-One-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1 ONE  

An extreme blast of wind coming from the newly-opened ceiling fan distracted Donghae from the book he dug his nose into three hours ago. Groaning because of the unexpected intrusion, he flipped the four hundred-eighth page as he grumbled even more. His back hurt like hell and he did not want to accept the fact that he was in fact, aging. Something more inevitable than the fact that he was no longer alone in this secluded study room for law students.

 

Nope. Not going to happen. You are still as young as ever, Donghae.

 

Another noise interrupted his reading once again and this time, it was the sound of wooden chairs being dragged. Noises that were definitely much more infuriating. Chattering soon followed and he did not have to turn around to figure out that more than two people entered. Judging by the topic of the conversation, they were surely lowerclassmen. Donghae rolled his eyes when he heard one voice asking the difference between legal separation, divorce, and annulment.

 

Pathetic. Who doesn’t know the difference between those three? Oh well, probably them, Donghae.

 

That was the problem with kids nowadays he believed. They always delved themselves headfirst into the complexities of life without making their way around the simple concepts first. He let out a shallow sigh, eyes, and mind focusing back on the book resting in front of him.

 

With all the new information helplessly trying to enter his mind, Donghae could not help but wonder. The reason why he chose to read at this place is that nobody even knows this is open for everyone. Only those who are crazy enough to walk several miles from the main building would be the lucky ones who would get to use this facility. And Donghae bravely assumed he is the only crazy one in that small yet prestigious school, aside from Heechul, his roommate, and best friend. Now that person is crazy on a whole new level. Maybe he underestimated the younger ones considering the situation.

 

Deciding that he had enough knowledge for the day, he left the room without batting an eyelash towards his juniors. Glitters of stars were waiting to make their appearance in the sky and Donghae never looked prouder than ever. He knew not bringing an umbrella was the right option.

 

Thank goodness it did not rain or else Kim Heechul would kick me in the shin once again.

 

Well, not like he will let that happen to him once again, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Being part of the school’s soccer team surely shaped Heechul well. That guy could kick his to North Korea without breaking a sweat, and being the limp noodle that he biologically is, would not even get to retaliate and fight back.

 

Maybe I should demand another roommate.

 

 

The security guard in front of the gate of their apartment complex gave Donghae a slight bow, acknowledging his presence in which he politely returned. Being the smartest and most meticulous student that he is, he knew it would take him a total of three minutes and fifty-three seconds to his shared room with Heechul if he uses the stairs, but only twelve seconds if the elevator is available. The goddess of luck probably blessed him too much today as the elevator’s door opened just in time for his approach.

 

It did not take long for him to slump on the leather couch, dropping his school things on the empty space beside him. He heard the shower being turned off and that answered his question of his roommate’s whereabouts. He closed his eyes as fatigue slowly took over his body. He overdid everything again and it was surely tiring.

 

“Oh, you’re here! How was your last class?”

 

Donghae opened his left eye for a millisecond before closing it again. Heechul is in the midst of drying his hair and if Donghae was not observant enough, he would not know that the other is leaving.

 

“Fine. You going somewhere?”

 

Heechul hummed in an excited manner and even without opening his eyes, he knew the other was doing his crazy dance moves where he moves his hips like a freaking grinder—a dance move he liked to call the Kim Heechul Dance. He always does that when he is excited or when he is just being his usual self and Donghae could only shake his head disapprovingly. Trust him when he says that it was not a pleasing sight.

 

“I have a gig at the club at the end of the street. You want to come?”

 

“No thanks. I have an exam tomorrow and I have yet to study. And speaking of exams, don’t you also have one tomorrow? Media Literacy if I’m not mistaken, Kim Heechul.”

 

“Aw come on! Don’t be such a killjoy, Hae Hae. I already studied for that subject and I knew you also finished yours. Come with me. It would be fun. Some of my friends are coming.”

 

Donghae raised his right eyebrow suspiciously at the pouting guy in front of him. Again, not a pleasing sight.

“Since when do you have friends?”

 

“Excuse me, young man, but last time I checked, you are the antisocial here and definitely not me. Come on, you would enjoy I pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter