Chapter 4: Meeting In Su

A Reincarnation Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Hee went out to the market street with Bom. "So this is how the market street during Joseon is like. It's so cool!" There were street vendors selling fresh herbs, new hanboks, bed sheets and more. A lot of people were walking around buying things. "What a nice day to go for shopping, right, Bom?" asked Jin Hee. "Yes, my lady," Bom said with a forceful smile. She was carrying a lot of stuff in her hands. Jin Hee looked worried. "You look tired. Would you like me to help you carry these stuff?" Bom shook her head. "N-No thanks, my lady. I can handle it." Jin Hee can hear her stomach grumbling. "Oh dear. You seemed hungry. Why don't you go to a restaurant and find some food first? I will join you later," Jin Hee told her. Bom nod her head with agreement.

Jin Hee stayed behind to browse at some hair pins. While Bom was on her way to a nearby restaurant, she accidentally knock into someone and all the things she was carrying dropped onto the the ground. Jin Hee was on her way and noticed the incident. She quickly rush to her rescue. "Oh no! Bom! Are you okay?" she gasped, helping her servant get up. "I-I'm f-fine," said Bom. She apologize to the person she knocked into, "My apologies, sir!" A young nobleman was standing in front of her. "You should be more careful," he told her. "I am truly sorry about that, sir. My servant was on an errand for me," said Jin Hee. The nobleman just smile and shakes his head, "Oh it is no problem. I am not injured. Your servant seemed tired and hungry. Perhaps I can treat her to a meal of gukbap."

"Oh no! You do not have to do that, my lord," Bom said with her head hung. "But I want to. I saw you were heading to a gukbap restaurant. To show there are no trouble, I want to treat you," said the nobleman. Bom had never had these kind of treatment. She accept the offer. "Thank you, my lord." The nobleman look at Jin Hee. "Why don't you join me in lunch too? I could use a companion." Jin Hee smile and accept the offer.

While Bom was eating her gukbap, Jin Hee and the nobleman sat together. "It was nice of you to offer something nice to my servant," she said. The nobleman chuckled. "It is no problem. I feel sorry for her to carry such heavy things." Jin Hee chuckled as well, "I tried to help her but she refuse." 

"I guess because you are a higher status than her. She did not want to trouble you."

"I guess. Well, since we are here, may I know your name?"

The nobleman smiled and introduced himself as Lee In Su. "I mainly teach the children in the village on how to read and write." Jin Hee bowed politely and introduced her name as well. "It is nice to meet you, Sir In Su. But can I ask, why are you helping the village children in reading and writing?" she asked. "It is very simple, my dear. These children are very poor and they have no one to educate them. Their parents are illiterate and the people from the noble family pay less attention to them. So, the least I could do is to give them a free education," said In Su. Jin Hee felt touched on his work. "Wow! That was very kind of you," she said. 

"Thank you, Jin Hee. You're from the Yoon family, right?" asked In Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter