Lollipop Doctor.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lollipop Doctor.

 

 

A couple of days after the encounter with the mysterious Yixing, Eunha got in touch with him and the two decided to talk over a cup of coffee. Thus on one of Eunha’s rare days off, she found herself dressed in clothing other than hospital scrubs and enjoying the outside air.

 

“I was starting to worry that you had lost my card,” Yixing chuckled, showing off his deep dimples.

 

“You seemed pretty confident that I would get in touch,” Eunha responded, swirling a spoon in her mocha.

 

“I trust in your judgment and your gut instinct as a professional anaesthetist,” Yixing explained. “I truly believe we’d make a formidable pair.”

 

“You'll have to persuade and win me over first,” Eunha hummed, raising an eyebrow as if challenging the male.

 

“I think we’re already on the same page,” Yixing chirped. “To provide reliable and affordable anaesthetics for pregnant women with severe heart conditions; something that won’t induce strain or stress on the mother or the child.”

 

“And Phoenix Flame has that.”

 

Yixing gave Eunha a long but indecipherable look, noting how her’s was a statement rather than question.

 

“So you know already,” Yixing mused.

 

“A little birdie told me that Phoenix Flame is in late stage discussion with the Ministry of Health and that you have a very intimate relationship with the medical department of Seoul National University,” Eunha noted, purposefully imitating Yixing’s choice of words from their first encounter. “It’s only a matter of time before your new drug gets approved and becomes at least partly covered by the national health insurance.”

 

“Indeed.” Yixing nodded, his smile only widening.

 

“For better of for worse you’ve got great timing,” Eunha contemplated out loud while the milk foam from her spoon. “I have a patient with con heart conditions and is expecting soon.”

 

“Lady fate is clearly pining for us,” Yixing commented in a sing-song voice.

 

“I won’t promise anything but I will make sure to look over all the lengthy materials that you have brought over today,” Eunha exhaled, eyeing the large bag laying next to her. “That will be hours of reading. Why not email them over though?”

 

“I’m an old school type of person, like to do things the traditional way. But yes, they are lengthy documents because they covers years of trials and experimentations,” Yixing chuckled. “And I’d be disappointed if you can’t even go through those.”

 

“Huh.” Eunha arched an eyebrow. “So if I want to get rid of you I just have to disappoint you by struggling through these papers.”

 

“Unfortunately that won’t do.” Yixing shook his head. “I’m firm on working with SNUH and you, so if I necessary I will explain everything page by page, word by word.”

 

“Such commitment.”

 

“I’m a devoted man.”

 

The two fell in a silent staring content, neither showing any sign of backing down. Eventually Eunha became bored of the exchange and turned her gaze towards the window, a flicker of recognition passing through her eyes as she made eye contact with someone outside. Finishing her mocha, Eunha stood up and grabbed the bag of documents that Yixing had given her.

 

“Coffee’s on me,” Eunha announced.

 

Without waiting for a response, the girl approached the cashier and paid for the drinks. Yixing remained rooted in his chair, shaking his head at the girl who fervently forged her way through life at her own pace and rhythm, not letting anyone or anything get in her way.

 

“Pity,” Yixing whispered to himself as his eyes remained focused on Eunha’s retreating figure. “If I had paid for the coffee you’d owe me another outing.”

 

The moment Eunha stepped out, she came face to face with a frowning Junmyeon. He was holding Aecha’s hand — who cheerfully waved at Eunha. Another young lady with eyes that heavily resembled Junmyeon’s stood next to Aecha. From how he was wearing casual clothing, it would appear that it was his day off as well and was spending quality time with his family. It just so happened that he witnessed Eunha having coffee with Yixing and thus he had all sorts of thoughts about how the anaesthetist was fraternising with the wrong crowd.

 

Eunha gave Junmyeon an uncharacteristically polite smile, though it did stretch into a wider one when she waved at Aecha. Giving the unknown lady — who Eunha safely assumed was Bongcha — a small bow, Eunha swiftly turned around and started walking away. Upon turning the corner however, Eunha’s ears picked up the distinct sound of footsteps jogging towards her and just as she had predicted, when she turned around she was greeted with Junmyeon’s slightly flushed face, looking out of breath at the unexpected exercising.

 

“How do you survive in the ER with such bad stamina?” Eunha mused, her lips curling into a lop-sided smile.

 

“Why did you meet with that guy?” Junmyeon questioned in a serious tone, ignoring Eunha’s little joke.

 

“I told you to not be so narrow minded.” Eunha shook her head in disappointment. “If you don’t change your mentality you’ll risk wilting away in the stale soil that no longer produces anything good.”

 

“So I should be more like you? Latching onto anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter