Stubborn Idiot.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Stubborn Idiot.

 

 

The much anticipated Friday had rolled in and somehow Chanyeol was the most excited and antsy out of everyone — even more than Eunha herself. In fact, Eunha was being infuriatingly indecipherable and that frustrated Chanyeol to no end. He had no idea if she had agreed to the date with Yixing and it was impossible to tell from her behaviour; she simply acted the way she always did. However, Chanyeol tried his hardest to keep his thoughts to himself since Eunha had a major surgery to perform in the first half of the day.

 

Once it was lunch time, Eunha joined Minseok and Junmyeon's table, Chanyeol trailing behind her. Although Junmyeon had not yet reached internal peace with his seemingly one-sided struggle with Eunha, he could not stop himself from glancing at her tray and nod in approval that for once she was having a balanced and healthy meal. His brows soon etched into a frown however when Eunha started transferring her cucumbers onto his plate.

 

“Stop treating me like your personal food bin,” Junmyeon snapped at her. “Cucumbers are good for you.”

 

“Who said you were my personal food bin?” Eunha blinked at him innocently. “Minseok and Chanyeol are more than welcome to do the same.”

 

Junmyeon breathed in deeply, having to stop himself from rolling his eyes too hard at how the girl had completely missed the point — or maybe she was doing it on purpose to annoy him like always.

 

“Keep me out of this,” Minseok huffed, purposefully scooting away from the two. “I just want to eat in peace. Why did you even pick the cucumber salad if you weren’t going to eat it?”

 

“I like to be whimsical once in a while.” Eunha shrugged her shoulders, scooping a spoonful of rice into .

 

Minseok rolled his eyes in disbelief while Junmyeon bit onto his chopsticks in an attempt to stop himself from scolding the girl. Meanwhile, Chanyeol found himself growing increasingly more jittery as his knees jerked up and down, occasionally bumping against the table. Unable to hold it in any longer, Chanyeol slammed his hands down, successfully grabbing everyone’s attention.

 

“Today is Friday,” Chanyeol managed to squeeze out of his mouth while staring intensely at Eunha.

 

“Yes it is.” Eunha nodded slowly.

 

“So…” Chanyeol’s voice trailed.

 

“So…” Eunha echoed.

 

Whether or not Eunha was consciously deflecting Chanyeol’s vain attempts to dig out her plans for the evening, her response was enough to send a second wave of jitters through Chanyeol who’s curiosity grew exponentially stronger. Even Junmyeon somehow found himself getting dragged into the whirlpool of emotions that was oozing out of Chanyeol, thus he found himself also staring at Eunha, his food remaining untouched.

 

Irked by the directionless conversation that was preventing him from enjoying his meal in peace, Minseok smacked Chanyeol’s head with his spoon before turning towards Eunha with a serious expression.

 

“Should I wait for you after work today to go home together?”

 

Junmyeon forced himself to look away from Eunha, not wanting to come off as too curious about the girl’s evening plans. Nonetheless his ears were wide open, waiting to pick up her response. Meanwhile, Eunha poked at her plate of chicken with her chopsticks, taking her time to chew on the food in . After what felt like an eternity, she finally swallowed and shook her head.

 

“You are relieved of your duties as my chauffeur for today.”

 

“Good to know,” Minseok grumbled, kicking Chanyeol under the table in the process.

 

The tall nurse jolted in his seat from the pain running through his shin but still managed to swallow down the holler of excitement that threatened to pour out. He may not look like it due to his large stature, but Chanyeol was a hopeless romantic and he lived to see potential love blossom around him. He had a very positive impression of Yixing and he saw no harm in Eunha giving the male a chance. If anything, he just needed some distraction and entertainment from the otherwise repetitive and romance-less hospital life.

 

Junmyeon on the other hand reached for his water and gulped it down all in one go, feeling the food clogging his windpipe. Glancing at his watch, he mentally counted the hours until Eunha would be off on her date.

 

・・・

 

“The patient’s age is 28, fractured ribs due to attempted robbery,” Irene informed Junmyeon who just rushed into the ER.

 

“Get a CT scan and contact her guardian,” Junmyeon ordered immediately.

 

“There’s something else,” Irene hurriedly added. “She’s pregnant, still in the first trimester.”

 

“Fu—” Junmyeon hissed, clenching his jaws. “What are her readings?”

 

Taking the chart from Irene, Junmyeon grip tightened to the point that his knuckles turned white his face darkened.

 

“Call the anaesthetist and someone from ob-gyn, we may need emergency surgery or worse, a medically induced abortion.”

 

Irene immediately took out her phone and started calling, though the growing frown on her face gave Junmyeon no sense of reassurance.

 

“One anaesthetist is currently in surgery and the other one has just gotten off shift. I’ll get his number and see if he can rush back.”

 

“Call Eunha,” Junmyeon interjected.

 

“Eunha?” Irene repeated. “I think she’s getting off shift now. The one that just left may still be nearby—”

 

“Just call Eunha,” Junmyeon snapped at Irene, though he immediately regretted his harsh tone. “Sorry, just call Eunha. She’s from the ob-gyn department anyway so she will be of more use.”

 

Turning back towards the patient, Junmyeon let out silent curses as her BP levels continued dropping. Hurried footsteps could be heard approaching and Junmyeon exhaled in relief at sight of Eunha fumbling to put on a pair of gloves.

 

“Do Eunha to the rescue.”

 

Wasting no more time, both proceeded to do their job. Junmyeon dared to steal one more glance towards Eunha and realised that she was no longer wearing hospital scrubs. Instead she was adorning a sky blue blouse tucked into a pair of fitted jeans with lace ts that highlighted her slender ankles. She was even wearing matching sky blue sandals with covered toes and slight heels. No matter how you looked at it, Eunha was dressed for a date.

 

Junmyeon was allowed no more time in his own thoughts however because the patient suddenly started seizing,. The motion ripped out the needle that was connected to her arm. This likely damaged a vein because in the blink of an eye, blood splattered everywhere, painting splashes and threads of crimson all over Eunha’s clothes. Irene gasped when she saw, however Eunha remained unfazed and instead pushed Junmyeon aside as she reached for the cabinet with syringes.

 

“Stop her bleeding and hold her still,” Eunha ordered.

 

With practiced motions, she inserted the syringe into the patient’s arm and within moments the patient was laying completely still again.

 

・・・

 

Junmyeon inserted a couple of coins in the vending machine and after buying two cans of coffee, he approached an exhausted looking Eunha who was draped against a bench just a few feet away.

 

“Thanks for your hard work,” Junmyeon whispered softly as he sat down next to her and offered the coffee.

 

Eunha took the drink from him and tapped a finger rhythmically against the cold tin material, her expression solemn and her eyes dejected.

 

“She lost the child.”

 

Taking a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter