-Sixteen-

Unlikely Possibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Pay up, bastards! I knew they will be together sometime this month.”

 

“Uhmm...Jongwoon-ssi—”

 

“Well, technically, it was Donghae hyung who had confessed first and not Hyukjae hyung. And that was not on our bet, hyung.”

 

“Minho-ssi—”

 

“But Kangin hyung and Jongwoon hyung still have to pay. They were so sure that Hyuk hyung will die without confessing to Donghae hyung.”

 

“Excuse me, Taemin-ssi—”

 

“Hey! I’m not paying for anything! The rule was clear: Hyukjae would confess first or not. And Donghae-ssi confessed first so it up, kiddos!”

 

“Leeteuk-ssi’s boyfriend—”

 

"Hey! Those who have to pay must pay!"

 

Fine! Ignore me all you guys want. Talk about me as if I’m not here.

 

With a soundless huff, Donghae leaned back to the chair he was sitting on. He did not know what just happened but all he could remember was that all of the shop’s employees made themselves comfortable one by one in front of him. His boyfriend—Donghae still blushes every time he refers to Hyukjae as his boyfriend—was forcefully asked to work the counter while the others surrounded him like predators to their prey.

 

Since he was fairly acquainted with all of them, with the exception of Kangin whom he found pretty intimidating and Ryeowook whom he just met thirty minutes ago, he just let them do whatever they wanted. It’s not like he could kick them out since he was the customer and they were the employees of the shop.

 

 

“But what about our bet whether Donghae-ssi likes Hyuk back? That should count, right? Minho, Taemin, and Wookie should pay.”

 

“That’s not fair, Woonie. I only met Donghae-ssi today. How would I know if he likes Hyukjae hyung or not?”

 

“Yah, Wookie! Just because you’re my boyfriend doesn’t mean you’re off the hook.”

 

Donghae sighed. Yeah! They’re still going at it and he no longer attempted to speak nor remind them that he is in fact, there with them at the very moment. Where the hell is Lee Hyuk-ing-Jae when you need him?

 

“Can you all stop talking about your embarrassing bets in front of my Fishy? You’re making him uncomfortable.”

 

And as if the heavens has finally listened to his desperate prayers, someone with that familiar clean, earthy scent of rosewood and strawberry comfortably placed himself beside him. Donghae unconsciously leaned closer when Hyukjae gently pulled him by the waist. He really enjoyed being this close to the taller guy and thankfully, the latter apparently is a skinship monster. He did not anticipate ever that someone’s embrace would be as comfortable and warm as that of his Heechul hyung’s.

 

“Are they making you uncomfortable, Hae? Should we transfer to another table?” Hyukjae whispered in his ears in a playful manner and Donghae just shook his head.

 

“It’s fine. We can stay,” he whispered back and the taller guy snickered.

 

“And yet you’re making that expression which you only show when you’re uneasy.” Hyukjae then proceeded to lightly pinch his nose making him pout unknowingly.

 

Hyukjae truly keeps on bringing out this new side of him. You see, Lee Donghae and being cute just won’t fit in the same equation before. Yet, here he is now! Being so goddamn cute like a goddamn corgi.

 

 

“Aww! Look at them, Kanginnie. They’re so adorable.”

 

And their little staring battle was interrupted when they heard Leeteuk cooed. The oldest among them was continuously hitting his boyfriend beside him while looking—more like staring with heart eyes—at the newly formed couple. As if on cue, everyone on the table turned to look at them making Donghae hid his face on the crook of Hyukjae’s neck. He swore he heard some more coos and chuckles.

 

“I know they’re being so cute and disgusting and all but can you stop hitting me, Teuk? That violent side of yours would really kill me one day.”

 

Donghae briefly sneaked at what was happening and he prevented himself from cooing as well when he saw a pouting Taemin and Minho. He really was a er for cute things and the two youngest just were the perfect definition of ‘cute’ at the moment.

 

Taemin scoffed, “Yeah. Donghae hyung is yours now, Hyukjae hyung. Stop rubbing it in our faces.” And the youngest employee even glared at Hyukjae who was busy laughing all by himself.

 

Donghae’s heart is in a frenzy mode right now. It was definitely his first time being surrounded by people who may not be that close to him but the familiarity he felt when with them was just priceless. He felt like being friends with them for a few years now and Donghae wasn’t sure if it was okay to feel that way.

 

 

Aside from the few customers some of Hyukjae’s co-workers had to attend to, they basically spent few more hours just teasing and making fun of both Hyukjae and Donghae. Donghae warmed up to them little by little and Hyukjae never failed to whisper how much he was proud of him every so often.

 

At some point, he even tag-teamed with Taemin and Minho in mocking his boyfriend which earned him playful pouts and banters from Hyukjae himself. When the two of them parted ways with the others, Hyukjae took him for a walk around the park in Donghae’s neighborhood before sending him to his advanced classes.

 

 

 

They were walking hand in hand, just admiring the beautiful view that they failed to appreciate before. Cherry blossom trees were starting to bloom in full beauty adding some more love to the already romantic atmosphere.

 

Just then, Donghae’s phone rang.

 

Incoming call from Cho Kyukyu...

 

“It’s Kyuhyun,” he mouthed when Hyukjae asked him who it was.

 

“Hello, Kyu?”

 

“DONGHAE HYUNG!” His cousin shouted from the other line, making him pulled the phone away from his ears. “Hello, hyung? Are you there?”

 

“Yeah, I’m here. What’s up?”

 

“I heard from Heechul hyung that you’re together with Hyukjae hyung now.”

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow at Hyukjae who was laughing beside him. He pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter