Chapter 1: A New Topic

A Reincarnation Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seoul, present day]

"Eunji, the boss wants to see you." Eunji looked up from her computer, gets up and walk all the way to the CEO's office. "Hmm.....I wonder why the boss wants to see me." Eunji knocks on the door. "Who is it?" the voice called from inside. "It's me, sir. Kim Eunji," Eunji said from the door. "Come in." Eunji opens the door and went inside the office. "Please sit down," the CEO told her. Eunji did as she was told. "Do you know why I called you here?" the CEO asked. "N-No, sir," Eunji answered with a nervous heart. "I hate to admit that your last month's topic on money issue in Korea was not a huge success, as it has a lot of important points missing and lots of them written were plagarized. There were not enough materials to support your topic," the CEO said with a harsh voice. Eunji felt embarassed on her topic she screwed up. "I apologize, sir. But that topic was the hardest to do," she said. "I know, Eunji. But since I hate firing people from my company, I'm gonna give you one more chance."

"Thank you, sir. I'll do my best," said Eunji. "Alright. Your topic for next month's journal is about reincarnation. Talk about what's it like to be reincarnated into someone else's body of your past life," the CEO assigned the topic. Then, he gave her a card. "To help support your topic, here is a card of Seoul's famous expert in reincarnation, Professor Kim Jong Ok. Do visit him. It might help you in your topic. But of course, don't forget to do some research as well. Make sure that your write your words carefully. I'm counting on you to do well."

Eunji took the card, got up and bowed. "Thank you, sir. I promise to not let you down." As she opens the door, the CEO spoke again, "If this journal is a success, I will pay you double and grant you a vacation." 

 

As Eunji left the office, she thought, "Wow! An extra salary and a vacation! What a reward! I better start doing my research on reincarnation fast if I want to do well for this company." Eunji went online and research a topic on reincarnation. But finding a story on the topic itself was hard. "To write about reincarnation, you gotta experience this yourself. That way, people will find it interesting to read." Soon, she felt tired and began to rest her head. "Hey, Eunji," a voice called. Eunji looked up and saw Jimin, her colleague and best friend. "Wanna go for a coffee break?"

The two friends went down to the cafe for a coffee break. "I heard boss gave you a topic on reincarnation. That's kinda hard to write if you don't have the experience," said Jimin. "I know. Luckily, the boss gave me a business card," said Eunji as she showed her friend the card. "Hmm......Professor Kim Jong Ok? I heard of him. He's the expert in reincarnation. My cousin went to him before and he experience his past life," said Jimin. "He told us he was a farmer in his past life."

Eunji sips on her coffee, pretending not to be excited. "Wow! How lovely. A farmer," she said dryly. "I know. It's weird," laughed Jimin. Then, she pull out her cellphone and showed a music video. "Oh yeah! Did you hear? Baekhyun of EXO just released his MV today." Eunji saw Baekhyun performing on the screen and sighs. "My! Baekhyun oppa is so handsome when he sings. I just love his voice."

"I know right! Isn't he amazing? Now that's what I call a vocalist!" Together the two girls sighed at Baekhyun's singing. "I'd love to meet him personally. But I heard EXO's tickets are impossible to get. It sold out fast like hotcakes," said Jimin. "Yeah. I tried everywhere to get tickets. But all websites said they were sold out. Gosh. EXO sure has a lot of fans," said Eunji.

"Are you kidding? They must've have billions of fans, not only in here but around the world," said Jimin. "Don't worry. I'm sure we'll see him live someday," Eunji encourages her friend. She look at her watch. "I gotta go. Have to start doing some research on reincarnation."

 

By evening, Eunji was exhausted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter