Chapter 4 - idk you yet

this is why I need you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IV 

 

 

 

 idk you yet

 

 

 

 

JiSoo is startled awake by the sound of her telephone ringing. She comes to the realization that she had slept on her couch. When she glances at the clock, she notices that it is already 7 a.m. Who on earth woke me up from my slumber? She groans and bangs her head into the cushion, her mind scheming a murder. She drags herself out of the couch and picks up the telephone to stop the ringing.

 

“Hello,” She answers, voiced hoarsed.

 

“Kim JiSoo!!!” the person on the line yells. “Why aren’t you answering my texts and calls? Are you doing it on purpose, huh?!”

 

JiSoo comes back to her senses and realizes she hasn’t touched her mobile phone in days. The person calling her is her manager, Lisa or Lalisa Manoban, who is also her best friend. She must have worried her.

 

“Geez, it’s like 7 in the morning and you’re already yelling at me. Are you a chicken?” JiSoo retorts.

 

“You’re locked inside that apartment yet you still couldn’t answer your goddamn phone! I’m coming over! Whether you like it or not, Kim JiSoo!” Lisa yelled, making JiSoo to push the telephone away from her ear. “I bet you haven’t seen the sun and eaten a proper breakfast since day one. This is the last straw, JiSoo! I’m dragging your out on the streets and I don’t want to hear your whiny . Now, go on take a bath. I’ll be there in 30.”

 

JiSoo is about to oppose when she hears the beeping sound. She lets out a sigh and pauses for a moment. Lisa is right. Since she shut herself inside her apartment, she hasn't opened her curtains or eaten a proper meal. If she goes out, she might get burned. Maybe now is the time to get out and live like a modern human. Despite her laziness, JiSoo agrees to let Lisa drag her outside. 

 

She takes a look around, realizing she'd been living like a cave woman for several weeks. Her living room is fine, but her kitchen is a disaster, with dishes in the sink that haven't been washed in days. On the counter are cereal boxes and ramen cups. The garbage container is bursting at the seams with water bottles and beverage cans. She frowns at the sight. She takes a deep breath and makes the decision to begin cleaning. But first, she goes into her bedroom to seek for her phone, which she needs to warn Lisa not to enter because her apartment is a complete disaster. Her bedroom begs to differ from the kitchen. It looks like another huge catastrophe. Soiled clothes litter the floor and her study chair, her bedsheet stinks, there are water bottles and plastic wrappers under her bed, and papers are strewn around the room. She hates herself much more than before. Her phone is turned off when she finds it under her pillow. It had to have run out of power. She notices the charger beside her bedside table and charges her phone immediately. She looks at the clock and realizes she just has 15 minutes to get ready. She trips and falls on her way to the bathroom. 

 

Lisa shows up on time. She enters JiSoo's apartment with a spare key to be used in the event of an emergency. When she enters, she is greeted by JiSoo's kitchen, which is a complete disaster. She gags.

 

As if on cue, JiSoo gets out from her shower with a towel wrapped around her body.

 

“Holy ! You scared me!” JiSoo cursed, almost slipping from where she’s standing. “The , Lisa! Didn’t I text you not to come inside?”

 

Lisa rolls her eyes and pulls her phone from her bag, checking her messages to see whether she has received a message from JiSoo. She shoves her phone onto JiSoo's face, only to discover Lisa's texts, which she hadn't seen yet. She giggles uneasily, recalling that her phone's battery had died. 

 

“What text, you little ?” Lisa half-yelled. “You haven’t even read my texts yet! Where is your goddamn phone? Don’t tell me you threw it away because you were being dramatic?”

 

Lisa is coming for , and she is a little uncomfortable, not because she is being chastised by her closest friend, but because she is still wrapped in a towel with water trickling down her body. 

 

“Can I change first? I promise I'll be quick, and you can yell at me after I'm done.”

 

Lisa realizes that JiSoo is still in her towel and crosses her arms. “Oh, you’ll hear more than just yelling from me, Kim JiSoo!”

 

JiSoo smiles and swiftly retreats to her room. She opens her closet and selects the first shirt and pair of pants that catch her attention. She tries to dry her hair for a minute before changing into her clothes. She can hear Lisa becoming frustrated at the sight of her kitchen as she puts on her clothing. She sighs and reminds herself to tidy her apartment later when she returns home or the next day. 

 

After what seems like an eternity, JiSoo takes her phone, keys, and wallet and stuffs them into her one and only white tote bag that hangs on the back of her bedroom door. She doesn't want to wear make-up, but she knows she'll look terrible if she doesn't, so she tries to cover up the dark circles beneath her eyes. She looks in the mirror after doing her make-up and is pleased with herself, despite the fact that she only had a limited amount of time. She tucks her shirt into her pants and slips on her favorite black Chucks. She's dressed in a white shirt and baggy denim jeans. 

 

Congratulations for looking like a decent human being after a month of being miserable. JiSoo mumbles at her reflection.

 

Lisa knocks on her door. “Are you planning to be a prisoner of your own b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter