and attempts to smile, but her lips tremble instead. Tears fall from her eyes. She tries to cry in silence while turning her back on her best friend, but she can't stop her shoulders from shaking. It's nearly 11 in the evening in Park ChaeYoung's apartment. Only the ticking of the clock on the living room wall and Kim Jennie's cries could be heard, as she held the broken pieces of her heart in her quivering hands.

 

Her tears shimmer in the moonlight as they stream down her cheeks. Even though the night is still young, Jennie's soul has grown tired.

 

She just graduated last month. It was the end of autumn, and the leaves on the ground were falling beautifully. It was the end of her youth, but it was also the start of a life she had been working hard for. In May, she was the happiest because she had recently graduated with a degree and a three-year relationship. She was looking forward to seeing what the world and the future had in store for her and their relationship. The month of June arrived, and the streets began to fill with snow. According to the weather forecast, this year's winter would be harsh and cold. The coldest week was the last week of June. Kai, or Kim JongIn, Jennie's boyfriend since sophomore year, decided to break up with her. He didn't go into great detail about why he wanted to break up with her. Jennie begged with him several times, asking if she could still fix whatever was broken. He kicked her out of his apartment as his answer.

 

The break-up was as harsh and cold as winter.

 

 

“JiSoo, I didn't mean to hurt you. I left him, okay? You're the only one I want. I was stupid, but I won't do it again. Please hear me out,” SeulGi says, banging on her door.

 

JiSoo sobs as she holds back the urge to open the door. She doesn't want to see her ex-girlfriend again—despite the fact that she still loves her—despite the infidelity she committed behind her back. She saw herself in the future with Kang SeulGi. She wanted to get down on one knee and propose to her. She wanted to start a family with her. JiSoo's first love was Seulgi. They had been in love since high school. JiSoo wished for SeulGi to be her last love if only she remained faithful to her. JiSoo has a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter