Eight: That One Time Ryosuke was Accused of Being That Guy who Made Mirai Went Drinking for a Broken Heart

Ten Yamashi Interactions The Entertainment World Avoids

When the VTR showed Kawashima Umika, Mirai knew she had to be nervous. She can be a careless talker and there are so many times Mirai got stuck in such an awkward situation because of her best friend. Everything went well until Umika was asked, “When was the most memorable moment you had with Mirai-chan?”

Mirai smiled with the question. She had a lot of good memories with Umika on it. They had a lot of travels together, Disneyland Saturdays and arcade Sundays are just a few. She was curious which one does her best friend like the most.

Umika thought for a moment. “Unnn…we had a lot. But it would be the first time she got drunk.”

The audience laughed and Mirai can only blink looking at the VTR. “Eh?”

 “Eh?!” The host turned to Mirai. “Do you remember this, Mirai-chan?”

“This is interesting!” Zakiyama who was sitting next to Yamada Ryosuke exclaimed and stood from his seat which made the younger guy pull him back on his seat causing more chuckles.

Mirai grinned unsure.

“Usually, Mirai don’t drink to the point of getting drunk.” Umika started. “She doesn’t like alcoholic drinks but that time she drank a lot.” And laughter can be heard from Umika’s interviewer and from the whole studio.

“What happened?” The interviewer asked.

Umika grinned. “During that time, she liked this guy…” Umika has not finished yet but Mirai already turned her head on her shoulder, shutting her eyes.

The host clapped his hands laughing.

“This guy likes playing videogames.” Umika laughed and continued. “And Mirai found out he is dating a girl who also plays videogames.”

Mirai was already shaking her head embarrassingly. Her lips thinned and she kept her composure, eventually fidgeting causing some unnecessary mannerism of fixing her hair or rubbing her eye with a finger.

“Mirai was like ‘Why can’t he just like me instead, I play Nintendo!’” Umika impersonate Mirai and Mirai already lost it laughing terribly as she covered her face. Mirai froze, curled her upper body on her lap still covering her face while laughter was getting louder.

She pulled her body up, as she removed her hands down and eyes still glued on her lap.

“Mira-chan, are you okay?” The host asked chuckling.

“Mou~!” She pointed at the VTR then squint her eyes, before grinning. “I know interviewing Umika is never a good idea.” There was laughter from the audience.

The host held his laughter. “Nintendo isn’t bad at all.”

Mirai laughed. “I only played Mario Kart that time.”

The laughter got louder.

“Does he even know? That guy?” The host asked.

“Eh?” Mirai blinked. “He never knew.” She smiled. “I am quite traditional. I never confess my feelings.”

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeh?~!” The host synchronized with the audience.

Mirai nodded.

“So you think guys should confess ne?” The host asked.

“I don’t have anything against girls doing it but for me, I don’t have that bravery to do so. I think it’s better to wait for the guy to confess.” Mirai hesitantly yet still answered the question. “So he never knew.” And laughed.

“That’s sad ne?” A female comedian said. “He lost the chance of dating Mirai-chan too.”

Mirai laughed, shaking her head. “He was doing great.”

“Are they still dating though?” The host asked. “That guy and his videogaming girlfriend?”

Mirai chucked. “Eh? I don’t know!”

“Coz maybe he can give your Nintendo a chance!” The host looked at the camera. “Whoever you are, Nintendo is the best!” He joked making the audience and the guests laughed including Mirai.

“Eh~ Yamada-kun might have an idea ne?” Zakiyama barged in and Yamada Ryosuke looked at him surprised. “You two are friends right?”

“EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH????” The audience’s reaction can be heard.

Ryosuke was still looking blank and just nodded while Zakiyama kept pointing at him. “Mirai and I knew each other for quite a long time but…” He turned to Mirai’s direction. “I don’t know anything about this.”

Mirai grinned looking at Ryosuke’s direction.

“Come on!” Zakiyama hit the guy in the shoulder. “I’m sure you know someone who plays videogames.”

Ryosuke grinned rubbing his shoulder. “Most of the guys in our circle plays video games. I even play videogames myself. It’s not easy to point it out.”

“Are you saying it could be you?” Zakiyama grinned teasingly.

Mirai laughed.

“BAKA! THAT’S NOT IT!” Ryosuke grinned. “I just think Mirai is not the type to actually like even one of us.”

“Of course none of you will know cuz Mirai just said it, she doesn’t confess.” The host barged in.

Ryosuke scratched the back of his head. “That just proves I had no idea.”

“How can you be clueless tho when you know all the guys in your circle of friends and one of them may have a videogaming girlfriend?” Zakiyama insisted.

“Wait! What if it’s Yamada-kun?” The host joined in.

Ryosuke looked so accused looking at both the host and the guy next to him.

Mirai curled in her seat again. “Stop! I can’t deal with this anymore!”

Laughter raged.

Ryosuke turned to Mirai and playfully went along the two guys. “We are talking about this backstage, Mirai.”

The girl just went laughing harder lifting her face up.

END