Chapter 6: Joining Us

A Reincarnation Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Hee woke up at dawn again, as she couldn't sleep well due to the loud moans. Unknown to her, Hyun also woke up at the same time. He saw Jin Hee strolling the courtyard. He began to show a smile at the sight of her. Jin Hee could hear the birds chirping beautifully. She closed her eyes to listen to the birds. Hyun quickly took his painting tools and head out. Jin Hee heard footsteps and began to gasp. She turned and only saw Hyun. "Hyun? What are you doing here?" 

"I.....I couldn't go back to sleep. I saw you strolling. I thought of doing some painting of you. I know it is early but I hope it is alright with you," said Hyun. Jin Hee smile at him, "Of course I don't mind. What better way to start work early?" Hyun smile back and starts to paint Jin Hee's picture. As he was painting, a glow starts to glow around Jin Hee. His heart starts to beat hard. "Why everytime I am with Lady Jin Hee, my heart starts to beat?" he thought. 

Soon, the painting was finished. Jin Hee look at it. "It is beautiful. I love it," she said. Hyun blushed and thank her with a bow. "Y-You can have it if you want," he said, handling the paper to her. "Are you sure you won't mind?" she asked. Hyun shakes his head. "No. Not at all." Jin Hee blush and didn't know what to say. "T-Thank you, Hyun."

 

During breakfast, Hyun was smiling as he was eating with Bom and the other servants. "Huh? Hyun, you're smiling," said the lady servant. Hyun looked up, not realizing he was smiling. "Oh, I am? Sorry about that," said Hyun. "You're blushing too," said Bom. "Don't tell me.....you have a girlfriend?" Hyun look at her, with eyebrows raised. "What? How could I have a girlfriend?" Bom giggled, "Well, judging from your face. Something must have happened that make you blush."

"He probably has a fantasy dream last night, due to the fact he paint for Master Yoon," the male servant teased, making Hyun blushed even more harder. Bom and the other servants chuckled. "Come on. Let's have breakfast now. We have another day of work today," said the lady servant. 

Meanwhile, Jin Hee was looking at the painting Hyun did for her and smiled while she was eating. "For a guy like him, he sure knows how to paint beautifully." Just then, Sang Ok enters her room. "Sorry. Am I interrupting your meal?" Jin Hee shakes her head. "No. Not at all. Is there something you want from me, Sang Ok?" 

"Oh, not really. I was just coming in to check on you. I hope we did not keep you awake from yesterday's session," said Sang Ok. "Not at all. Who knows soon I will get used to the moan," Jin Hee made a sarcastic joke while picking up the fish with her chopsticks. Sang Ok could only chuckle. "Listen, um, I heard you met In Su yesterday at the market." Jin Hee nod her head. "Yes. He was a kind man."

"I see. In case you do not know, he is coming to visit Hyun," said Sang Ok. Jin Hee puts down her chopstick. "He knows Hyun?" she asked. "Yes. According to him, Hyun was one of his students. The poet here that he has was a gift from him," said Sang Ok as he shows the poet. "You have to give that back to Hyun. I bet he cherish that poet a lot," said Jin Hee. Sang Ok rolls his eyes. "Yeah I should. He was such a whiny baby when I took his gift."

Jin Hee groaned. "Oh, you're such a mean teaser." Sang Ok gave her a smirk. "I am not called the master of teaser for nothing." Jin Hee just scoffs without replying. Sang Ok noticed a painting beside her. He picked it up just to look for curiousity sake. "I see that he has started to paint for you," he said, looking at his relative. Jin Hee just nod her head. "That's a good start. But do remember our deal on not to ask him to paint images with you in it. Only he can paint those for me," warned Sang Ok. "Yeah, yeah. I know. You do not have to remind me," sighed Jin Hee. 

 

Hyun was summoned to Sang Ok's room. "I wonder what does Lord Yoon wants from me this time," he thought with a chill spining down his body. He knocks on the door. "Come in," the voice called. With a gulp, Hyun opens the door. He bows and asked, "Do you want to see me, my lord?" Sang Ok puffs out a smoke and smiles. "Indeed I do, my boy. First, here." He throws a paper to his knee. Hyun picks it up and open it. It was the poet In Su gave him. "But why?" he asked, confused. "Well, since you did a good job in painting for me yesterday. I decide to reward you by giving this precious gift back to you," said Sang Ok. Hyun hug the paper tightly. He thought i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter