2010.

Remember I... Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22nd December 2010

 

It was a snowy night in Los Angeles. Song Jihyo was looking at her map book, searching for Santa Monica Pier, where there is an amusement park and the scenery there is beautiful when the sunsets. She wanted to take a look for herself as she was recommended by a friend. But her opportunity to watch the sunset was lost when someone followed her from behind.

 

He attacked her and pulled her at the empty alley. The mugger covered with his hand and a pocket knife on his other hand, pointed at . She dropped her map book and was shocked. “We’re going to do this quietly. Hand over your wallet and your life will be spared.” Song Jihyo does not understand what the robber said to her. She wanted to tell him that she does not understand him but she shook her head instead.

 

Due to the misunderstanding, the man quickly cut her bag strap with his pocket knife. It made Jihyo screamed, terrified about being killed in a foreign country.

 

Before the man could run away with her bag, he looked at her and started to smirk. “Well, well. Looks like I kind of hit the jackpot. I got myself a pretty one.” He started to caress her face with the knife and Jihyo closed her eyes. If she starts to move, she will be killed.

 

The man moved in closer towards her, he was about to smell her neck when someone grabbed him on the shoulder from the back. “Let go of her.” He punched the man across the face. Jihyo panicked and screamed, she squats and covers herself so that she won’t get hurt.

 

The mugger was still holding on to his knife and attacked the guy who saved Jihyo’s life. She managed to hear grunts and when she heard the mugger’s knife dropped on the ground. She looked at it and took it quick before the man could get his hand on it again.

 

She stood up and pointed at the man, frowning. Unable to say a single word of English. She just swung it in front of him. The only English word that came out from her was, “GO! GO!”

 

The man was unhappy, he left empty-handed and Jihyo’s hand was shaking. She dropped the knife on the ground and the guy who just saved her turned to her, “Are you alright?”

 

She just stared into the alley that the man just escaped. The guy picked up the map book and it was in Korean. “You’re Korean?” he asked her in Korean and she turned to look at him. “You can speak Korean?” She asked and he replied, “I am one. Are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you?”

 

She shook her head and she kneeled on the floor. “My bag… He cut my bag…”

 

She sighed and the guy squatted next to her, “I’m just glad you’re alright. Look, we still have time to get you a new bag. I’ll help you get around. How about that?” She turned to him and there was a glimmer in her eyes. She nodded in excitement. He helped her up and introduced himself, “I’m Jongkook. I was born and raised here.”

 

“Jihyo”, she smiled and they exchanged handshakes. They looked into each other's eyes as if an arrow had been shot by a cupid.

 

While Jongkook showed her way to the mall, he asked, “So where were you headed to?”

 

“I was trying to look for Satan Monica Pier but I think I got lost,” Jongkook chuckled at her and Jihyo turned, “What’s so funny?” He shook his head, “How about after we buy a new bag, I’ll bring you to Satan Monica Pier?” He but she still thought that she said the right name. But he just let it be because it amused him with her cute clueless expression.

 

“You would do that?! I mean, don’t you have any plans? Don’t you have a girlfriend or something?” he smiled and shook his head. At the back of Jihyo’s mind, she was glad that he’s single. “Well, don’t you have any boyfriend or a hus…”

 

She cut him off, “No, I don’t.” She said with a fake smile and continued walking side by side.

 

Jongkook realised that her bag was very simple and clean (not anymore). As she walked past all the shops, nothing caught her eyes. Then Jongkook had an idea. He took her by the wrist, “I know just the place that would interest you.”

 

He brought her to a store that sells vintage crossover bags. She gasped and immediately went into the store. She loved this particular bag and when she saw the price tag, she had a minimum budget. She brought little money and had never thought she would be facing this problem.”

 

“Nah… Let’s just go to Satan Monica. I’ll just tie it up.” She said in an upset tone and walked out the store.

 

As she left the store, Jongkook was behind her. “Are you hungry?” To be frank, she got a little hungry after what she had faced earlier. “Are you craving for Korean food or American style?” 

 

“Well, I’m in America, am I? Let’s eat some food here. Your recommendation.” she said with excitement and when he brought her to a restaurant, it was nothing fancy. Just a simple one. 

Jihyo was unable to choose a food from the menu. She could read English but she could not communicate. She understood what was in the menu but she couldn’t pick one as the look of the pictures in the menu looked so delicious, she couldn’t resist herself.

 

“Lost for choice?” she nodded with a pout look. The more he looked at her, he couldn’t help but to smile and felt a thing for her.

 

“You know, I’m good at guessing what kind of food you would like to try.”

 

“Oh really? So you’re a psychic now?” He shook his head, “Just a guess.” As he leaned forward and studied her, he smiled and called the waiter. “I would like to have 2 hamburger steaks. For the sides, we’ll have fries and coleslaw. And 2 Iced Caffe Americano. That is all.”

 

He closed the menu and gave it to the waiter. Jihyo was impressed and nodded her head.

 

“Nice try, Mr Psychic. But that was not what I wanted but…”

 

“But, you were debating if you would get it or not. Hey, I could guarantee that America’s Hamburger Steaks are the best. You can’t get this good back in Korea.” He said and her eyebrow raised, “You’ve been to Korea before?”

 

“From time to time”, he said. “My friend from University came from Korea, so I would visit him every year.”

 

While having their dinner, she just realised that she missed her opportunity to see the sunset in Santa Monica and told him about it. “Why would you want to see the sunset there? How about I give you a free tour around L.A. from a true Los Angelean.” He said with a wink and of course, it was an offer she could not refuse.

 

And whatnot, it’s a free tour by the man who just saved her life.

 

Jongkook took care of the bill and made their way to the destination.

 

“Oh my god! I could see the park already!” Jihyo exclaimed like a kid. He smiled and laughed at her cuteness and she was making her way towards the park excitedly, “hurry up!” She took his wrist and dragged him, “whoa!”

 

As they entered the amusement park, they took some rides. During those rides, Jihyo has been linking her arms around his muscular arms. He did not mind it at all. They looked at the carnival games and when Jihyo pointed to him a cute medium-sized Tiger stuffed animal, he wanted to try to win it for her.

 

“Wait, what are you doing?”

“Trying to win it for you, of course!” He said it with confidence.

 

According to Jihyo, to her, it seems like it was a date. An unexpected date. Jongkook was unable to get her the prize and when Jongkook wanted to try again for the fifth time, he managed to get it.

 

“WAAAHHH!!!!” Jihyo screamed and began to hug him. The man gave Jongkook the prize and Jihyo clapped her hands, jumping for joy. She opened up her arms, waiting for him to give it to him but he turned away, hugging it close to him. 

 

“YAH!!” As she hit him on his shoulders, he turned, putting the stuffed animal on his side, caught her hands with his one big hand. “Keep hitting me or you won’t get it. I worked hard for this so I expect a reward.” He leaned his cheek close to her face. He closed his eyes so that she won’t feel embarrassed about it. So she slapped him, “forget it. Humph!”

 

She turned by the heels and walked away from him. He managed to catch up to her, “hey. We still have one more ride.” He pointed at the ferris wheel. She looked at him, like she knew what his intention was.

 

“I know what you’re thinking, but I think I will leave that to your imagination but there is something I would like to show you.” He said with a smile. She was still skeptical about it but she followed him anyway.

 

They sat across each other and the stuffed animal was still in his possession. While Jihyo looked out, Jongkook looked at her. “Do I look like a scenery to you?” Jihyo said, she knew he has been eyeing on her ever since they got on. 

 

“A scenery that I rarely see in my life.” Jongkook said without thinking.

 

When their cabin stopped, Jihyo couldn’t stop aweing at the view. When she looked at Jongkook, wanting t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter