-Nine-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He said he would be here.

 

Donghae sighed, tapping his slim pointing finger at the wristwatch he was wearing. Three things he hated the most in this world: waiting, long lines, and miscalculations. That damn person already made him violate two out of the three on the list. Waiting and a miscalculation. He misjudged his time of arrival. He should have expected that the other would take his freaking damn time to get ready. Today was supposed to be unlike any Saturday because someone decided to stop him from doing his usual thing: studying.

 

He had thought about cancelling their scheduled meet up but since he was already in the bubble tea shop, might as well wait for some more minutes. He’ll just let the other pay for his drinks and meal.

 

That bastard is already nineteen minutes late. I swear to God if he ever gets here, I would castrate his insides and feed it to Heechul’s cat.

 

“You’re here alone?”

 

Donghae looked up when a voice sounded so close to his established personal space. If his memory served him correctly, it was Hyukjae’s friend who is also an employee here at the shop. The black-haired man who he believed is taller than him (by quite a few inches) was mopping the floor.

 

“No. I’m waiting for someone,” he answered, trying not to sound impolite. “Do you mind if I wait for him before I order?”

 

The black-haired employee shook his head, granting him with a soft smile. “Not at all. I have seen you here a few times before. You are Hyukjae’s friend, right?”

 

Am I Hyukjae’s friend? What’s the definition of a friend anyway? Someone who has your back? Someone who would do anything for you? Someone who would help you when you think no one’s there for you?

 

Now that he gave it some thoughts, Hyukjae did all those things for him and more. Maybe he found the answer and so he looked at the guy once again.

 

“Yeah. I’m Hyukjae’s friend.”

 

Why did that sound so right?

 

“I’m Jongwoon, Hyukjae’s co-worker and friend. I’m assuming you are waiting for him? Did you guys schedule a meet up or something? Because Hyukjae works at the public library three blocks from here every weekends.”

 

“Uhmm...not really—”

 

“Yah, Lee Donghae! I’m sorry I’m late. I totally forgot that my car broke down last night and I had to take a cab on the way here. Why did you choose this place anyway? They don’t even serve rice—”

 

“Shut the up, Cho Kyuhyun. Sit down and breathe. If you think you’re already off the hook then you’re wrong,” he pushed the newly-arrived mess on the seat in front of him.

 

Someone coughed discretely and Donghae noticed that the black-haired co-worker of Hyukjae named Jongwoon was still beside them. He was looking amusedly at Kyuhyun then at him. His face briefly morphed into something Donghae could not read. That’s weird.

 

“You can just call me if you guys would like to order anything. No need to go to the counter. It was nice meeting you, Donghae-ssi.” And the man gave him a nod and a small smile before mopping on the other side of the room.

 

There was only a minute or two of peace between the two of them when he felt a pair of eyes looking at him intently. Kyuhyun was obviously staring at him with an indecipherable expression, making Donghae slightly uncomfortable. He didn’t even have to look at the blue-haired to confirm that he was indeed staring. He knew the other very well and his actions were something he could easily predict.

 

Another minute of nothing passed by when Donghae decided that enough was enough. He threw some tissue paper from the cup on their table straight at Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“That’s enough, bastard. You’re seriously creeping me out. What’s your deal?” He asked, squinting his eyes intently at the other.

 

Kyuhyun raised his hands in surrender, “It’s nothing. I’m just double-checking and confirming whether Heechul hyung lied to me or he was telling the truth. And can’t I spend some time with you? Our universities were two cities apart. Am I not allowed to miss you?”

 

“What did Heechul hyung even tell you?”

 

The other stuck his tongue out, obviously mocking the hell out of him.

 

“Secret. That’s something between your best friend and me.”

 

Donghae threw another handful of tissue paper. He stifled a laugh as he saw how the blue-haired struggled trying to prevent them from littering on the mopped floor.

 

“Donghae, stop! Fine. I will tell you.”

 

“Shoot before I stuff your mouth with tissue papers.”

 

“First, Heechul told me about your suspension. I attempted to call you many times but Dad was being a major to me lately. He kept on sending me to live surgery demos which was absurd since I’m only on my second year in med school. Second, Heechul also told me how you were different these days.”

 

Donghae raised his eyebrow, “Different?”

 

The other just shrugged his shoulders. “Like you’re barely grumpy and snappy. I don’t know that’s why I wanted to see you to be sure. And I guess Heechul’s right.”

 

He seemed different these days? Well, Donghae wasn’t sure why people kept on telling him he looked different—and soft lately, and he could not decide whether to be offended or not.

 

 

Just like that, he spent the half part of his Saturday with Kyuhyun inside the shop. They attempted to talk seriously about what’s going on with their lives but each attempts somehow lead to bickers and nonsensical disputes.

 

At least Kyuhyun had the decency to order something for the both of them. The thing was, he had to forcefully send the blue-haired to the counter to order and not to take advantage of the black-haired waiter’s kindness.

 

“But he said we can just call him to order.”

 

“Shut up and go up there. Why bother him when you can order on your own?”

 

“Fine. You’re lucky I was paying.”

 

“Well you should. That’s what you get for making me wait.”

 

 

But speaking of the black-haired waiter, Donghae noticed something weird about him and his actions and Kyuhyun seemed to notice it as well.

 

When they were on their second glass of drinks, Kyuhyun opened the subject. It was lingering on his head for a few hours now and as he glanced at the waiter currently on the counter, he realized the other was doing it again.

 

“Yah! Don’t you find that waiter weird? He keeps on staring and looking at our table. He’s seriously giving me the creeps,” Kyuhyun whispered, pretending to be busy and nonchalant by rearranging the small plates which contained their desserts from earlier.

 

“Maybe he found you amusing or something. I mean, it’s not every day you will see a guy with a bright blue hair that would put the Smurfs to shame

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter