Chapter 13: Dark Secret

A Reincarnation Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Hee couldn't sleep that night. It was not because of the sounds next door this time. It is because of what Sang Ok said earlier. "Since I can't lay a finger on you, I have no choice but to do this to him." Those words kept replaying in her mind. She has no idea what he meant and why he punish Hyun instead of her. She felt confused than ever. "Since I'm also involve in this mess, Sang Ok could have punish me too. Maybe because I'm a noblewoman? I don't know." Then, she saw the diamond on the bracelet is starting to lose its powers. "I don't have much time in this world. But I can't leave without saying good bye to Hyun. And I don't know if he still can face me after what happened at the pavilion earlier. I don't know what to do now. And I don't think the professor can help me with this mess." With a sigh, she hung her head. 

 

The next morning, Jin Hee left her chambers to find the servants whispering to each other. They look worried too. "Excuse me? Why is everybody crowding here?" she asked from behind. The servants saw her and bowed politely. "My lady! It's Hyun! He's.........not here!" one of the female servant told her. "Hyun's not here?" gasped Jin Hee. "Apparently, he must have took his things and left. I went to his room to call him for breakfast but the room is empty. And his painting materials are gone too," said Bom. Jin Hee couldn't believe that Hyun has disappeared just like that.

"Where could he have gone at this time?" 

"Master Yoon would be upset if his favorite painter is gone."

Then, Jin Hee remembered Hyun told her that he wanted to run away to In Su's place the last time. She suspect Hyun has gone there. "I think I know where he has gone," she told them. "May I borrow a horse from here?" "I don't think you can borrow it. Master Yoon would be furious if someone uses his horse without his permission," said the male servant. "Well, I have to bring Hyun back. If Sang Ok finds out, he'll be more upset," said Jin Hee. "Please hurry and prepare the horse." The male servant had no choice but to obey her orders. He led her to the stable where Sang Ok's horse is. Jin Hee climbed on the horse and starts to ride. But she stopped to tell the servants something, "Before I leave, does Sang Ok knows about this?"

"I don't think so, miss," said the female servant. "Okay, good. Be sure that he doesn't suspect anything while I'm gone. I'll try to be back safely with Hyun and his horse of couse," said Jin Hee. "We will try our best, my lady," said Bom. With a nod, she rides out of the gate and disappeared. 

 

True enough, Jin Hee's predictions were correct. Hyun had run away to his teacher's home. In Su was reading a book when he saw Hyun huffing by the gate. "Hyun?" he called. Hyun looked up at his teacher. With tears flowing down, he buried into his teacher's arms and sobbed. "What happened? Why are you here at this hour?" he tried asking him. But he was too busy crying to answer. In Su patted his back and hushed him. "Calm down first. Then tell me what happened."

After a few minutes, Hyun stopped crying. But there were still unshed tears in his eyes. He was offered some snacks and tea. "I hope this will cheer you up a bit," he said. Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter