Chapter 11: A Nice Outing

A Reincarnation Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Hyun had some free time and decide to catch up on his painting. As he was doing it, when he remembered something. His foggy memory of that night he was drunk suddenly came to him. "Funny though! Suddenly I'm starting to picture what happened when I was drunk." He began to paint of what he pictured in his mind. When he had finished, he let out a gasp. But before he could finally figure out the result, he was interrupted by a knock on the door. He quickly hides the painting away. "Y-Yes?" he called. The door opened and Bom was peeking. "It's only me. Come and have some breakfast with us."

Hyun nod his head. He puts his things away and went with her to the kitchen. "We are so glad you have recovered. We were worried you would skip meals again after you were drunk that night," said the female servant. Hyun ate his rice and didn't say anything. "Next time, please try to control how you drink alcohol," said the male servant who accompanied him that night. "We get it that you were upset over your teacher's words. But do not go to the extreme."

"Do not worry about me. All is forgiven," Hyun told him. Bom looked up from her bowl of rice. "What do you mean?" she asked. "Lady Yoon told me that my teacher has forgiven me and told me to paint whatever I feel comfortable in painting, even if it means painting for Master Yoon," said Hyun, smiling. "I'm glad to hear that," said Bom. "Oh yes. Lady Yoon has requested for you to accompany her out to the marketplace with her today after breakfast."

Hyun's eyes widened. "R-Really?" he gasped. "Yes. I have no idea why but I was instructed to pass this message to you," said Bom. Hyun quickly ate his meal. "Wow! I never seen Hyun this anxious to go on an outing with Lady Yoon," said the female servant. "Yeah. Everytime we mentioned her name, he lits up," said another female servant. Of course, Bom knew that Hyun likes Jin Hee a lot. 

 

Jin Hee was getting dressed for her outing. She looks at the mirror and heaved out a sigh. "This is the first time I asked a guy out. Normally it would be the opposite. But no guys have ever asked me out. This can be my first. Hopefully my so called date will turn out good today." Once she is all ready, she heads out of the room to wait for Hyun. 

As usual, Hyun is dressed in his plain clothes. The sun was shining down on Jin Hee. Hyun blushed at the sight of her beauty. "Hyun! There you are!" Jin Hee called as he walked towards her. "You......look beautiful today, my lady," he murmurs. Jin Hee chuckles by his compliments. "Thank you. Shall we go?" Hyun nod his head and follows her from behind.

 

Hyun was still shy and confused on the outing. "What is the occasion of bringing me out today with you?" he began to ask as they reach town. "Oh, since you've been feeling moody after the incidents that has happened for the past two days, I thought I might cheer you up by joining me to town for the day," said Jin Hee. "I....I-I am.....honoured, my lady. But you have done enough for me," said Hyun. Jin Hee turned to him. "Why do you say that? You do not like the offer?" she asked. With a gasp, Hyun shook his head and said, "N-No! I like it! It's just that.......nobody from the noble status has ever asked me to accompany them on an outing. Even after I step into Master Yoon's home, I never get this kind of treatment."

"Well, consider yourself lucky. Today, you do not need to run errands for me. Just walk with me freely," Jin Hee said with a big grin. Hyun blushed again and thanked her. Jin Hee also asked him not to follow her from behind but walk beside her. "Are you sure it is alright?" Hyun asked with a nervous feeling. "People will judge me if I walk beside you." Jin Hee just shook her head lightly. "That is fine. If people ask, I'll just tell them you are my long lost relative."

Jin Hee came to a shop selling colourful mattress. "Hello, miss. These mattresses just came in from Hanyang today. They are very good quality. A lady like you need a more pretty embroidery silk mattress," said the shopkeeper. Jin Hee just smile as she browse. Hyun notice a shop selling shoes nearby. "Um, is it alright with you if I can go and look at the shoes?" he asked. "Sure, not at all. I'll be waiting for you here," said Jin Hee, grinning. Hyun smiles and walks over to the shoe shop. "That's a fine handsome man you got there, miss," said the shopkeeper. "Thank you, ma'am," said Jin Hee, who was staring at Hyun. 

 

"Welcome, young man. We have fine pairs for sale. These shoes just came in today," the shopkeeper greeted. And he showed two pairs of shoes with pink flowers embroided on them. "These are female shoes, right?" asked Hyun. "Yes indeed," the shopkeeper replied him. Hyun look at Jin Hee, who is still browsing at the mattress shop, and back at the shoes. "I did mention I want to repay her for her kindness. What if I buy these pair of shoes for Lady Yoon? I bet she'll love this," he thought. "How much are these pair, sir?" he asked the shopkeeper. "They're not very expensive. But a fella like you can afford it. They're about 13 yang," said the shopkeeper. Hyun took out the money from his purse and paid the shopkeeper. "Thank you. Do come again."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter