Time Waits For No-One.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Time Waits For No-One.

 

 

Eunha spent the next day lingering around the ER and Junmyeon’s office. This earned her a scolding look from Chanyeol — of all people — who accused her of ditching her duties as a core member of the ob-gyn team. However, it did not take long for the male nurse to casually shrug his shoulders and use Eunha’s head as an arm rest to join in on the fun.

 

“Who or what are you spying on?”

 

“What makes you so sure I’m spying on someone?”

 

“Ah-ha!” Chanyeol exclaimed with pride. “So it’s a person, now let’s see…”

 

Expending his arm out, Chanyeol moved his finger around like a compass in search of the correct target. 

 

“I spy with my eyes a Junmyeon who is more focused on his phone than his work,” Chanyeol chirped excitedly. “What’s he staring so intently at?”

 

Not expecting Chanyeol to catch on so fast, Eunha lifted her head to stare at Chanyeol but failed due to his weight resting on top of her head. Taking out her phone, Eunha’s lips curled into a cheeky grin as she started typing a message.

 

“Want to see something funny?”

 

Feeling Chanyeol nod his head, Eunha dramatically tapped on the ‘send’ button on her phone. After doing so, she immediately looked up and focused her gaze on Junmyeon, the recipient of her message.

 

Just as she had anticipated, Junmyeon jolted when he received the message. Much to Junmyeon’s dismay, he ended up clicking open the message and after reading its content, he let out an exacerbated yelp that sounded just like the one Eunha had heard yesterday outside her office.

 

“What did you send him?” Chanyeol guffawed, biting his fist to contain himself from cackling out loud.

 

“Secret,” Eunha quipped, quickly typing another message.

 

Junmyeon stared at his home speechlessly. He wondered whether it was a hallucination, but regardless of how long he stared at the message, it remained unchanged.

 

From Troublesome Eunha:

You’ve got until midnight.

 

He was about to exit the message app when yet another message popped up.

 

From Troublesome Eunha:

Time is ticking.

 

Feeling his knees go weak, Junmyeon leaned against the wall and slid down towards the ground, earning a concerned look from Irene who was passing by.

 

Eunha giggled to herself and pushed Chanyeol off of her since she had an outpatient appointment soon and she could not neglect her work because of Junmyeon. When she turned around though, she came face to face with Minseok who was staring at her judgmentally.

 

“Stop doing that,” Minseok warned the girl.

 

“Stop doing what?” Eunha asked innocently as she tilted her head.

 

“You’re making that face that you make every time you are brewing up some evil plan.” Minseok frowned. “I know that look too well. I’ve seen you and Sunny plotting together way too many times in the past.”

 

“Just let me have fun.” Eunha rolled her eyes.

 

“Yes, just let us have fun.” Chanyeol nodded, hooking his arms with Eunha and pulling the girl along.

 

Giving Minseok a cheerful wave, Eunha threw one final glance towards the disgruntled Junmyeon. That was enough for alarm bells to start ringing in Minseok’s head. Lifting his hands, Minseok pointed at his eyes and then pointed towards Eunha while mouthing ‘I’m watching you’.

 

・・・

 

Shuffling out of her bedroom in her pyjamas that consisted of an oversized t-shirt, Eunha crouched down in front of the freezer and stared inside in search of something cold to munch on. Her eyes landed on the frozen grapes and she excitedly reached for them. She contemplated on joining Minseok on the sofa to watch a film, however, the night sky looked too beautiful and thus Eunha decided to relax on the balcony instead.

 

Sitting down on the chair placed on the balcony, Eunha hugged her knees close to her chest and bit into a frozen grape while her eyes remained locked on her phone, watching the minutes change as it got closer and closer to midnight. Her phone buzzed in that moment and she almost dropped her phone from how fast she tried to open the message.

 

From The Dimples:

Are you still up for tomorrow?

I was thinking about French food for date number 2.

 

Biting her lower lip, Eunha’s eyebrows lowered in disappointment at who the sender of the message was before realising that she still needed to give Yixing a proper response. Inhaling deeply, Eunha finally gathered her courage to give Yixing a call.

 

“A phone call?” Yixing mused the moment he answered. “To what do I owe this honour?”

 

“Well…” Eunha mumbled, suddenly at a loss of words.

 

“Is this about the French restaurant?” Yixing asked, noticing how uncharacteristically quiet Eunha was being. “We can go somewhere else if you prefer.”

 

“No, French food is good, as long as I don’t ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter