-Three-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
3 THREE  

“Tell me this is not happening! Tell me this is not ing happening!” Donghae nervously muttered that mantra as he quadruple-checked if his seatbelt was buckled tightly. From the side mirror, he can barely see the worried figures of Heechul and Hankyung, with the latter’s hands firmly clasped together and his eyes closed and Heechul trying to talk things out with TOP and another guy Donghae did not care to know the name.

 

“Calm down, Fishy! This is going to be fun.”

 

Donghae cursed as he threw invisible daggers at the grinning man beside him who is also the same man who put him in this horrible situation. His heart is painfully pounding against his chest and his mind is running miles per hour, trying to think of the possible outcomes of this nonsense.

Possible outcome number 1: jae or whatever the hell this man’s name would slam the car on a post or a tree and almost certainly kill Donghae.

Possible outcome number 2: This man’s opponents would intentionally bump their cars with that of jae and Donghae and unintentionally kill Donghae.

Possible outcome number 3: jae or whatever would fail to control their speed and they will eventually fall off the cliff and that will kill Donghae.

 

“Holy ! I’m going to die! I don’t want to die yet! I have ing exams tomorrow! That ing Kim Heechul! Argh! I have ing exams—that goddamn Kim Heechul! This is his fault.” Donghae did not realize he was rambling aloud causing jae or whatever to laugh even more. Hankyung took that time to approach their car and with a troubled expression, he gave Donghae a slight pat on his right shoulder. The latter made no response as he was too anxious to even notice what’s happening.

 

“I didn’t get to convince TOP and GD to replace Hae. Please be careful Hyuk, okay? This kid may seem like a rude person but he is actually nice. And Heechul would slash my head off if something bad happens to his favorite dongsaeng. He asked me to tell you that this kiddo has three exams tomorrow and that he can’t miss them.”

 

Hyukjae flashed the older a knowing smile. “Stop worrying too much, hyung. You know I’m the best in this field. Three exams, huh? Damn these intellectuals!”

 

A loud horn could be heard as well as the faint cheers of the audience and those indicate that the race would start soon. Hyukjae gave Hankyung one last glance.

 

“Tell Heechul hyung to stop worrying. I’ll bring Fishy to him in one piece.” And he finally wore his white helmet, handing the black one to the still frozen Donghae.

 

Not a minute had passed and the race already started. Hyukjae started out slower than usual as he did not want to really give the person beside him a cardiac arrest. Several minutes into the race and Donghae slowly opened his tightly shut eyes as he uncomfortably settled to the speed of the car. He was slightly shocked, to be honest, as he saw that they are currently in the first place even with their slow start.

 

Although he is quite assured now that he is not going to die anytime soon, Donghae still could not help but tremble in fear. This is something that is literally out of his comfort zone and he never goes out of it even if someone asks his best friend. That loud chatterbox is probably the only person who knows him the best. Not even the people he should be calling his ‘parents’ know him neither his likes nor dislikes.

 

If only he is not about to pass out in complete anxiety, he would probably laugh at his situation right now. Who would have thought that the perfectionist, consistent top one student of Seoul College of Law is currently in the verge of losing it inside a damn racecar operated by someone he just met not even an hour ago? Not himself, for sure.

 

He briefly glanced at the man he still hates at the very exact moment and Donghae relaxed a little when the other is grinning from ear to ear. He could not quite decipher what that smile means but that smile could possibly mean he would not crash the car, right? He could only hope so.

 

“Why the hell did you have to pick me?!” Donghae could not help but complain as he tried to grip the seatbelt even tighter if that was even possible. His started to hurt a bit due to the bumpy road but he knew that that will not kill him, unlike the man who is in control of the stirring wheel. One wrong move and Donghae better kiss his precious books goodbye. “Why not Chul hyung or Geng hyung? We barely knew each other.” He added.

 

“I need a radio.” The other man answered, not taking his eyes off the road. Donghae scoffed. He just could not believe this man beside him.

 

“Then you should have chosen Heechul, you jerk! He’s more suitable.”

 

Donghae could still remember tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter